Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: recent Hailey items

Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    okay here's a new media report to chew on-
    http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2012...gust-birthday/
    snipped-"Colorado City Police Chief Tinker Owens said the investigating agency had no updates to report, but officers continue to follow up on incoming tips. There are still no suspects in Hailey's disappearance."

WTH?? No suspects. What about POI(s)? Has the status of SA changed??
    My personal opinion is that is merely the opinion of the reporter. I know of a woman who wrote to the reporter about this quote and from the answer it simply seems to be HER opinion. My personal opinion is IF anyone wants to know if Shawn is a suspect or not that they should contact Chief Owens.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For The Kids For This Useful Post:

Colorado City Police Chief Tinker Owens said the investigating agency had no updates to report, but officers continue to follow up on incoming tips. There are still no suspects in Hailey's disappearance.
    Thank you, For The Kids. There are no quotation marks around the "statement" from Owens. More bad reporting, which we have seen so much of in Hailey's case.

What stood out most to me in the story though, was who was speaking out for Hailey. Did this reporter make any effort to contact Billie or Clint?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

very good Knox- WHAT do Hailey's parents have to say? they sure are quiet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Wish I knew the answer to your question sres. Seems like they just moved on with their lives. That's probably not fair, I'm not privy to any details in their lives, but it's the way it appears from the outside looking in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by For The Kids View Post
    .... ....My personal opinion is IF anyone wants to know if Shawn is a suspect or not that they should contact Chief Owens.
    I don't think he wants me to call him but then again if I could make myself behave........

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Probably nothing but it's only 30 miles away. Not sure how a body has laid out beside the interstate and a truck stop and no one has seen it till now.

UPDATE: Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County

Posted: Jul 26, 2012 3:56 PM CDT Updated: Jul 26, 2012 5:07 PM CDT
    Video Gallery

Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County (7-26-12)

1:24

Staff Report
    NewsWest 9
    NOLAN COUNTY - NewsWest 9 has learned that Sweetwater Police are actively working with Texas Rangers after a body was found on Interstate 20.
    Sweetwater Police tells NewsWest 9, the body was partially decomposed in the median of I-20 and was found by TxDOT crews that were working in the area.
    NewsWest 9 spoke with Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Frieda via phone and he said that authorities do not know if the body is a male or female.
    Police called in the Texas Rangers to assist with the investigation of the remains.
    The remains have been sent to Lubbock for an autopsy and the investigation remains active.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cajun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    Probably nothing but it's only 30 miles away. Not sure how a body has laid out beside the interstate and a truck stop and no one has seen it till now.

UPDATE: Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County

Posted: Jul 26, 2012 3:56 PM CDT Updated: Jul 26, 2012 5:07 PM CDT
    Video Gallery

Body Found on Interstate 20 in Nolan County (7-26-12)

1:24

Staff Report
    NewsWest 9
    NOLAN COUNTY - NewsWest 9 has learned that Sweetwater Police are actively working with Texas Rangers after a body was found on Interstate 20.
    Sweetwater Police tells NewsWest 9, the body was partially decomposed in the median of I-20 and was found by TxDOT crews that were working in the area.
    NewsWest 9 spoke with Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Frieda via phone and he said that authorities do not know if the body is a male or female.
    Police called in the Texas Rangers to assist with the investigation of the remains.
    The remains have been sent to Lubbock for an autopsy and the investigation remains active.
    Sadly, this is probably some other person, maybe even one that has not been reported missing...seems to be the case far too often.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

30 miles away on I 20 . It has my interest. The article said '' partially decomposed '' .

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

The article was updated.

NOLAN COUNTY - A body found on the Interstate in Sweetwater has been sent to the Medical Examiner's Office.
    The partially decomposed body was found in the median along I-20 on Thursday.
    Around 11 a.m., TXDOT crews spotted the body while they working.
    Sweetwater Police and the Texas Rangers are working together to investigate the remains.
    Police tell NewsWest 9, the suspicious death is being investigated as a homicide.
    On Thursday, NewsWest 9 spoke with Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Frieda about rumors of the body being missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.
    "We're not going to make any assumptions that it is or is not. I don't think it's fair to the family or the community to constantly speculate whether it is Hailey or not," Frieda said.
    The body was sent to Lubbock for an autopsy.
    Chief Frieda says they don't know how long it will take to get the results back.
    http://www.kwes.com/story/19124196/b...n-nolan-county

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    30 miles away on I 20 . It has my interest. The article said '' partially decomposed '' .
    The location is a definite possibility, it's the description that makes me think it's not our sweet Hailey.

Today, if you google "body found sweetwater," the news reports state that the body was severely/badily decomposed, so much so that an identification could not be made.

It could still be Hailey. It is strange though for a body to be there like that long enough to decompose severely without being discovered though. It is in fairly plain sight. The number of truckers alone with a high vantage point should have been able to see something like that. Some articles also indicate that other evidence was collected at the scene, so I wonder if the body was wrapped and had only recently been exposed by the elements or something.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EnvoyDriver61 For This Useful Post:

You can tell from both Google Maps and Bing maps almost exactly where the body was found. It is near several businesses on the Interstate, flat, and no where close to a drainage area (in the median anyway) that could have "deposited" the body from elsewhere.

Depending on how decomposed the body is, I would surmise that it was dumped there. If correct, it would indicate that the body had been elsewhere, perhaps buried or not, and moved from wherever it has been depending on how long it was decomposing.

I've traveled this part of I-20 for over 28 years. Sweetwater is a good stopping point after getting off the highway to Lubbock and is a good place to stop if you missed Abilene or Colorado City as possible other stops, depending on the way you were traveling.

Point is that the body could not have been there in that area decomposing for a long time without someone noticing it.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyDriver61 View Post
    You can tell from both Google Maps and Bing maps almost exactly where the body was found. It is near several businesses on the Interstate, flat, and no where close to a drainage area (in the median anyway) that could have "deposited" the body from elsewhere.

Depending on how decomposed the body is, I would surmise that it was dumped there. If correct, it would indicate that the body had been elsewhere, perhaps buried or not, and moved from wherever it has been depending on how long it was decomposing.

I've traveled this part of I-20 for over 28 years. Sweetwater is a good stopping point after getting off the highway to Lubbock and is a good place to stop if you missed Abilene or Colorado City as possible other stops, depending on the way you were traveling.

Point is that the body could not have been there in that area decomposing for a long time without someone noticing it.

That's true. I wonder if the body was dumped the night before but why on the side of heavily traveled I20 and by a truck stop?. I am sure the median has been mowed before now also. just strange.

After reveiwing google maps and Bing maps. I noticed some work has been done in the area in question since the maps photos were taken.

I am wondering if it is possible that these remains were buried in the dirt as work was done and have been unearth for whatever reason.

You can see fresh dirt exposed in many of the maps photos at exit 242.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

New Details Released After Body Was Found on Interstate 20 in Sweetwater

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 4:58 PM CDT Updated: Jul 27, 2012 4:58 PM CDT

Staff Report
    NewsWest 9
    SWEETWATER - New details on the body found on Interstate 20 in Sweetwater on Thursday.
    The autopsy is complete but now the remains have been sent to Denton to help with identification.
    They're not releasing yet if it is a man or a woman or how they died.
    The body was found in the median of I-20 by TXDOT workers who were cleaning up the area.
    According to KTXS in Abilene, a mower ran over it.
    A TXDOT supervisor says it was mostly bones and what little clothing was there was ripped by the mower.
    A worker at the B-Line Sweetwater business, that's near where the body was found, told KTXS that he fears it may have been a man who parked his car near their shop, a couple of months ago, because he never returned.
    Last edited by cajun; 07-28-2012 at 12:55 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cajun For This Useful Post:

kai

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    After reveiwing google maps and Bing maps. I noticed some work has been done in the area in question since the maps photos were taken.

I am wondering if it is possible that these remains were buried in the dirt as work was done and have been unearth for whatever reason.

You can see fresh dirt exposed in many of the maps photos at exit 242.

from the looks of where the body was found, it doesn't look like any kind of construction has taken place in a long time.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cajun For This Useful Post:

An update tonight on the investigation of the body found in Sweetwater yesterday. Residents claim they saw authorities searching a vacant truck that belonged to a man often seen in the area. Folks in that area say they haven't seen that man in some time.

"We don't know where he's at, where he's been, and now with this body, we're just hoping it's not him," says Johnny De Los Santos, an employee at B-Line Lube.

However, speculation only increased when De Los Santos says authorities were out investigating the vehicle early this morning.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=518172

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

This probably isn't Hailey but I wonder if the person could have been hit by a car while crossing the highway and that's why they were on the median?

Remains Found Along I-20 in Sweetwater, TX
    Texas Department of Transportation workers found a dead body just inside Sweetwater in the median of Interstate 20.
    . . . The TX Dot employees were cleaning up after mowing along the interstate when they found the body at approximately mile marker 242, just east of the T-A Truck Stop and Dandy's Western Wear. Sweetwater Police, Texas DPS and the Nolan County Sheriff's Office are assisting.

Body Found in Nolan County
    Authorities do not know if the body was male or female, said Brian Frieda, police chief for the Sweetwater Police Department.
    "The body is in a severe state of decomposition, so being able to tell if the race or sex of the individual is not being able to be made at this time," said Frieda.
    The remains were sent to Lubbock for autopsy.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    from the looks of where the body was found, it doesn't look like any kind of construction has taken place in a long time.
    The man who's vehicle was left in the area seems like a good candidate for the remains. But why didn't anyone call that in to police? Seems like a lot of them knew his vehicle had been left untouched for a while?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    The man who's vehicle was left in the area seems like a good candidate for the remains. But why didn't anyone call that in to police? Seems like a lot of them knew his vehicle had been left untouched for a while?
    I can't believe a corpse laid out in the median on a busy interstate and by a truck stop and other businesses till it was just a pile of bones and no one noticed...boggles my mind. I guess people just don't want to get involved anymore. I know of no other reason.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to cajun For This Useful Post:

It is hard to believe cajun, plus you would think there would be an odor or vector activity, right?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bluenoser For This Useful Post:

HUH??? anybody want to take a shot at translating this???

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=525112

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Ok. I am game lets start with the title.

Hailey Dunn's Birthday Doesn't Change Anything For Lead Investigators

More of the same from them for the next year.

The next part seems to be saying she is still missing and her birthday isnt any reason to look. All the news stories are not helping.

To outsiders it is discouraging , I guess the insiders are not discouraged.

Kelsy says keeping the same mind set she had when Hailey first went missing is the key. ( horrid flashback to unprofessional dispatcher in their dept on anouther call) She also seems to be trying not to say anything yet let us know that the investigation is nothing but reflection as of now and Haileys birthday isnt going to push an effort from her. IMO...moo...

Maybe I should have let someone else do this because now I am po'ed.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Soul- all I want to scream is WHAT mindset? What key ? WHAT WHAT frame of mind- when ya gonna get fired up?
    Oh God, poor Hailey. The date of her birthday means nothing-SHE is still missing, isn't that what is important.

ARGH

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast