1192 users online (239 members and 953 guests)  

Websleuths News

'Chernobyl turned sweetcorn into M&Ms'

Slovakian farmers are blaming nuclear fallout from Chernobyl for turning their sweetcorn into "M&Ms".

Monika and Stefan Regec, from Gana, near Galanta, say their sweetcorn tastes of chocolate and has turned multi-coloured.

Stefan, 30, told Novy Cas: "We planted regular corn seed just to fill an empty patch in our little garden.

"We had no idea that when we harvested it and took off the leaves, pods of such bright and varied colours would be revealed."

Now the Regec's storeroom is full of red, brown, grey, blue and green corncobs. Others are pearly white, orange, and even black.

"When we cooked the brown corn the kids said it tasted like M&Ms. We made necklaces out of some of the pods as well," Monika Regec added.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1154704.html?menu=

The follow up story will be about the family sprouting extra appendages.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

Isn't that nuclear waste? Why are they eating that???? They're going to grow a second head and a few more arms - just like Lisa said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Isn't that nuclear waste? Why are they eating that???? They're going to grow a second head and a few more arms - just like Lisa said.
    I don't know Jeana, but I saw a documentary on this area and the women were cooking and checking all their vegtables with geiger counters to make sure the radaton was under acceptable levels... vegetables that were too high in radiation they gave to the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    I don't know Jeana, but I saw a documentary on this area and the women were cooking and checking all their vegtables with geiger counters to make sure the radaton was under acceptable levels... vegetables that were too high in radiation they gave to the animals
    So the animals will be sprouting extra appendages!
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

Quote Originally Posted by lisad71
    So the animals will be sprouting extra appendages!
    It's worse than that ~ these animals are cows and goats for milk and swine and lamb for meat