MO - Kindergartner brings Mom's crack pipe, drugs to show & tell

krimekat

Amazed and Baffled
Reaction score
Sweet Springs Elementary School officials contacted police on Sept. 6 about 8:30 a.m. Students had been asked to bring "pictures of their family for show and tell," according to court documents.

The teacher told police that the boy produced for his "show-and-tell" family items the pipe and "several baggies of crack rocks," according to court records. The rocks tested positive for methamphetamine. Altogether, the drugs totaled about an ounce and were worth about $3,700, officials said Monday.

The child's mother was charged with possession of a controlled substance and one count of first-degree child endangerment. Bond was set at $7,500 for 32-year-old Michelle Marie Cheatham.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15500499/...source=va&utm_medium=rec&utm_campaign=content

OMGosh! I think that tells you how much mommy smoked if this child considered it a part of the family.

Sheesh. I wonder what the teacher's initial reaction was and how she handled the situation. That's definitely something you don't learn how to deal with in college.

I am so sad for that child. Poor kid. I hope his mother can get her stuff together and get back on the right track.

It's sad but maybe now his Mom can get some help. I went through the same thing with my Granddaughter, her Mom's used for years. She was arrested with the fixings and couldn't get CPS to do anything. It took 2 expensive court cases to get my Granddaughter out of there. The Mom's spent most of the last 3 years in and out of jail.

With all of the awful threads I've read this week, I'm going to project an ending for this one: no

Mom forced to get help after child brings her pipe and crack to school for show and tell. It was a turning point, it was rock bottom forced to clean up her act. She realises her child saved her life. And they lived happily ever after

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

With all of the awful threads I've read this week, I'm going to project an ending for this one: no

Mom forced to get help after child brings her pipe and crack to school for show and tell. It was a turning point, it was rock bottom forced to clean up her act. She realises her child saved her life. And they lived happily ever after

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I hope and pray that you're right.. Only time will tell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncdukefan
Back