770 users online (134 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Jonah Shacknai Wants Investigation Reviewed

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-dea...ry?id=14562097

Sept. 20, 2011
    Jonah Shacknai, the California millionaire whose son died in an accident and whose long-time girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, died in a mysterious hanging, has asked the California attorney general to look into the investigation of their deaths.

Further investigation would be helpful in "bringing some clarity, dignity, and ultimately closure to the devastating deaths," Shacknai wrote in a letter sent to the attorney general Monday and obtained by ABC News.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

This was very good of him to do.

I am very happy to read this.
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

I am now convinced this is a must. Need more answers.

Prayers for all involved.

I dont blame him. He is being trashed everywhere.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Well that one is a shocker. I thought he was satisfied with the results. Sheriff even had a message from him on their website.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Well that one is a shocker. I thought he was satisfied with the results. Sheriff even had a message from him on their website.
    He may still be, but he may hope that it satifies the general public.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

Sept. 20, 2011
    Jonah Shacknai, the California millionaire whose son died in an accident and whose long-time girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, died in a mysterious hanging, has asked the California attorney general to look into the investigation of their deaths.

Further investigation would be helpful in "bringing some clarity, dignity, and ultimately closure to the devastating deaths," Shacknai wrote in a letter sent to the attorney general Monday and obtained by ABC News.
    I think it's really is really good of him to do that. I agree that both deaths should be investigated again, there are many unanswered questions not only in Rebecca's suicide, but also in Max's accident. Both families have suffered from the loss of their loved ones, I hope they can learn to work together to get the answers that they seek. The LE needs to listen to the victims families, I don't think both sides were given adequate explanations on how and why their loved ones died.

Finally. Thank you Jonah.

My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    It is nice of him to request it be re-opened, but color me a skeptic, I believe it will be on his terms. I would rather see an 'outside' investigative team be used, rather than the CA AG's office.

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I dont blame him. He is being trashed everywhere.
    I agree. If I were him and innocent, I'd ask for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
    It is nice of him to request it be re-opened, but color me a skeptic, I believe it will be on his terms. I would rather see an 'outside' investigative team be used, rather than the CA AG's office.
    I don't see any evidence that the CA AG's office is corrupt. It's possible they were star struck by a gazillionare, which happens a lot, but I don't yet see corruption, so as long as they are diligent and answer the public's questions, I will be satisfied.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Well, hmmm. I just read the letter from Shacknai. Reading between the lines, he is not really asking that the investigation be reopened. He is asking that LE's protocols and investigative techniques, their methods and conclusions, be evaluated. That is a little bit different.

For those who may feel he had something to do with it, his letter may seem quite self-serving. For those who don't, it may seem that, while he supports the findings, he wants their validity proven to a skeptical public.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyme & Reason View Post
    Here's the link Salem. Jonah has asked the California Attorney General to look into both deaths.

I read his letter to the AG. Using my lawyer hat, it does not appear that he is requesting that the case be reopened. It appears that he is requesting that their investigative protocols and resultant conclusions be evaluated. There is a difference.

He ends the letter stating that after such an evaluation, should the AG determine further investigation is needed, he would back that. But his letter does not demand that the cases be reopened. In fact, he is quite clear that he supports the findings.

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Well, hmmm. I just read the letter from Shacknai. Reading between the lines, he is not really asking that the investigation be reopened. He is asking that LE's protocols and investigative techniques, their methods and conclusions, be evaluated. That is a little bit different.

For those who may feel he had something to do with it, his letter may seem quite self-serving. For those who don't, it may seem that, while he supports the findings, he wants their validity proven to a skeptical public.

Yeah, color me skeptical. He probably had to do something, especially with word that he immediately deemed Rebecca's death a suicide and that he was then happy with an investigation with so many loopholes and unanswered questions.

In my opinion, Jonah never figured it would get this much media attention nor that the Zahau family would be able to muster the resources to mount any legal challenge. He thought it would just go away. I suspect this latest move is just for show more than anything. And, again, he hopes it will fade. I also suspect he has already talked with the SDSD about making this move to take heat off of all parties.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast