Jonah Shacknai Wants Investigation Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-de...etter-investigation-rebecca/story?id=14562097

Sept. 20, 2011
Jonah Shacknai, the California millionaire whose son died in an accident and whose long-time girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, died in a mysterious hanging, has asked the California attorney general to look into the investigation of their deaths.

Further investigation would be helpful in "bringing some clarity, dignity, and ultimately closure to the devastating deaths," Shacknai wrote in a letter sent to the attorney general Monday and obtained by ABC News.

I am now convinced this is a must. Need more answers.

Prayers for all involved.

I dont blame him. He is being trashed everywhere.

Well that one is a shocker. I thought he was satisfied with the results. Sheriff even had a message from him on their website.

Well that one is a shocker. I thought he was satisfied with the results. Sheriff even had a message from him on their website.

He may still be, but he may hope that it satifies the general public.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-de...etter-investigation-rebecca/story?id=14562097

Sept. 20, 2011
Jonah Shacknai, the California millionaire whose son died in an accident and whose long-time girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, died in a mysterious hanging, has asked the California attorney general to look into the investigation of their deaths.

Further investigation would be helpful in "bringing some clarity, dignity, and ultimately closure to the devastating deaths," Shacknai wrote in a letter sent to the attorney general Monday and obtained by ABC News.

I think it's really is really good of him to do that. I agree that both deaths should be investigated again, there are many unanswered questions not only in Rebecca's suicide, but also in Max's accident. Both families have suffered from the loss of their loved ones, I hope they can learn to work together to get the answers that they seek. The LE needs to listen to the victims families, I don't think both sides were given adequate explanations on how and why their loved ones died.

It is nice of him to request it be re-opened, but color me a skeptic, I believe it will be on his terms. I would rather see an 'outside' investigative team be used, rather than the CA AG's office.

I dont blame him. He is being trashed everywhere.

I agree. If I were him and innocent, I'd ask for the same thing.

It is nice of him to request it be re-opened, but color me a skeptic, I believe it will be on his terms. I would rather see an 'outside' investigative team be used, rather than the CA AG's office.

I don't see any evidence that the CA AG's office is corrupt. It's possible they were star struck by a gazillionare, which happens a lot, but I don't yet see corruption, so as long as they are diligent and answer the public's questions, I will be satisfied.

Well, hmmm. I just read the letter from Shacknai. Reading between the lines, he is not really asking that the investigation be reopened. He is asking that LE's protocols and investigative techniques, their methods and conclusions, be evaluated. That is a little bit different.

For those who may feel he had something to do with it, his letter may seem quite self-serving. For those who don't, it may seem that, while he supports the findings, he wants their validity proven to a skeptical public.

Here's the link Salem. Jonah has asked the California Attorney General to look into both deaths.

I read his letter to the AG. Using my lawyer hat, it does not appear that he is requesting that the case be reopened. It appears that he is requesting that their investigative protocols and resultant conclusions be evaluated. There is a difference.

He ends the letter stating that after such an evaluation, should the AG determine further investigation is needed, he would back that. But his letter does not demand that the cases be reopened. In fact, he is quite clear that he supports the findings.

Well, hmmm. I just read the letter from Shacknai. Reading between the lines, he is not really asking that the investigation be reopened. He is asking that LE's protocols and investigative techniques, their methods and conclusions, be evaluated. That is a little bit different.

For those who may feel he had something to do with it, his letter may seem quite self-serving. For those who don't, it may seem that, while he supports the findings, he wants their validity proven to a skeptical public.

Yeah, color me skeptical. He probably had to do something, especially with word that he immediately deemed Rebecca's death a suicide and that he was then happy with an investigation with so many loopholes and unanswered questions.

In my opinion, Jonah never figured it would get this much media attention nor that the Zahau family would be able to muster the resources to mount any legal challenge. He thought it would just go away. I suspect this latest move is just for show more than anything. And, again, he hopes it will fade. I also suspect he has already talked with the SDSD about making this move to take heat off of all parties.

I read his letter to the AG. Using my lawyer hat, it does not appear that he is requesting that the case be reopened. It appears that he is requesting that their investigative protocols and resultant conclusions be evaluated. There is a difference.

He ends the letter stating that after such an evaluation, should the AG determine further investigation is needed, he would back that. But his letter does not demand that the cases be reopened. In fact, he is quite clear that he supports the findings.

Thank you gitana1, I very much respect your insight and observations.

Yeah, color me skeptical. He probably had to do something, especially with word that he immediately deemed Rebecca's death a suicide and that he was then happy with an investigation with so many loopholes and unanswered questions.

In my opinion, Jonah never figured it would get this much media attention nor that the Zahau family would be able to muster the resources to mount any legal challenge. He thought it would just go away. I suspect this latest move is just for show more than anything. And, again, he hopes it will fade. I also suspect he has already talked with the SDSD about making this move to take heat off of all parties.

Quite possibly he had acquired the knowledge that many other letters from the general public were also being sent to the AG's office with the same request. JMO

Her family is not without resources. Her father was a big figure in Burmese politics, and their family members are working. They should easily be able to come up with funds to launch a private investigation. Like I've said before, they have hired Cyril Wecht, who does not come cheap. I think they were more about courting public opinion before going for a civil suit which would mean lots of money, but that's JUST MY OPINION.

What would be the difference between a case being re-opened and being re-evaluated? Would it be the difference between an entire new team looking into this?

What would be the difference between a case being re-opened and being re-evaluated? Would it be the difference between an entire new team looking into this?

My thinking is that he is requesting that someone evaluate the investigative processes that were utilized in this case, not to re-evaluate the information gleaned in the investigation itself. That's my interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member