751 users online (108 members and 643 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Addyson Camerino, 9 days, mauled to death, mom & grandpa charged, Aug 2011

Hi, I wasn't sure where this went, so I put it here as it was about a child, however, not sure of the intent here. Anyways, according to the link below, a 9 day old infant was found mauled to death by dogs.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...r-baby-is.html

Many times i've seen this scenario but I don't remember parents being charged most of the time...wonder why this was different?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Maybe because there were 5 dogs in the house, a roti and a pitbull for starters, and it appears that the infant was not being closely supervised.

Anyone who knows anything, and you really should when you have 5 of them, knows a pack of dogs can be dangerous, even if they are in your house.

My opinion only

OMG ! This is just HORRIBLE ! Why in the world would you leave a baby alone with 5 animals ...even 5 cats???? That's crazy! That poor child .
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

Being curious, I just goggled "baby killed by dogs" and you would be shocked at how often this happens. There were dozens and dozens of cases. Some of the babies were actually taken out of cribs and bassinets. Babies and dogs do not go together very well. A lot of the dogs involved in killing the babies were well loved family pets.

A special grand jury was called in to determine if charges would be filed in this particular case on this thread.

Being curious, I just goggled "baby killed by dogs" and you would be shocked at how often this happens. There were dozens and dozens of cases. Some of the babies were actually taken out of cribs and bassinets. Babies and dogs do not go together very well. A lot of the dogs involved in killing the babies were well loved family pets.

A special grand jury was called in to determine if charges would be filed in this particular case on this thread.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15366537/9...ear-wilmington

Picture of "mom" at link. IMO she doesn't look very sad. She does however look pretty mad.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

We had a German Shepherd and a Shi-Tzu when our first child was born. Everyone warned me about watching our Shepherd around the baby. But she ended up being like a second mother to him, always sleeping next to the crib, watching anyone who came near him, and sitting patiently when he crawled around nearby her on the rug. She loved him and seemed to adopt him like he was a puppy.

But the Shih-tzu, Daisy, she was downright jealous of the baby. She would growl under her breath when he toddled to close to her, and she glared at him when everyone doted and made a fuss over him. LOL I NEVER left them alone together. I think she felt displaced.

Leaving any child around a whole pack of dogs is criminal, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I love my dog. He's a pit bull/lab mix. Awesome breed. Wonderful animal. Plays in the yard with my older kids every day. Never, ever, not once has he shown any aggression toward the kids, other animals, or any of the kids when they were little. He has been around for two of my kids as newborns, and for two of the others during their toddler years. They have pulled his fur, his tail, his ears, stuck their hands in his mouth, slippe dhim table scraps, and used him as a jungle gym. He doesn't even growl, even when you can tell that one of them has hurt him. That said, he has never been alone with my kids. Not when they were babies and not now when they were toddlers. I love dogs, and I am am advocate for pit bulls...however, we must never, ever forget that dogs are animals, they are wild at heart. Some are concerned with nothing more than pleasing their people, others still have a little of the wild animal. Unsupervised children and dogs, even trusted dogs, don't mix.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

From January 2013:

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2013/01/23/fi...mauling-death/

After a week-long trial at the Bladen County Courthouse, Judge Ronal Stephens granted a mistrial after jurors could not reach a verdict after six hours of deliberations. Judge Stephens then granted a motion to dismiss all charges in the case. He said that even if jurors had reached a guilty verdict, he would have set aside that verdict and sent the case directly to the appellate court...

Prosecutors decided not to appeal the dismissal, which means this case is closed...

Prosecutors have also dropped involuntary manslaughter charges against Brigman’s father-in-law and co-defendant Nelson Camerino.