TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21 Thread #22

Thread #23 Thread #24

Thread #25 Thread #26

Thread #27 Thread #28

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

Just go to Zillow.com put in the Bobo's address and then towards the bottom is a map you can zoom in on.

Sorry, Whisperer, guess it doesn't come up searching on Zillow. Put in the Bobo's address on Google and the Zillow site will show up in the search. Then when you click on that link it will take you to Zillow. At the bottom of the page is the map you can zoom in on. I would put the link but are we not allowed to show addresses?

Also if you click on "see home on larger map" you will really be able to see the dirt road more clearly.

Thread #29 Round-Up
Missing in Tennessee

Shelly Mook.......204 days
Holly Bobo........160 days
Zaylee Fryar......144 days
Gail Palmgren....139 days

Sorry, Whisperer, guess it doesn't come up searching on Zillow. Put in the Bobo's address on Google and the Zillow site will show up in the search. Then when you click on that link it will take you to Zillow. At the bottom of the page is the map you can zoom in on. I would put the link but are we not allowed to show addresses?

Also if you click on "see home on larger map" you will really be able to see the dirt road more clearly.

You can try trulia also. And google earth.

Below, I've listed some examples of what I've learned, and examples below have no direct bearing on the Holly Bobo case, other than this: Fugitives can and do travel great distances.
Although Holly could be close, she could be far away, and any points in between. We have no further information from LE to assume that she was kept in the immediate area, or if she was, for how long. There is a paucity of info. released to the public from LE. Therefore, she could be anywhere, IMO.

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x670925474/Fugitive-Family-Nabbed/print

Valdosta police were among the law-enforcement agencies receiving phoned tips of the Doughertys being in Colorado. The VPD received tips reporting sightings of the siblings in Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, and even California during the past week.
-------------
They committed crimes in numerous states. They were buying camping equipment in CO. They stole cars. They stole license plates and switched them out. What I'm saying is that criminals will go extreme distances and use extreme measures.

Going back to the incident where the young man reported missing a day after Holly disappeared, then emerged a week later from the Smoky Mountains park saying he had been kidnapped by 3 people. In my mind, it's not unthinkable that he could have been accosted by a gang such as this, and his car stolen from a rest stop or camp area. The above gang did want to camp out to stay under the radar. The dates don't match up according to their final escape; however, they did have priors and could have been in other states before that, undetected.

Also, take for example, Joseph Duncan, who went on a long road trip, chose a family, ended up murdering the Groenes, kidnapping their children, camping out, sexually abusing their children, murdering one, and if not for the help of someone at a store, the little girl may also have ended up dead. There are many other examples, and I don't want to get into them now.

I just know someone is going to say: There's no evidence that she was taken out of TN. I will counter that with: There is no evidence that she was not.

I won't disagree. Of course she could be anywhere. Heck, even if the perp is a local, he could've taken her across State lines.

The problem with this case is we have nothing. Clearing the ones close to her would be a start. Regardless of how one feels about the Bobos, it does leave some scratching their heads when LE says CB or DS are not considered suspects and then after the searches were completed come out and say nobody has been ruled out. What changed? What happened?

Will we ever know the truth? Probably not. Just like so many other missing people unless someone stumbles upon the remains. It could be years before we will ever know if they are dead or still alive. If ever. Even when remains are found, some of these poor victims never get justice.

It's very sad.

In the meantime, wish we could get some information. Karen said she was going to get a video of the paraglider searches. I wonder if she did and if there was anything significant. Also, there will be a fundraiser in October. Karen said some of the money will go towards living expenses and the rest for searches. Will they finally hire a reputable SAR team with proper equipment? How about a PI? $100,000 reward is a lot of money!!!

I don't think the reward money, or at least most of it, is available to be spent on searches; the portion from the state ($50K?) is basically theoretical, unless someone finds her and comes forward to claim it.

I don't understand why a group such as Klaas Kids is not being used; Marc helps families who ask him, not just those missing young children. His group is the one behind the successful searches for Michelle Le. At least perhaps they or another such group would be able to clear the areas around the Bobo home once and for all (as far as is possible) so that other areas could be thoroughly searched.

I don't think the reward money, or at least most of it, is available to be spent on searches; the portion from the state ($50K?) is basically theoretical, unless someone finds her and comes forward to claim it.

I don't understand why a group such as Klaas Kids is not being used; Marc helps families who ask him, not just those missing young children. His group is the one behind the successful searches for Michelle Le. At least perhaps they or another such group would be able to clear the areas around the Bobo home once and for all (as far as is possible) so that other areas could be thoroughly searched.

If you were referring to my post about the reward money, I was thinking about a PI. Like someone posted earlier on, even if the Bobos can't afford a PI, $100,000 should be a great incentive for a PI to look for Holly. If he/she finds her, they get the reward.

If you were referring to my post about the reward money, I was thinking about a PI. Like someone posted earlier on, even if the Bobos can't afford a PI, $100,000 should be a great incentive for a PI to look for Holly. If he/she finds her, they get the reward.

But I don't think the State will employ a PI, not when they have entire departments who are supposed to be doing this, and the Bobos can't use that money, as far as I know.

But I don't think the State will employ a PI, not when they have entire departments who are supposed to be doing this, and the Bobos can't use that money, as far as I know.

The State wouldn't have to employ the PI. The PI would work independently and if he finds her is rewarded the money. The PI would be entitled to the reward just as anybody else is. KWIM?

!

Wow! Thanks Plumeria. So I was right about that logging rd...hmm. It goes to the pond and around their home, past the storage shed and my guess is straight to Swan Johnson Rd. Anyone familiar with property of Bobos would know that road, entrance and exit being the same.

So the perp didn't have to go very far into the woods, if at all, since that dirt road practically meets the storage shed. Great find..Plumeria. Willow shows us much better photography.

I won't disagree. Of course she could be anywhere. Heck, even if the perp is a local, he could've taken her across State lines.

The problem with this case is we have nothing. Clearing the ones close to her would be a start. Regardless of how one feels about the Bobos, it does leave some scratching their heads when LE says CB or DS are not considered suspects and then after the searches were completed come out and say nobody has been ruled out. What changed? What happened?

Will we ever know the truth? Probably not. Just like so many other missing people unless someone stumbles upon the remains. It could be years before we will ever know if they are dead or still alive. If ever. Even when remains are found, some of these poor victims never get justice.

It's very sad.

In the meantime, wish we could get some information. Karen said she was going to get a video of the paraglider searches. I wonder if she did and if there was anything significant. Also, there will be a fundraiser in October. Karen said some of the money will go towards living expenses and the rest for searches. Will they finally hire a reputable SAR team with proper equipment? How about a PI? $100,000 reward is a lot of money!!!

Exactly how much are their living expenses? Their house is not of high value. I think Karen can retire from the State and collect most of her income. She may be on some sort of disability which in most states pays 3/4 of your income and not taxed. Dana is working. I don't get it. I don't know about the rest of you think or feel, but it looks like they have received an awful lot of money.

Can someone please, pretty please post a pic from zillow showing the logging road that as some may remember I was literally dying to find more about..lol.. I am only via mobile these days due to virus ate my laptop.. And my iPhone as we all know is an apple product which stupidly is not compliant with Flash.. Which is what zillow uses :(..
Will someone please post me some picks of the logging road?? I'm desperate to see it.. Lol.. Pretty please with sugar on top!!

I wonder why no one spoke of that dirt road behind the house. So she could have been whisked away very quickly w/o being seen. The trees were thick once the road reaches the storage shed at the back of the house. No one would see the vehicle there.

!

Wow! Thanks Plumeria. So I was right about that logging rd...hmm. It goes to the pond and around their home, past the storage shed and my guess is straight to Swan Johnson Rd. Anyone familiar with property of Bobos would know that road, entrance and exit being the same.

So the perp didn't have to go very far into the woods, if at all, since that dirt road practically meets the storage shed. Great find..Plumeria. Willow shows us much better photography.

You're welcome, Whisperer. I was so surprised how clearly you could see that road. And, it made me think about why it would be possible that it looked like Holly was walking into the woods but the car/truck could have been parked just out of sight. I wish we knew when the scream happened. If she were in a car/truck/vehicle of some kind it is possible that the south neighbor could have heard when they were driving close to their house to Swan Johnson and that could have been why Clint didn't hear. But, it is all about the timing of when the scream was heard and when the calls were made.

Below, I've listed some examples of what I've learned, and examples below have no direct bearing on the Holly Bobo case, other than this: Fugitives can and do travel great distances.
Although Holly could be close, she could be far away, and any points in between. We have no further information from LE to assume that she was kept in the immediate area, or if she was, for how long. There is a paucity of info. released to the public from LE. Therefore, she could be anywhere, IMO.

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x670925474/Fugitive-Family-Nabbed/print

Valdosta police were among the law-enforcement agencies receiving phoned tips of the Doughertys being in Colorado. The VPD received tips reporting sightings of the siblings in Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, and even California during the past week.
-------------
They committed crimes in numerous states. They were buying camping equipment in CO. They stole cars. They stole license plates and switched them out. What I'm saying is that criminals will go extreme distances and use extreme measures.

Going back to the incident where the young man reported missing a day after Holly disappeared, then emerged a week later from the Smoky Mountains park saying he had been kidnapped by 3 people. In my mind, it's not unthinkable that he could have been accosted by a gang such as this, and his car stolen from a rest stop or camp area. The above gang did want to camp out to stay under the radar. The dates don't match up according to their final escape; however, they did have priors and could have been in other states before that, undetected.

Also, take for example, Joseph Duncan, who went on a long road trip, chose a family, ended up murdering the Groenes, kidnapping their children, camping out, sexually abusing their children, murdering one, and if not for the help of someone at a store, the little girl may also have ended up dead. There are many other examples, and I don't want to get into them now.

I just know someone is going to say: There's no evidence that she was taken out of TN. I will counter that with: There is no evidence that she was not.

I can agree with everything you said but might add, the young man admitted he lied about his abduction. He went to court last week after being charged with filing a false police report.

I still question what he was doing in the mountains so close to Tenn and exactly when was the last time he was seen. He was reported missing on the day after HB went missing. He was last seen around 10:45 but it doesn't say am or pm or on what date.

Something seems strange about the whole thing. Also, where is his car?

Anyone like FISH!

The State wouldn't have to employ the PI. The PI would work independently and if he finds her is rewarded the money. The PI would be entitled to the reward just as anybody else is. KWIM?

PI working Pro Bono.......

Can anyone post the pic on zillow for Smooth? I can't seem to find a way to do it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie