1217 users online (213 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NY - 8 children named Nephra Payne, Queens, 19 Sept 2011

The NYPD is searching for a mother accused of abducting her 8 children, all with the same first name.

The mother, identified as 28-year-old Shanel Nadal is accused of removing the children from Forestdale Child Agency in Queens. The mother is accused of removing the children Monday night without permission. All the children are named Nephra Payne.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8361876

Believed to be in the company of the biological father. And guess what his name is?....................... Nephra Payne

Mom allegedly took one of the children out of state in May or June without permission.

NY - 8 children named Nephra Payne, Queens, 19 Sept 2011

The NYPD is searching for a mother accused of abducting her 8 children, all with the same first name.

The mother, identified as 28-year-old Shanel Nadal is accused of removing the children from Forestdale Child Agency in Queens. The mother is accused of removing the children Monday night without permission. All the children are named Nephra Payne.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8361876
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 09-27-2011 at 06:25 AM.

That has to be one of the strangest stories. The full names of the children:

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110920/harl...om-foster-care

It worries me that this man is on some serious power trip being that each child is named after him. The baby's name is slightly different and she might be the only girl. He's surely ticked off that someone saw fit to remove them from the home. My thoughts are with those little ones. They must be so confused. I would think that motorists might notice the vehicle stuffed with little children.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    That has to be one of the strangest stories. The full names of the children:

http://www.dnainfo.com/20110920/harl...om-foster-care

It worries me that this man is on some serious power trip being that each child is named after him. He's surely ticked off that someone saw fit to remove them from the home. My thoughts are with those little ones. They must be so confused.
    I'm not usually a big pre-judger but already that is sounding like a creepy dude, reminds me of a "I'm gonna start a cult" type.

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    They're such beautiful children I'm hoping they're okay. Maybe her family is helping her hide?

Just an aside, but I'm a lab tech and we also had a family where all FOUR children and their father were named 'chris'. I asked the mother why (and in a clinic it is so annoying to have patients with the same name, never mind the same address etc). The mother said that her children are an 'extension' or product of their father (??). It was to honour him. IMO the children were viewed as property, not as individuals. Most blank, sparkless children I've ever seen.

I hope that this isn't the same case for these children. I hope they're returned safely.

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    I'm not usually a big pre-judger but already that is sounding like a creepy dude, reminds me of a "I'm gonna start a cult" type.
    I hate to say it, but that is exactly what I was thinking.

The name thing indicates to me that there is more under the surface and I am worried about these children. Something just tells me that these parents could easily end up desperate and do something.....

prayers.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

I'm interested to know what religion/heritage this father embraces. There are many cultures where each of the children bear part of the father's name. I guess I'm trying hard to keep an open mind. After all, my thirteen children bear their father's last name.

But this is a stretch. I think we probably have an unbalanced man on our hands and a woman who is willing to do his bidding.

One Girl and Seven Boys Named ‘Nephra Payne’ Abducted from Foster Care

http://gawker.com/5842348/one-girl-a...om-foster-care

BY MAX READ SEP 20, 2011 11:21 PM

<snipped>
    As it turns out, yes: Only seven of the abducted kids are named Nephra Payne (each has his own middle name). The eighth—the youngest, and the only girl—is named Nefertiti.

Endangered Missing: NEPHRA PAYNE (NY)

NEPHRA PAYNE, Age Now: 4, Missing: 09/19/2011. Missing From FOREST HILLS, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: New York City Police Department (New York) 1-718-520-9254.

More...

NEPHRA PAYNE, Age Now: 5, Missing: 09/19/2011. Missing From FOREST HILLS, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: New York City Police Department (New York) 1-718-520-9254.

More...

NEPHRA PAYNE, Age Now: 6, Missing: 09/19/2011. Missing From FOREST HILLS, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: New York City Police Department (New York) 1-718-520-9254.

More...

NEPHRA PAYNE, Age Now: 6, Missing: 09/19/2011. Missing From FOREST HILLS, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: New York City Police Department (New York) 1-718-520-9254.

More...

NEPHRA PAYNE, Age Now: 10, Missing: 09/19/2011. Missing From FOREST HILLS, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: New York City Police Department (New York) 1-718-520-9254.

More...

Endangered Missing: NEFERTITI PAYNE (NY)

NEFERTITI PAYNE, Age Now: 11 Month(s), Missing: 09/19/2011. Missing From FOREST HILLS, NY. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: New York City Police Department (New York) 1-718-520-9254.

More...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast