Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
7/11/11 - Monday
10:00 am Max falls, Rebecca finds him not breathing and with no pulse. He is reported to have said “ocean” before becoming unresponsive. Rebecca was in first floor powder room, XZ was taking a shower.

10:10 am XZ calls 911 but is confused about address. Rebecca began CPR.

10:12 am COPD officer Erhard arrives on scene, gives correct address to dispatch. He reports finding Max at the base of the stairs with his feet facing the wall, head toward the door, with the chandelier near his left shoulder and a Razor type scooter with the rear wheel and rear 1/3 of the foot plate across his right shin. The paramedics continued CPR and administered cardiotonic medications. During a second round of epinephrine Max had a spontaneous return of circulation. Estimated duration of CPR was 25-30 minutes.

JS at gym, he follows ambulance to hospital

10:36 am Max arrives at Sharp Coronado. A head CT demonstrated cerebral edema, “rotational artifact” and a possible C5 abnormality. He had nonreactive pupils upon admission and decorticated posturing. Max is transferred to Rady Children’s (3020 Children’s Way, San Diego CA, [11.8 miles or 17 minutes from 1043 Ocean Dr., Coronado CA]) by the Emergency Transport Pediatric Team.

Rebecca and XZ go clinic for stitches from cleaning up chandelier.

2:00 pm DS learns of fall, goes to hospital

4:00 pm Rebecca calls TG about boarding Ocean.

Early evening JS returns home to shower and pack some clothes.

7/12 - Tuesday
1:55 am JS returns to find that the Ronald McDonald House (2929 Children’s Way, San Diego, CA) is full, so gets room at the Homestead Inn (7444 Mission Valley Road, San Diego [3.1 miles or 7 minutes from Rady]).

5:30 to 6:00 am JS returns to hospital, DS is there when he arrives. DS leaves to go to Coronado to get some sleep.

7:30 am TG meets Rebecca at the house to pick up Ocean and sees a young, dark haired woman driving a white sedan there as he was leaving with the dog.

Rebecca picks up NR from airport. Time unknown. (San Diego Airport, 3225 North Harbor Dr, San Diego. [8.8 miles or 18 minutes from 1043 Ocean Dr, Coronado, CA])

4:50 pm Rebecca calls JS cell, 1 min.

6:00 pm DS returns to hospital.

7:09 pm Rebecca gets call from Coronado Bay Urgent Care re: XZ stitch removal. 1 min.

Rebecca takes XZ to the airport, picks up AS. Time unknown.

7:34 pm Outgoing call to JS cell, 1 minute

7:39 pm Incoming call from AS cell, 1 minute

Rebecca and AS go to hospital to pick up JS and Howard, a friend.
Take Howard to the airport and then to eat some dinner.

8:00 pm JS returned to hospital, DS was still there.

8:00 pm Rebecca and AS return to Coronado. Rebecca last seen by AS.

8:06 pm Outgoing call to MZL cell, 27 minutes,

8:33 pm Incoming call from MZL cell, 3 minutes

9:25 pm Outgoing call to MZL cell, 1 minute

9:44 pm Incoming text from MZL

9:48 pm Outgoing text to MZL

9:52 pm Incoming text MZL cell

9:53 pm Incoming text from MZL

9:53 pm Outgoing text to MZL

10:41 pm Incoming text from NR cell

7/13/11 - Wednesday
12:50 am Outgoing to Rebecca’s voice mail, 2 minutes.

1:00 am JS leaves hospital to spend the night at Ronald McDonald House. DS remained at hospital.

1:00 – 1:30 am Loud music reported at the mansion.

6:30 am AS exits guest quarters for coffee, finds Rebecca hanging. AS moves the table and gets knife to cut her down.

6:48 am JS receives text from AS that Rebecca had hung herself.

6:48 am AS calls 911 and is instructed by them to remove the blue cloth from her mouth.

6:54 am EMT’s arrive, pronounce Rebecca deceased and no attempts of resuscitation were made.

Coronado PD Detectives were summoned and they requested San Diego Sheriffs Dept handle the investigation. They report seeing the rope hanging from the balcony.

7:00 am JS returns to hospital, DS still there. Tells her (she received a call) that Rebecca hung herself.

8:39 am Homicide briefing at SDSO by Sgt. Nemeth.

8:50 am Sgt. Nemeth requested homicide unit and crime lab.

9:20 am Detectives Tsuida arrives, is briefed in driveway by COPD Sgt. McKay, supervisor on scene.

12:00 noon Rebecca’s family notified of death

AS interviewed and polygraphed, results inconclusive.

7:18 pm Dr. Lucas and Investigator Gary from ME office arrive to conduct preliminary exam of body.

8:00 pm rigor mortis was marked in the upper and lower extremities, neck and jaw. Livor mortis was posterior, red and fixed. Both rigor and livor mortis were appropriate for the decedent’s position. There was cutis anserine of the legs. There was skin slip with pressure on the lower left eyelid. The bedroom was not examined because it had not been processed by SDSO yet.

8:17 pm Rebecca’s was transported to the Medical Examiner’s office.

9:00 pm Dr. Lucas departs scene.

7/14/2011 – Thursday
Young, dark haired woman in black sedan videotaped by news crew outside JS’s AZ home.

Rebecca’s autopsy performed

7/15/2011 – Friday
11:58 pm Max is pronounced brain dead

7/16/2011 – Saturday
11:30 am Brain death confirmed

Source documents:
Rebecca Zahau Autopsy Report
Max Shacknai Autopsy Report
Shacknai/Zahau Search Warrants
Rebecca Zahau cell phone records
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15485069/records-reveal-final-cell-phone-calls-to-rebecca-zahau
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/19/ijvm.01.html

Who is this young dark haired woman that was seen by both the dog boarder when he picked up Ocean?? He saw her arrive driving a white sedan??

And then she is seen and caught on video/image of young dark haired woman in black sedan at the JS mansion on 7/14

I keep hearing on the news that JS was at his son's side at the time of RZ's death, but he was not actually at the hospital from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. on July 13th. He was at the RMD House according to LE.

Yes, indeed Curious me you are correct!! It has been repeatedly reported that both Dina and Jonah were at the hospital at their son's side at the time of Rebecca's death.. And the warrants blow that out of the water stating that at or about 1:00am Jonah leaves the hospital( literally 10 mins from the time the msg was supposedly heard by Rebecca with devastating news that caused her to kill herself ) and he does not return until after 7am.. AFTER Rebecca's body had been discovered..

9:44 pm Incoming text from MZL

9:48 pm Outgoing text to MZL

9:52 pm Incoming text MZL cell

9:53 pm Incoming text from MZL

9:53 pm Outgoing text to MZL

10:41 pm Incoming text from NR cell

Interesting she was talking back and forth with her sister but didn't answer NR's text (but yet she picked her up from the airport earlier without a problem).

The police found a towel was found on the hallway floor, the shower was wet. I'm wondering if Rebecca was in the shower when that text came thru, hence why she didn't respond.
Was Rz then confronted on her way out of the shower by the murderer, whomever that may be...

I wonder of NR, AS, JS phone records were also suponeaded? If they could be added to this timeline we'd have a better picture of recreating Rebeccas last nite alive.

Very interesting, thank you.

Since she died hanging, I would have thought livor mortis would have been in her legs. How soon does livor mortis begin after death?

The things that stuck out the most to me:
1) On the 11th, JS went home in the "early evening" to shower, eat and pack some clothes. He did not return until 1:55 am on the 12th when he checked into the Homestead Inn because RMD was full. That was a long time. Surely he was tired after that long day and would have liked to go to sleep. I would have slept in my bed and gone to the hospital earlier in the morning, rather than go get a hotel room.....but that is just me. I really would have liked to be a fly on the wall for the conversations they had. Ocean was still there, TG couldn't take him until the next morning. XZ was still there. AS wouldn't arrive until the following day. JS wouldn't sleep in the house, but DS returned to Coronado on the 12th to sleep for several hours. 12 hours if the SW are correct. Which would put her blocks away when TG was there to pick up Ocean.

2) Who the heck was Howard, the friend, and why did Rebecca need to immediately turn around and drive him to the hospital, when she had just left there dropping off XZ and picking up AS? She seemed to be a taxi service in those last days. By my count, Rebecca made at least three trips to the airport on the 12th, 18 mins from the house, one way. Which leads me into...

3) No time is given for when she dropped off XZ and picked up AS, but the outgoing call to JS cell at 7:34 pm for 1 minute and the incoming call from AS cell at 7:39 pm for 1 min. make me think of "he is here" kind of phone calls. She then drove to the hospital (16 mins) and supposedly picked up JS and Howard, went BACK to the airport, and then they went out to dinner. Rebecca and AS were allegedly back at the mansion by 8:00. Well, I don't know about you fellow sleuthers, but those times do not add up to me. I understand I'm basing the entire premise upon the idea that the call from AS cell established the time he arrived at the airport, but why else would he call her cell phone? They should have been together, she was his ride. If that is true, and taking Howard to the airport was true, there is NO WAY they had time to eat anything, including a MacDonalds hamburger from the drivethru and get back to the mansion by 8:00 pm.

No way the 7:39 pm call from AS would be about airport pick up. Much too late for them to go out to dinner and then be back at the mansion by 8 pm. It had to be about something else. During the press conference, it was clearly stated RN was not able to see Max at the hospital. Maybe AS went in to see Max, while RN waited outside/somewhere else and then called RN to pick him up from the hospital?

Brilliant Iwannaknow!!! Thank you for all the hard work!!!!:seeya:

No way the 7:39 pm call from AS would be about airport pick up. Much too late for them to go out to dinner and then be back at the mansion by 8 pm. It had to be about something else. During the press conference, it was clearly stated RN was not able to see Max at the hospital. Maybe AS went in to see Max, while RN waited outside/somewhere else and then called RN to pick him up from the hospital?

I'm with you 110% on the timing being no good, but what do you think the preceeding call to JS was about? "Are you done, I'm waiting"? And then AS texts "meet me at the ______ entrance"? Possible. She could have picked him up much earlier and dropped him off at the hospital, but that isn't the way it is stated in any of the documents. The SW's plainly state that they picked Howard up and took him to the airport, so that was 18 minutes right there. What were those 1 minute calls about?

It appears to me that the only significant conversation Rebecca and JS had was on the evening of the 11th. Everything else seems to be one minute calls on the cell.

I'm with you 110% on the timing being no good, but what do you think the preceeding call to JS was about? "Are you done, I'm waiting"? And then AS texts "meet me at the ______ entrance"? Possible. She could have picked him up much earlier and dropped him off at the hospital, but that isn't the way it is stated in any of the documents. The SW's plainly state that they picked Howard up and took him to the airport, so that was 18 minutes right there. What were those 1 minute calls about?

It appears to me that the only significant conversation Rebecca and JS had was on the evening of the 11th. Everything else seems to be one minute calls on the cell.

Add to that that the message that supposedly led her to suicide wasn't even person to person conversation. It went to her voicemail. And she only checked her voicemail for 2 minutes, so it doesn't look like that message would have been long.

Add to that that the message that supposedly led her to suicide wasn't even person to person conversation. It went to her voicemail. And she only checked her voicemail for 2 minutes, so it doesn't look like that message would have been long.

Yeah, like she might have read it twice and started running around gathering equipment? Not likely IMO.

The loud music from 1-1:30 a.m. stuck out to me. Loud music would be a great way to cover up any screams or arguing.

When the person you are calling doesn't answer, it shows by default as a 1 minute call. In other words, RZ kept trying to reach JS and he wasn't picking up.

Thanks to all of you for your hard work on the timeline. It's really informative and raises a lot of questions.

Did Jonah have other significant contact with Rebecca. We learned earlier that calls from the room would be ok. Not that he would want to do that, but if Dina wasn't there, why not? They didn't seem to be sitting vigil together but alternately for the most part.

Yeah, and who is Howard? I don't understand why a 'friend' would fly in, Rebecca taxied him around and he went to the hospital to visit. There is a Howard who is Executive Director, Dermatology Franchise at Medicis and an attorney named Howard who has represented the company.

I hope they investigated everyone's cells including DS, AS, and NR. http://www.linkedin.com/company/medicis?trk=ppro_cprof

Yes, indeed Curious me you are correct!! It has been repeatedly reported that both Dina and Jonah were at the hospital at their son's side at the time of Rebecca's death.. And the warrants blow that out of the water stating that at or about 1:00am Jonah leaves the hospital( literally 10 mins from the time the msg was supposedly heard by Rebecca with devastating news that caused her to kill herself ) and he does not return until after 7am.. AFTER Rebecca's body had been discovered..

Didn't LE actually even say this? Or were they cagey and said they were at the hospital when she was found?

Anyone know if they checked out surveillance tapes at Ronald McDonald House and the hotel the night before? I don't quite get staying both nights as these places are only 21 and 17 minutes from Jonah's mansion. Seems it would take longer to get situated in a hotel and so forth, let alone eat out instead of in, and better rest. Dina went home an entire 12 hours on the second day

BBM
When the person you are calling doesn't answer, it shows by default as a 1 minute call. In other words, RZ kept trying to reach JS and he wasn't picking up.

Yeah, I know. How crushing that had to have been. Their only real contact was the night of the 11th, and JS leaves in the middle of the night to go to a hotel, then won't answer any of her phone calls. I still debate whether they actually had time to eat anything unless they drove thru and ate it in the car. Doesn't really seem his style.

BBM

Yeah, I know. How crushing that had to have been. Their only real contact was the night of the 11th, and JS leaves in the middle of the night to go to a hotel, then won't answer any of her phone calls. I still debate whether they actually had time to eat anything unless they drove thru and ate it in the car. Doesn't really seem his style.

Yeah if it were me I'd very much prefer to be told the truth & told to leave, etc..than have my partner continue to ignore my calls.

1. If it is true that JS called RN on Wed @ 1230 am regarding MS taking turn for worse, then why did he return to McD House to sleep, rather than be at his sons bedside? Did he call his brother, father, NR, etc. with the news. Is this medical news true? Is there really a phone call/text from him to RN documeted on his phone records? --- If so, we will never know the true conversation.

2. Who is Howard????? Is it confirmed that he actually boarded a plane that night or did he stay in town? I heard he got JS a rental car???? We need to know more about this guy!!!!

3. Why would you text your brother that his girlfrined committed suicide, rather than calling him? Then why would AS go to hospital, rather than rushing to his home? Seems heartless towards RN and must not be close to his brother....or something else. Maybe he wanted people to think he didn't have a car and couldn't get there? Lame. #2 may be very telling that the brothers already knew what happened.

4. Was this crime suppose to occur Monday night, but the dog was home and sister still there, so delayed till next night. Why did DS and JS both go home Monday night, but not Tuesday night???????5. What items did RN and sister shop for - magazines/candy for flight, items for JS or DS, or any items found at crime scene?

6. Why was JS not returning calls to RN or texting , calling her that evening,....then suddenly calls at MN.
Why stay at McD, rather than going home to shower, rest for a bit since its only a 15-20 min drive?

7. Are there surveillance cameras at McD place? Could he have driven a rental car and police not see him on bridge? Or could he have driven a rental car to waterfront, then taken a boat to C.I., does he or DS own a boat?

8. Doesn't look like RN visited MS at ICU. Doesn't look like the 3 had dinner togather, unless at hospital.

9. NR and Howard cell phone records need to be checked out.

10. Photo of DS and JS kids shows MS with black body paint- is this the same paint at crime scene?

11. What does AS think about interaction between AS /RN? Were they talking, why didn't JS answer his phone? did JS break up with her, come home and fight leading to music turned on to muffle sound.

12. Why did RN set up appt for sister at clinic for suture removal on Wednesday, then drop her at airport on Tuesday night? Was JS angry about RN scheduling her sister for clinic follow up visit on Wednesday? When was RN sister flight booked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk