IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

Very quiet here today.

So, I wonder if CS is following the Michelle Le case.

Sad news, yet closure for ML's parents.

I found this post on her "located" thread interesting.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Kaiser Hospital, 27 May 2011 - Nursing Student - #2

Would like to hear the thoughts of those following the LS case, especially from those of you who have participated in searches.

TIA.

I read that. It's distressing because it's possible something similar could be happening here. I participated in one group search (and that was enough). I then went out on my own several times. I'll try to share my thoughts in the next day or so.

Very quiet here today.

So, I wonder if CS is following the Michelle Le case.

Sad news, yet closure for ML's parents.

I found this post on her "located" thread interesting.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CA - Michelle Hoang Thi Le, 26, Kaiser Hospital, 27 May 2011 - Nursing Student - #2

Would like to hear the thoughts of those following the LS case, especially from those of you who have participated in searches.

TIA.

I'm sad for them but glad they have closure.

I've never been on a search (would for LS if I still lived in the Midwest), but the thing that got me about the post was the discussion of "pings" and the cell tower. As of late, I've had a bit of trouble following what's "known" about LS' case. I've heard of a ping near Martinsville, where there's a cell tower, and I can't help wonder if that area has been thoroughly searched. It's on the way to not only MI but Indy, which might suit both an MPOI or a random abduction.

I also wonder how common (uncommon?) it is for a body to be relocated. I have a hard time imagining someone doing that. But there was a case in northern MI at about the same time LS disappeared where that did happen. The suspect confessed after questioning and lead LE to the body, which he'd moved from a shed to a pile of road sand by Public Works. Both the shed and sand were in town, which makes me wonder how he did that undetected (in the dark, I'm sure, but he was a suspect from the start, with plans to meet the victim before she disappeared).

In terms of a POI in LS' case, relocating the body seems unlikely. But if all the attention was focused on the PsoI, maybe a MPOI ... or even the random stranger I don't often consider ... could have done that.

I read that. It's distressing because it's possible something similar could be happening here. I participated in one group search (and that was enough). I then went out on my own several times. I'll try to share my thoughts in the next day or so.

The one fact that keeps me from believing this is the involvement of CS/RS and their support of LE.... I do believe that LE and CS/RS know things that they aren't sharing -- although I have to believe that they do NOT know where LS is....

Plz do Jupiter-i always look forward to what u have to say!
Im out of fresh ideas and i do hope we hear something soon. I cant be the only one whose frustration is growing daily!
I wish i was going to the concert so i could show my support

From Post 799, Thread 24 "Tugela" Re: Cadaver Dogs picking up scent right after death...

A trained human cadaver dog will not signal a living person or an animal (except pigs), but it will signal a recently deceased, putrefying or skeletonised human corpse. That suggests that the "bouquet of death" is discernible, but attempts to identify it have so far failed. Two of the by-products of decomposition, putrescine and cadaverine, have been bottled and are commercially available as dog training aids. But they are also present in all decaying organic material, and in human saliva.

http://www.biologycorner.com/anatomy/senses/crimedogs.html

I've never been part of a search before, I think it must be quite a surreal experience. Please let them find Lauren

The one fact that keeps me from believing this is the involvement of CS/RS and their support of LE.... I do believe that LE and CS/RS know things that they aren't sharing -- although I have to believe that they do NOT know where LS is....

I agree. But BPD are so tight-lipped that even police officers not assigned to this case don't know anything. I understand the need for this, because officers go home and talk to their wives or husbands and they in turn, talk to their sister-in-law, and she tells a friend. Only problem is this approach didn't work last time with Jill. And who knows what the situation is with Crystal Grubb. :(

Sometimes I wonder if their secrecy isn't somewhat due to inexperience. But apparently they are receiving the nod from FBI every step of the way.

I love it... they're getting more and more specific in their disbelief...

re CR “It’s very convenient to have memory loss in connection with an event like this,” RS said.

A terrific article!

... it will signal a recently deceased, putrefying or skeletonised human corpse

Of course, the question is what "recently" means. You are assuming that a scent is discernible immediately after death. I believe that is incorrect. Regardless, the use of such dogs is not lost on LE, and they surely have already done whatever they can with the resources available to them.

I confess I'm a little lost on the import of specifically questioning CR's memory loss. That she couldn't have carried him - well, of course. Does this imply that he carried her? That's been my assumption with respect to the gravel lot. Maybe he dropped her (perhaps causing injuries that did not reveal themselves until later)? Or do they think he intentionally did something to LS after 2:51 (and same thing)? So why do MB and JR shut up too? Because they don't know what CR did and are also at a loss?

Or is there a broader purpose to questioning the memory loss? I would think that it can't relate to identifying JR's guest - wouldn't CR know that from earlier? Does it imply that he was involved in or knows about what someone else or the three of them did at 5 North after 3AM?

As a follow-up: if CR dropped LS, and JR is clueless, that fails to explain how she disappeared. So I still think that pointing to CR's memory loss points to something that involves others as well.

Not that the family necessarily has a theory here - they suggest they don't, or are not committed to one.

What this does suggest, perhaps, is that CR may not have "passed" a poly (taken by whom?) or only answered a limited, unsatisfactory set of questions.

A very good article in today's IDS, "The need to know and our obligation" http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=82990.

It includes a number of direct quotes from CS and RS.

I hope all the love, energy and support of tonight's gathering shines a light and pokes a hole through the darkness.

Very good article.

Personally I don't buy this "memory loss" bull. I ride horses, I fall off / get thrown off on quite a regular basis, well not so often now, but I'm riding young thoroughbreds, some of them are a bit temperamental and very excited ;), I've fallen head first to the ground from a gallop, yes, I do wear safety helmets, but still. I don't see how you can just suddenly develop full memory loss. I was also in a car accident where the car rolled about 4/5 times and I was thrown out the back window - no memory loss there either - even though my head was bleeding, etc - that accident was about 15 years ago, I remember it like yesterday. And I remember every fall I've had off every horse I've ever ridden, I'm a little disorientated after a fall but that's it. He must've been punched in the face with a brick to not remember something.:banghead:

Very good article.

Personally I don't buy this "memory loss" bull. I ride horses, I fall off on quite a regular basis, well not so often now, but I'm riding young thoroughbreds, I've falled head first to the ground from a gallop, yes, I do wear safety helmets, but still. I don't see how you can just suddenly develop full memory loss. I was also in a car accident where the car rolled about 4/5 times and I went out the back window - no memory loss there either - even though my head was bleeding, etc - that accident was about 15 years ago, I remember it like yesterday. And I remember every fall I've had off every horse I've ever ridden. He must've been punched in the face with a brick to not remember something.:banghead:

And this comment reminds me of what may be the actual import - to further introduce the notion of xanax (the cause of the memory loss) into the conversation.

And this comment reminds me of what may be the actual import - to further introduce the notion of xanax (the cause of the memory loss) into the conversation.

But what confirmation do you have that xanax was used?

I use sleeping tablets and anti-anxiety medication - not too long ago I'd be having a few drinks and then take them. I've never had complete memory loss, you don't just black out and forget everything. Somewhere, something must trigger.

I do think it's important to note that this is a commentary piece written by someone who appears to be a student but does not otherwise write for IDS (someone correct me if I'm wrong [edit: I was. See next page.]). While the piece may have been written with the knowledge/cooperation of the family, who may have even placed it there for a purpose, there's also a possibility that the author might be acting on her own and have misunderstood the focus of (or even misquoted) the comments, or placed them out of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital