Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    The Google camera lens makes the distance between WH and the corner look farther than it really is. Parts of this video by CJ are good (the linear video as opposed to audio) and the location in question starts at 0:40. The perspective is from the parking lot.

Lauren Spierer abduction theory - YouTube
    The only thing that I got from that video is "that I too can lose 28 pounds of fat and keep it off" and that CJ is a hard rock fan(ends video right before "Welcome to the Jungle"). Turn the radio off!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris007 View Post
    Does anyone think the BPD didn't want to share info because they might be embarrassed by how little of evidence they have. Seems with Police man it is an ego thing. Everyone wants to find her but they all want to be the hero & want to do it without asking for help.
    Maybe they didn't trust Dietl to be discrete.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Walker For This Useful Post:

Yeah I definitely don't blame LE for not opening up all the case files for a random out-of-state investigator who has etiquette issues. I do go back and forth on whether I think LE has a strong inkling of what happened, but just cannot prove it, or if they have absolutely zilch nothing.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Maybe they didn't trust Dietl to be discrete.
    That seems reasonable...
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/27...indiana-deaths

Family Members Suspect Drugs Were Involved in 5 Rural Indiana Deaths

Laurel is about 100 miles driving distance from Bloomington.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Walker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    The Google camera lens makes the distance between WH and the corner look farther than it really is. Parts of this video by CJ are good (the linear video as opposed to audio) and the location in question starts at 0:40. The perspective is from the parking lot.

Lauren Spierer abduction theory - YouTube
    The video was removed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Walker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloom54 View Post
    Probably so... but that's hard to do after you've "come out" on TV as being able to tape without someone's knowledge.

And really... perhaps they've already done that... because, let's be honest, PI isn't going to share any info with us either!
    I'm not sure I agree that it would be hard to do now that BD has said something on TV. I don't think HT would think about a recording device when receiving the attention of an attractive guy.

BD did say that he and his people have uncovered a lot of info. I hope they share it with GP before the Indiana AG kicks them out of the state for being unlicensed!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen101 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    "Cut their losses" is the wrong term. I'd say it's more about finding a balance between still searching for their daughter and reconnecting with their former life, friends, and family as much as possible.
    The Spierer's seem to be a pretty grounded couple... I trust that they will be able to make the decision when it's time to change their focus. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they become advocates for Lauren in other ways... rather like the Adam Walsh story.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    Yeah I definitely don't blame LE for not opening up all the case files for a random out-of-state investigator who has etiquette issues. I do go back and forth on whether I think LE has a strong inkling of what happened, but just cannot prove it, or if they have absolutely zilch nothing.
    On principle, I'd have a hard time sharing if I was BPD. But I do hope they have something to share.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

The video was removed.
    Doesn't suprise me...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Missing Budweiser For This Useful Post:

whats the deal with CJ? is she for real?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alliecog For This Useful Post:

Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris007 View Post
    Does anyone think the BPD didn't want to share info because they might be embarrassed by how little of evidence they have. Seems with Police man it is an ego thing. Everyone wants to find her but they all want to be the hero & want to do it without asking for help.
    I've said this since the beginning. No LE agency wants to admit that they are in over their heads. Had the FBI been called in eaarlier, who knows where we would be. We are talking about a town FULL OF VIDEO CAMERAS ON STREETS, IN ALLEYS, IN STORES AND A GIRL JUST VANISHES INTO THE DARKNESSS OF NIGHT? Crimes are solved with one camera sighting but in this town, you couldn't get a cup of coffee at the WH without a camera spotting you, or walk through an alley, or leave your apartment, or drink at a bar...

Angry? If I were the Spierers I would be ANGRY. 10 POIs walking, talking, hanging out as if there is nothing in the world for them to worry about. I suppose if the case stays with the Bton PD, they're safe.

If they continue to let the powers that be manage the investigation of their missing daughter, they are no further along than they were when JW called them on June 3 and told them that their daughter was "missing."

There's drugs, out of state friends, people coming and going home for the summer - what is it that they need to turn this investigation over to the FBI. The fact that they're still "asking" for videotapes from businesses makes me physically ill. You GET 50 SEARCH WARRANTS FOR EVERY CAMERA IN THAT TOWN THAT MIGHT GIVE US A CLUE WHO TOOK LAUREN. You don't ask kindly, you bust the gd doors down. Just like at Smallwood. If you don't comply, we will come after YOU. This is a LIFE, a CHILD whose parents love her more than life, who will never stop looking, whose lives have been changed forever and yet you fail to use the EVERY SINGLE RESOURCE that the federal government gives you to FIND HER.

This happened in the Stacy Peterson case here in the Chicago burbs. At first, the Bolingbrook PD was investigating the case. The #1 suspect was the spouse, a veteran of the Bolingbrook PD.

I'm not trying to make any connections here, just pointing out the obvious.

How long is it going to take the Bton LE to say, this is too big for us. Bring in the Feds. The Spierers have that right, they deserve that right, and at the pace the Bton investigation is going, they should jump on it.

I think this is my third post on this subject and it just enrages me more every day. To say there is FBI presence is not enough for me. They need to be running the show. Bton LE had their chance and they blew it.
    Last edited by Pedrosmom; 09-28-2011 at 06:11 AM.
    "I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I am alone, I believe in God, even when He is silent.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrosmom View Post
    I've said this since the beginning. No LE agency wants to admit that they are in over their heads. Had the FBI been called in eaarlier, who knows where we would be. <snip>

]Angry? If I were the Spierers I would be ANGRY. 10 POIs walking, talking, hanging out as if there is nothing in the world for them to worry about. I suppose if the case stays with the Bton PD, they're safe. <snip>

There's drugs, out of state friends, people coming and going home for the summer - what is it that they need to turn this investigation over to the FBI.

How long is it going to take the Bton LE to say, this is too big for us. Bring in the Feds. The Spierers have that right, they deserve that right, and at the pace the Bton investigation is going, they should jump on it.

I think this is my third post on this subject and it just enrages me more every day. To say there is FBI presence is not enough for me. They need to be running the show. Bton LE had their chance and they blew it.
    The FBI is here.. they have BEEN here... and although you say you'd be angry if you were the Spierer's, they have said repeatedly that they are confident with the investigation.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

The FBI is here.. they have BEEN here... and although you say you'd be angry if you were the Spierer's, they have said repeatedly that they are confident with the investigation.
    With the PI's comments about drugs and LS' disappearance tying into that, I wouldn't be surprised if the investigation isn't folded into a larger one, which involves the FBI. That might be a reason the BPD and FBI don't want to share with Bo D. Just a thought ...

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Alliecog View Post
    whats the deal with CJ? is she for real?

That's a good question.
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

New interview with her parents...but no new details:

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/sto...qp-2999265.sto

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skigirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    New interview with her parents...but no new details:

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/sto...qp-2999265.sto
    It's probably just bad reporting but it does say this:

Police have interviewed Spiererís friends, including the people who were reported to have seen her last.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akh For This Useful Post:

Is the FBI still conducting work in Bloomington? I know they're involved but is there an ongoing presence?

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alliecog For This Useful Post:

The video was removed.
    R u talking abt the video chicjustin made(argylesandcigarettes is the youtube name)?

Oops-nevermind-i see the answer is yes. Sorry just catchin up.
    I may be crazy but i find CJ interesting;]
    Last edited by cspring; 09-29-2011 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Answered own question

38. The Following User Says Thank You to cspring For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Well, I still can't imagine JR saying he was with Lauren up until 4:30AM if he wasn't. There is no reason to place himself with her at all, unless he is telling the truth, or there were witnesses. So I think technically he is the last known person to see her. JMO
    I would think it is better for LE to start their investigation by what they actually know to be true instead of what they think might be true from someone they already suspect is being dishonest with them.
    Everybody cooperates,but nobody talks.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phantomthought For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alliecog View Post
    Is the FBI still conducting work in Bloomington? I know they're involved but is there an ongoing presence?
    How would anyone know? Seems like the media says they are helping.

I haven't seen any vehicles marked FBI driving around. There is only one agent assigned to Bloomington IIRC. His office is in the old Johnson Creamery Building.

No way of knowing if more have been tasked, actively working the field, or if they are just providing forensics and background check type of support.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cspring View Post
    R u talking abt the video chicjustin made(argylesandcigarettes is the youtube name)?

Oops-nevermind-i see the answer is yes. Sorry just catchin up.
    I may be crazy but i find CJ interesting;]
    I find her interesting too.
    I've emailed her because of a few question about something I recently saw, but no response from her yet...

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    I find her interesting too.
    I've emailed her because of a few question about something I recently saw, but no response from her yet...
    I looked at the CJ youtube vid once and now it's gone. I couldn't hear what she was saying over the radio. What is her point of view. Does she think her vid proves or disproves something.

Thanks if anyone can help me here.

-holly

46. The Following User Says Thank You to holly2325 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by holly2325 View Post
    I looked at the CJ youtube vid once and now it's gone. I couldn't hear what she was saying over the radio. What is her point of view. Does she think her vid proves or disproves something.

Thanks if anyone can help me here.

-holly
    Its been a while since i saw the video-i watched it several times and i read her blog theforceofreason and she believes it was law enforcement. I just watch from afar-shes smart and very well spoken but they say she has mental probs. I dont know-i dont even know if i should be posting this. I follow on twitter. Ive never engaged in a convo with her. I think she was recently sick and in the hospital-so she was gone for a lil bit and i dont know what shes been up to the last few weeks-havent twittered(?)tweeted(?).
    There is another video of hers-2 cops came to talk to her abt some fb pgs i think. Interesting. I cant remember the name of it-sorry. I just watched it last wk again so it should still be on utube-i dont even know if her blog is still up

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cspring For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cspring View Post
    Its been a while since i saw the video-i watched it several times and i read her blog theforceofreason and she believes it was law enforcement. I just watch from afar-shes smart and very well spoken but they say she has mental probs. I dont know-i dont even know if i should be posting this. I follow on twitter. Ive never engaged in a convo with her. I think she was recently sick and in the hospital-so she was gone for a lil bit and i dont know what shes been up to the last few weeks-havent twittered(?)tweeted(?).
    There is another video of hers-2 cops came to talk to her abt some fb pgs i think. Interesting. I cant remember the name of it-sorry. I just watched it last wk again so it should still be on utube-i dont even know if her blog is still up
    OK, now that I hear this, I remember some words in the audio that she had some thoughts like this.

This theory is so far out there. No motive + witnesses = unlikely for me

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holly2325 For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast