Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Hello all! This is my first time actually posting here, but I've been reading about this case on WebSleuths since mid-June. There are many intelligent people here & I appreciate reading the mix of educated opinions without the conflict that seems to find most sites regarding Lauren Spierer's case. I have never posted because I honestly cannot pinpoint what I believe to have really happened. Every time I read a new scenario on here, I can find many ways to believe it and I think that's why I'm so intrigued by her disappearance. Also, Lauren seems like such a sweet, smart girl and this story struck a chord in my heart. I really want them to find her and figure out who (if anyone) is responsible for her disappearance. That being said, for some reason I got happy when I saw that Bo Dietl was working on this case. I do think he should have conducted his public appearance a little differently and stayed away from the name calling, but the one thing he seems to bring is energy. This is not to say that BPD isn't doing their job, but look at the way things were conducted very early on in her case. The first hours after a disappearance are incredibly crucial and unless they really are just keeping what they actually did during that time hush-hush, they appeared to lack a sense of urgency completely. With the amount of time that has passed since June 3rd, it's really hard to be optimistic that the truth will be uncovered. At this point, what is there to lose by getting someone involved associated with the NYPD? I see the Spierer's being criticized by some for attempting to point fingers at certain POI's, so maybe going public with Bo Dietl, who people already hate, he can just go in and harass the right POI's for them. If I were a POI who knew something, I would be pretty freaked out if that guy showed up on my doorstop. And maybe none of the POI's know anything about where she really is, but I strongly believe that 1, if not more, know way more about the facts of that evening than they want to let on. They are not forthcoming with what they do know, so that in itself draws a lot of suspicion.

At any rate, I just felt the need to post instead of just always reading and never saying anything. I'm just starting to get really discouraged with the ways things are going and would really like to see resolution for the Spierers.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AmandaDK For This Useful Post:

All I can think of regarding RS' apology is Aesop's fable, The Farmer and the Viper: "You knew I was a snake before you brought me in!" As many people have said all along, the Spierer's are not stupid people. So...I can only surmise that they thought what harm it might bring would be worth the result.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Stepping away from the circus and back to the case, I wonder which of the following applies to DB's Runcible Spoon tweet:

• He was not a guest of JR's and made an innocent tweet.
    • He was a guest of JR's and made an innocent tweet before she was reported missing.
    • He was a guest of JR's and made a coded tweet to communicate the deed was done.

Other?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

AmandaDK Welcome to Websleuths!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

I applaud them for bringing in the PI. Loving parents determined to bring their baby home.

Just one question please to anyone who knows... STARBUCKS!
    Who has worked there or frequents the place?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrayKat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaDK View Post
    Hello all! This is my first time actually posting here, but I've been reading about this case on WebSleuths since mid-June. There are many intelligent people here & I appreciate reading the mix of educated opinions without the conflict that seems to find most sites regarding Lauren Spierer's case. I have never posted because I honestly cannot pinpoint what I believe to have really happened. Every time I read a new scenario on here, I can find many ways to believe it and I think that's why I'm so intrigued by her disappearance. Also, Lauren seems like such a sweet, smart girl and this story struck a chord in my heart. I really want them to find her and figure out who (if anyone) is responsible for her disappearance. That being said, for some reason I got happy when I saw that Bo Dietl was working on this case. I do think he should have conducted his public appearance a little differently and stayed away from the name calling, but the one thing he seems to bring is energy. This is not to say that BPD isn't doing their job, but look at the way things were conducted very early on in her case. The first hours after a disappearance are incredibly crucial and unless they really are just keeping what they actually did during that time hush-hush, they appeared to lack a sense of urgency completely. With the amount of time that has passed since June 3rd, it's really hard to be optimistic that the truth will be uncovered. At this point, what is there to lose by getting someone involved associated with the NYPD? I see the Spierer's being criticized by some for attempting to point fingers at certain POI's, so maybe going public with Bo Dietl, who people already hate, he can just go in and harass the right POI's for them. If I were a POI who knew something, I would be pretty freaked out if that guy showed up on my doorstop. And maybe none of the POI's know anything about where she really is, but I strongly believe that 1, if not more, know way more about the facts of that evening than they want to let on. They are not forthcoming with what they do know, so that in itself draws a lot of suspicion.

At any rate, I just felt the need to post instead of just always reading and never saying anything. I'm just starting to get really discouraged with the ways things are going and would really like to see resolution for the Spierers.
    Welcome, Amanda! I know what you mean about having a hard time pinpointing what to believe. I'm in that boat, although I have "inclinations." I also hear what you're saying about LS ... that's what brought me here, too.

You raise a good point about a PI bringing energy to the case ... I just think it needs to be channeled so it's positive. Fresh eyes are always good, as are fresh opinions! I'd like to see a NYC PI bring those!
    Last edited by imkeylime; 09-26-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: clarity

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Stepping away from the circus and back to the case, I wonder which of the following applies to DB's Runcible Spoon tweet:

• He was not a guest of JR's and made an innocent tweet.
    • He was a guest of JR's and made an innocent tweet before she was reported missing.
    • He was a guest of JR's and made a coded tweet to communicate the deed was done.

Other?
    The second or third on your list, IMO. I can't see why DB would make a tweet re: the Runcible Spoon w/o having contacted JR in Bloomington. They seem too close. While there may be other types of "runcible spoon" businesses in other places (there's a culinary store near me), it's not a chain restaurant, so ...

IDK what to think of the possible code talk. I like to analyze text (poems, lyrics, etc.), so it's easy for me to go there. Then again, I'm open to the thought that "New York snow" was about coke (or even heroin, given the info on dirty snow). And that makes me question my response to it ... how much code-speak could really be going on? PS: That said, DB may like to allude ... recent tweet: "It's not a matter of if rory mcilroy is gonna choke, but rather what he is going to choke on."

It would be helpful to know if DB made that tweet at 10 am EST or 10 am PCT time. I've heard both versions. Also, since DB and JR are really good friends, might not JR have not met him for breakfast? I realize he didn't, but he might have, under different circumstances ...
    Last edited by imkeylime; 09-26-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: PS

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
    I applaud them for bringing in the PI. Loving parents determined to bring their baby home.

Just one question please to anyone who knows... STARBUCKS!
    Who has worked there or frequents the place?
    At IU? http://www.imu.indiana.edu/dining/starbucks.shtml Wish I knew ...

I understand your question ... I've wondered about CS' comments myself more than once.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    At IU? http://www.imu.indiana.edu/dining/starbucks.shtml Wish I knew ...

I understand your question ... I've wondered about CS' comments myself more than once.
    Thanks, she seems to choose her every word to the public very carefully. I think they want us the public to know exactly who they are targeting. IMO

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StrayKat For This Useful Post:

Runcible Spoon... then Starbucks?

After reading about the Spoon I am hungry.

IMO... DB tweeting about eating there would not be a big thing. That may be his favorite place to eat while in Bloomington.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StrayKat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StrayKat View Post
    Runcible Spoon... then Starbucks?

After reading about the Spoon I am hungry.

IMO... DB tweeting about eating there would not be a big thing. That may be his favorite place to eat while in Bloomington.
    I'm not too sure about this tweet either. I wonder if he tweeted more about his Bloomington visit? If this is the only btown related tweet, that would be fishy though.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Alliecog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    It would be helpful to know if DB made that tweet at 10 am EST or 10 am PCT time. I've heard both versions. Also, since DB and JR are really good friends, might not JR have not met him for breakfast? I realize he didn't, but he might have, under different circumstances ...
    The tweet was 100% 1:00pm ET/10:00am PT. Not sure how you are realizing JR wasn't with him; if DB was the out of town guest, I'd fully expect both of them to have been there.

Here's a capture, the commenter who provided this made sure to note that they are located in the Central time zone.
    Last edited by bx2; 09-26-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: added link

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

We're not central, we're eastern

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alliecog For This Useful Post:

I don't get the reference to CS and Starbucks... what am I missing??

TIA!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alliecog View Post
    I'm not too sure about this tweet either. I wonder if he tweeted more about his Bloomington visit? If this is the only btown related tweet, that would be fishy though.
    It was an atypical tweet. I read all of his tweets. There were only approx. 20 total but nonetheless this was the only food tweet and I think yes, the only Bloomington tweet. He never tweeted about Lauren missing.

I would expect not only JR but as many others from the night before who could haul their a$$es out of bed to be eating at the Runcible. I also expect that LE has made a visit with photos asking the servers if they recognize the POI, match debit/credit card receipts, etc.

@ BX2: One other reason (in addition to the one I described a few weeks ago) I can imagine him driving for several hours to party here is because I recall one if not two tweets about him driving to another city in Michigan to a concert (I don't think it was Phish) and/or a big sporting event and I think he noted the music he was listening to while driving.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast