Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Quote Originally Posted by Alliecog View Post
    Every Sunday afternoon since school has started again, HT tags my friend in a ton of pictures from their weekend. It's like she documents every moment of their partying. I know I've said it before but it really deeply disturbs me.
    That IS disturbing....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Every Sunday afternoon since school has started again, HT tags my friend in a ton of pictures from their weekend. It's like she documents every moment of their partying. I know I've said it before but it really deeply disturbs me.
    Oh my.
    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

It is disturbing and it would certainly deeply bother me if I were in your position. I don't get it. I give up trying to understand. You'd think she would have a modicum of decorum.

(JR keeps a cooler at his front door.)

You may have said so, but have you talked to your friend about the partying with HT before?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

I had a good friend die when I was in HS... it was sudden, a brain hemmorhage, so no one was "at fault"... but I remember it taking nearly a year for me to get back to feeling like life was normal...

I find it very hard to imagine carrying on with life as it is - especially in terms of excessive behaviors that were likely the cause of my friend's death... I would think it would open some eyes... cause a little reflection... I don't know..

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

It sort of makes me angry that it seems like everyone moved on already like nothing happened (or at least, several significant parties). I try to remember they are young, but...I don't know. Maybe I am not being objective enough.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

I don't know Darcyline... I feel the same way... this is an age at which most young people see themselves as invincible -- so, to lose a friend like this would make them question that, I'd imagine... and you'd really think that simply the drama of grief would still be very present for them... at least for the girls.

I just don't understand the reaction...

Waiting impatiently for the next media input from CS/RS....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    It sort of makes me angry that it seems like everyone moved on already like nothing happened (or at least, several significant parties). I try to remember they are young, but...I don't know. Maybe I am not being objective enough.
    I've noticed this in lots of other cases by snooping on people's (public) FB pages and really wonder about the overall level of sensitivity of young people...I can understand continuing on with your lifestyle to a certain extent but I really don't understand posting about it as though nothing had changed in your world at all. And these are not young teenagers, where you might except a lot of denial, IMO.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    It is disturbing and it would certainly deeply bother me if I were in your position. I don't get it. I give up trying to understand. You'd think she would have a modicum of decorum.

(JR keeps a cooler at his front door.)

You may have said so, but have you talked to your friend about the partying with HT before?
    No I haven't, I feel strange bringing it up honestly. It's not my place to judge my friend for partying, or who she parties with. I've talked to her about the case but not in a ton of detail. She misses LS greatly and has been much more vocal about it than the others IMO.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alliecog For This Useful Post:

Just keep listening, Alliecog!! You might hear something that will be relevant and worthwhile...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

No I haven't, I feel strange bringing it up honestly. It's not my place to judge my friend for partying, or who she parties with. I've talked to her about the case but not in a ton of detail. She misses LS greatly and has been much more vocal about it than the others IMO.
    Maybe I woke up feeling empathetic (and just heard "Stairway to Heaven" on the radio, which made me reflective), but I think some people (younger and older) party as a way to escape and not just to have fun. In other words, they party because their lives aren't fun at the moment. That obviously isn't the way to deal with things, but it can take time for people to realize that. I think you're doing a good thing by listening to your friend and helping her vocalize how she feels about LS.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

So this part is still bothering me. I understand it to say that RS had not seen the alley video. He's now backing up and putting pressure on CR. Does this mean he has now seen it and has switched the focus?

It's hard for me to imagine Lauren, with her size, helping someone of Corey's size from Smallwood Plaza to his apartment," Robert Spierer said. "Maybe he'd be willing to take a police polygraph."
    BBMhttp://privateinvesigations.blogspot....html?spref=tw

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks. I understand how you might feel strange talking about this to your friend. It's a fine line. It seems the veil of silence created by LE and POI is pervasive and has seeped into the consciousness of many, myself included. I feel awkward talking about it much outside of this forum for a number of different reasons.

I hope your friend and the others at least have talked amongst themselves and agreed on ways to safe; such as never letting one of them go off by herself, having ICE contacts (re: CS), etc.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuoco7 View Post
    So this part is still bothering me. I understand it to say that RS had not seen the alley video. He's now backing up and putting pressure on CR. Does this mean he has now seen it and has switched the focus?

BBMhttp://privateinvesigations.blogspot....html?spref=tw
    No, fairly sure he's responding to the LOHUD article that published a story about an anonymous person who saw the Smallwood tape of Lauren stumbling as she exited the elevator and hit the wall opposite. He's saying she couldn't have helped given her observed physical state moments before.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

No, fairly sure he's responding to the LOHUD article that published a story about an anonymous person who saw the Smallwood tape of Lauren stumbling as she exited the elevator and hit the wall opposite. He's saying she couldn't have helped given her observed physical state moments before.
    I'm not sure he's even saying that... he simply says that he can't imagine someone her size helping someone CR's size... I think that even if they were both stone cold sober, that could be true if he needed physical support.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloom54 View Post
    I had a good friend die when I was in HS... it was sudden, a brain hemmorhage, so no one was "at fault"... but I remember it taking nearly a year for me to get back to feeling like life was normal...

I find it very hard to imagine carrying on with life as it is - especially in terms of excessive behaviors that were likely the cause of my friend's death... I would think it would open some eyes... cause a little reflection... I don't know..
    I totally agree. One of my good friends died 2 years ago while we were in college as a result of drinking/using drugs (what the people she was with at the time described as a normal night of "partying"). It changed everything about the way I think about life and certainly changed my ideas about substance use, partying, etc. I still drink but I am very conscious of doing so responsibly since then and don't have such a laid-back approach to that kind of thing as I used to...I can't imagine just going out and partying like before-I'm not a saint by any means but that kind of thing is just not enjoyable or desirable like it used to be.

I know losing a friend affects everyone differently and that people deal with it in different ways, but it seems that, at the least, LS' friends and those involved in LS' case would want to keep their activities to themselves and not publicize their partying/lifestyle so much since they have already been so criticized for it and they know that people are paying attention to what they are doing right now. Who knows what her friends are thinking or feeling. Perhaps they are in denial, especially if they really don't know what happened to her. Perhaps continuing with their lives as normal is comforting, but it just doesn't seem very sensitive to post things like that when they should realize it gives the impression (even if not true) that they have moved on/forgotten/don't care, etc.
    Last edited by jennyb629; 10-03-2011 at 08:14 PM.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jennyb629 For This Useful Post:

having ICE contacts (re: CS), etc.
    what is ICE?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    what is ICE?
    It means in case of emergency. You put someone in your phone's contacts as ICE, CS has spoken about LS telling her about this. Not sure where it's quoted though.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alliecog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrosmom View Post
    I've never read of a case with 10 POIs.
    Bolded and snipped by me....

That's a very interesting point.

Also, here we are, ~ 4 months later and LE has cleared NO ONE? Seriously?

At this point, I have to worry about the innocent. I mean, think about it.

You're just a college guy or gal who happened to hang out w/ LS on that fateful night.

Not to help the guilty here, but what about the innocent? I mean, until LE steps up their game and makes at least some of their base-line findings public, they may also be "punishing" some innocent people (in the court of public opinion) as well.

Are they hoping this tactic will cause people to talk? Because, I have to say, I don't think it's working.

And I hate to think that some innocent names are being dragged through the mud or futures being ruined because of LE's silence.

Unless LE thinks ALL 10+ are somehow involved? That would be....wow....

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to plaidmom For This Useful Post:

I wonder how hard any of the 10 or so POI's are trying to clear themselves, i.e. going in to talk with LE, etc...JMO
    Who knows, maybe they get some kind of cache being a POI...clearly some don't seem to be choosing to stay out off social media, out of the spot light, so to speak...JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Just a reminder that BPD said more than once that the number 10 was an estimate... and that it was a changing number. We probably have no idea who are the current PsOI... or how many there are...

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

I also think it is important to note that their use of POI is very elastic. I believe they have even indicated that not every POI is being considered a suspect or possible suspect. POI in this case seems to mean person who may have any important info which includes almost every person who saw Lauren in a significant way that night+the usual suspects (the boyfriend).

Lauren's case has more POIs than the average case because it is a bit of a different situation. She wasn't sitting alone with her boyfriend and he claimed she went home when she didn't. She spent time with basically a pack of people none of which were the usual suspect in these cases (boyfriend). Any one of those people she saw along the way could have seen something or played a part. Then you also have to include the possibility of random outsiders. It is a frustrating case-loads of people and no evidence apparently or at least no compelling evidence.

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloom54 View Post
    Just a reminder that BPD said more than once that the number 10 was an estimate... and that it was a changing number. We probably have no idea who are the current PsOI... or how many there are...
    True, we don't, however they still remain poi's in the public eye unfortunately. Why aren't these people or parents claiming their innocence? What about their futures? It is definitely strange that no one has been cleared publicly. It makes you wonder what kind
    Of house of cards they are playing. Some sort of ripple effect that will destroy everyone I guess worse than being called a POI. I do believe it's bigger than we think.
    Last edited by Cuoco7; 10-04-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Made no sense

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuoco7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cuoco7 View Post
    True, we don't, however they still remain poi's in the public eye unfortunately. Why aren't these people or parents claiming their innocence?
    Because no one has ever called them guilty. #1, they've never even been named by LE (only by media, in some cases citing their attorneys). #2, a POI is not a suspect. #3, what if they say they're innocent, then LE says they've "cleared" no one (which won't happen until someone gets charged, perhaps in part for investigative reasons).

46. The Following User Says Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

The only POIs that I have seen get a significant amount of suspicion from the public include CR, JR, and JW. I am not including HT because I don't really see people suspecting her of being guilty so much as thinking she is obnoxious and didn't really care about Lauren. I do believe I have seen CR, JR, and JW all defend their innocence through lawyer statements or their own mouths. The other POIs remain very under the radar for me except on places like this. I think that is why we don't see more of them proclaiming innocence. We honestly don't even know who is an actual POI or on the short list for LE-almost every name we throw around is guess work and assumption.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    Because no one has ever called them guilty. #1, they've never even been named by LE (only by media, in some cases citing their attorneys). #2, a POI is not a suspect. #3, what if they say they're innocent, then LE says they've "cleared" no one (which won't happen until someone gets charged, perhaps in part for investigative reasons).
    Article related to Ison case:
    http://www.wlwt.com/r/29369637/detail.html

The confusion over the term "person of interest" is the result of the way the word is used in cases like the Ison case. From context, one would assume that Ison is a "suspect" in the killings. However, LE has waited a long time to charge him with the crime, given that the four year old witness could probably have identified him or at least partially described the events of that night.

Since the killers let the child go, they must have assumed that the child could not possibly identify them; but apparently Ison was known to the family.

Incriminating evidence was also found at Ison's residence. Maybe Ison participated in the robbery but had not planned to kill anyone or maybe the killers came after him, after killing the family, but couldn't find him, and left bloody clothes & one victim's cell phone at his place.

Ison was charged with robbery of a pharmacy, and is believed to have been on his way to rob another pharmacy at the time of his arrest.

Robbery of pharmacies and clinics was a more common crime in the 60's. Is this type of crime on the increase? Is Xanax to blame?

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Walker For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast