Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Did anyone find a connection between AA (the guy who found the wristlet and keys at 3AM) and any POI? Was he an IU student? Where was he coming from and where was he going? Could this be MPOI #2? Too much irony between the 2:51 video and his claim of finding her things at 3AM. Terrible coincidence to be in that exact location at that time. He had to have seen something, heard something. Did LE get him on camera?
    "I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I am alone, I believe in God, even when He is silent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrosmom View Post
    Did anyone find a connection between AA (the guy who found the wristlet and keys at 3AM) and any POI? Was he an IU student? Where was he coming from and where was he going? Could this be MPOI #2? Too much irony between the 2:51 video and his claim of finding her things at 3AM. Terrible coincidence to be in that exact location at that time. He had to have seen something, heard something. Did LE get him on camera?
    No one has found any connection between AA and anyone else in the case. I came up with "MPOI," and am quite sure it is not AA, and pretty sure it is DB.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

AE -

Interpretation: I meant to put "or" between the two scenarios

CR injured LS somehow, or LS passed on due to her heart condition. Throws her over his shoulder and she drops her wristlet and keys. She drops her keys and wristlet. He puts her somewhere until he is able to get a car, sober up and take the body somewhere. That's the "incident" LE is referring to?
    LE has never referred to an "incident."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    I went to the concert tonight. It was quite the production, with the street blocked off and filled with news trucks. Many, many people but sadly in the middle of the first musical act, it became cold and rainy and lots of people left by the end of the first. CS and RS were beaming and some family members were present. BW and the other gal--lots of hugs--but no HT that I saw.

I want to do a brief information dump because the first event was so unexpected – it was almost shocking. The concert opened with a professionally made video—displayed on two jumbo screens. The video consisted of the sequence of events June 3 with photos people and places. Narrated throughout of just the facts.

More or less in order:

Photos of Lauren and narration
    Small photo of Lauren, then DR photo pops up beside her.
    Narration about the two of them going to JR’s.

All names are said in full throughout. They didn't use JR, DR, etc. haha

JR’s photo and photo of 5 North. Oh, these photos are their mug shots.
    Sports photo. CR’s photo and SALZMANN’s photo pops up beside him!
    Maps of the route they took.
    Photo of 5 North again. No photo but MB name mentioned.

No mention of JW, no mystery guest. No doubt I left something out, but I’m distracted now, so that's a wrap. Project Runway is on!
    Why is it called Project Runway?

While I feel a great deal of sympathy for the family and friends of LS, we need to keep in mind that JR, CR and MB could possibly be totally innocent. Going too far with the accusations could possibly incite violence against them.

Although it seems likely at this point, we don't even have any proof that LS is dead.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Walker For This Useful Post:

It has never seemed strange to me that nearly 10 minutes later after they passed through someone else saw her keys and wristlet and moved it. College party nights are pretty busy and 10 minutes is plenty of time for CR and LS to clear out of the area. The distances we are talking about are mere blocks.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

AE -

Interpretation: I meant to put "or" between the two scenarios

CR injured LS somehow, or LS passed on due to her heart condition. Throws her over his shoulder and she drops her wristlet and keys. She drops her keys and wristlet. He puts her somewhere until he is able to get a car, sober up and take the body somewhere. That's the "incident" LE is referring to?

or something happens on camera with CR, he takes her back to 5 North to get some help from the other guys. Everyone agrees they need to dispose of the body. Someone steps up to do it. No one else knows where she is.
    The problem with those scenarios is that would be plenty for the police to make an arrest and figure the rest out later. They'd have at least one guilty party on video caught red-handed. That would be plenty leverage for them to start writing a laundry list of charges and offering some leniency for cooperation.

So, I have a hard time believing the 2:51AM video shows anything of note. At best (as evidence) it might call into question LS' ability to be walking home 90 mins later or even be coherent but it's clearly not the smoking gun or else this case would be much further along. There may be some useful info on it that could impeach someone's future testimony. But that would assume someone is talking (or will talk) and clearly that's not the case right now.

Apparently, what's on the video isn't even bad enough to call into question MB's story because you'd think if she was not at least somewhat coherent in the video then that would put MB in a bad position with him saying she walked in his place, stayed for awhile, wanted to 'party' and left for JR's (assuming that is actually the statement he gave police).

Personally, I think this case is on the verge of going extremely cold. The landfill search, where they apparently found nothing, pretty much IMHO tells us LE has nothing. That appears to have been a hail Mary. Much of the speculation these days can't be accurate or else someone would already be in trouble. Things like the 2:51AM video showing 'something' nefarious... the alleged cell ping in Martinsville... These are things, that if they existed, the police could act upon. The only way I think there could be a cell ping in Martinsville that the police wouldn't act upon would be if that POI had already admitted to being in that area (or someone with their phone) and had a reason LE can't immediately discount. If someone said they were home with their phone in their possession all morning and LE had a ping on a Martinsville tower (which would show this POI lying), then they'd already be facing charges IMO. That would be the type of leverage LE needs.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akh For This Useful Post:

I do not speak for anyone else obviousilly but I have to say from my own perspective I have almost completely stoped coming and reading this thread and this case all together now because of the use of just the initals and short form and internet lingo its made tchis ase way to confusing . I do not know If this is done on purpose because of legal reasons It dont seem to be the case in most of the cases on here i read but in my opinion its confused alot of people and turned off alot of sleuthers that would normally be looking in to this case and who knows maybe supplying a helpfull tip. And if Lauren spier is ever found and this case goes to a trial Don't blame it on the juriors when they cant figure out who anyone is talking about ...
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CanManEh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    If someone said they were home with their phone in their possession all morning and LE had a ping on a Martinsville tower (which would show this POI lying), then they'd already be facing charges IMO. That would be the type of leverage LE needs.
    I agree.. getting caught in such a lie would likely earn the poi a new title -"suspect".

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tr. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    Thanks so much for the info! I find it very significant that HT wasn't there despite being Lauren's "best friend" and I agree with bloom's analysis of that video.
    I don't know that one report from an attendee that didn't see her is enough to come to the conclusion that HT wasn't there at all.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Why is it called Project Runway?

While I feel a great deal of sympathy for the family and friends of LS, we need to keep in mind that JR, CR and MB could possibly be totally innocent. Going too far with the accusations could possibly incite violence against them.

Although it seems likely at this point, we don't even have any proof that LS is dead.
    I agree with you about the need for objectivity. The problem is, though, that it's not just whether they're "totally innocent" but "totally forthcoming."

I liked how Whitney Lea described what CR knows/doesn't remember as a "narrative." Thinking in that way, each POI has a narrative from that night ... and combined they should form a fairly accurate "text" of what happened at least before LS disappeared. But they don't, primarily because CR can't/won't recall his narrative and HT became the spokeswoman for JR's.

I think it's interesting how Jupiter described Salzmann's photo alongside CR's on the video. As I see it, CR's attorney also messed with the text by saying that CR has memory loss from the SW hit and that LS helped CR home. How exactly would he have known the latter anyhow unless he had witnesses, since CR can't remember? He's trying to tell CR's narrative, which he can't and shouldn't do.

In addition to CR's silence, we don't know if HT embellished JR's narrative for her own personal reasons, etc. I've seen this happen before in a bullying situation ... some people were reluctant to speak and thus said too little, and some people decided to speak for others but put their own spin on it. Truth can spin into fiction pretty fast when that sort of thing happens.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    As I see it, CR's attorney also messed with the text by saying that CR has memory loss from the SW hit and that LS helped CR home. How exactly would he have known the latter anyhow unless he had witnesses, since CR can't remember?
    Easy - MB (and video evidence).

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    No one has found any connection between AA and anyone else in the case. I came up with "MPOI," and am quite sure it is not AA, and pretty sure it is DB.
    Do you have data of DB's height, weight? He sure doesn't have dark skin nor "defined facial bone structure" and he looks larger than 160 pounds. I know witness accounts can be off, and if he was in the lower stairs, she wouldn't have a good look at him, but his face is hardly "defined." His companion in Twitter pic matches the description better.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Easy - MB (and video evidence).
    But MB wasn't at SW or in the alley, just the apartment (as far as we know). I agree in theory about video evidence, but Salzmann seemed to edit his story after the video of LS stumbling out of the elevator became a hot topic, saying maybe they helped each other. What he said first omits that CR helped LS as well. And omissions don't help the case (or his client, IMO).
    Last edited by imkeylime; 09-23-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: typo

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by amoncrieff View Post
    Thousands attend Shine4Lauren (WISH 8)

(Earlier) Greek walk to Shine4Lauren.
    It was heart warming to see the Greek walk. They were like a giant blue ribbon streaming through campus and onto Dunn Meadow.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

I think both of these are explicable by their respective conditions.

Their conditions are not fact. While many agree and LE has acknowledged the possibility.... however that leave room for suspicion.

The purpose of the call has been said to be to get DR, who has a car, to pick her up and take her home, not for her phone.

The purpose is truly unknown, so again there is nothing concrete to allow any of us to be an expert on the matter, therefore....still room for suspicion.

And we know nothing to say he wasn't, or that he couldn't have seen her from somewhere else (as far as I'm concerned - none of us have been in his apartment?).
    The front faces north, the east has an apartment adjacent to it...the angle alone creates enough limitation for me to create suspicion.

These ideas were posted as suspicion of the events reported after the 2:51 video, not fact.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LongTallTexan For This Useful Post:

But MB wasn't at SW or in the alley, just the apartment (as far as we know). I agree in theory about video evidence, but Salzmann seemed to edit his story after the video of LS stumbling out of the elevator became a hot topic, saying maybe they helped each other. What he said first omits that CR helped LS as well. And omissions don't help the case (or his client, IMO).
    MB knows they came home together, when they did so, what they did there, what they said, and what their condition was. That, not to mention the time-stamped video showing them going together from SW to 5N, is enough for the lawyer to say what he's said, I'm sure. And I know the family has taken some hits at him, but I think there must be some subtext to that to which we're not party - I don't think he edited his story, only added a bit to his characterization in a way that didn't really change it much at all.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pjessie View Post
    The front faces north, the east has an apartment adjacent to it..
    Is it impossible to lean out the window? This all assumes he didn't go outside - I don't believe he ever said that.

As akh's post says above, if there were any impossibilities in someone's story, I think we would be farther along than we are. Ergo, I have to assume it's possible.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

PS: I may have only half-addressed your (earlier) response here. Re Salzmann's comment on CR's memory loss: I read one interview where MB said he put CR to bed because he'd been drinking, which, given cause and effect, could explain CR's alleged memory loss as well as the SW hit could. I get why Salzmann doesn't want to say his client was wasted, but if CR and LS were in the same condition in the video (thus helping each other), and she hadn't been hit, it seems significant.

But yes, there may be a subtext we're not aware of. I suspect that's a big issue ...

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    It was heart warming to see the Greek walk. They were like a giant blue ribbon streaming through campus and onto Dunn Meadow.
    Thanks for sharing this and your experiences at the concert with us, Jupiter. It's wonderful to see IU remember and be there for LS like that.

I followed a link to the findlauren website ... the video there is heartbreaking ... the music and pics of LS at all ages. http://findlauren.com/

One pic stood out for me ... she had a UofM t-shirt on, maize yellow with a blue "M." Probably because her sister went there, I realize ... six degrees of separation and all that.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

My quote:
    "The front faces north, the east has an apartment adjacent to it...the angle alone creates enough limitation for me to create suspicion."

Is it impossible to lean out the window? This all assumes he didn't go outside - I don't believe he ever said that.

As akh's post says above, if there were any impossibilities in someone's story, I think we would be farther along than we are. Ergo, I have to assume it's possible.
    Obviously, little is impossible, but I did not say it was impossible, I said it created suspicion....for me. I am not trying to pursuade anyone toward a particular idea...I don't think that is the intent on this forum, Mods?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LongTallTexan For This Useful Post:

Thanks for sharing this and your experiences at the concert with us, Jupiter. It's wonderful to see IU remember and be there for LS like that.

I followed a link to the findlauren website ... the video there is heartbreaking ... the music and pics of LS at all ages. http://findlauren.com/

One pic stood out for me ... she had a UofM t-shirt on, maize yellow with a blue "M." Probably because her sister went there, I realize ... six degrees of separation and all that.
    You're very welcome. I'm glad to have a place to share, otherwise my head would hurt real bad.

Good point about Lauren in the U of M shirt, Keylime. I recall seeing that. I think it's more like 2 degrees of separation which certainly makes a certain MPOI seem more likely.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

On the issue of what is a fact: We know that all three 5N POI have taken polygraphs, most or all of which were privately-administered. We don't know what they were asked, or whether they told the truth, but I think it's a good assumption that pretty much anything they have told LE they also told to the poly administrator, and that they probably were only poly'd on things that were true. Therefore, I think that we can assume it's probable that most or all of what we have heard from LE and the POI's attorneys, and perhaps also what we have heard from the POI via other parties, is true. This includes JR watching LS walk off, from wherever he did so, and CR's memory loss (though how precisely that was subject to a poly might be open to question). It is of course entirely possible that these things are not true - we're all rightly somewhat skeptical about them - and maybe even probable given the family's questioning. But for purposes of helping to figure out what happened, which I think is the purpose of this forum, I think it might benefit us to try to come up with some thoughts based on the assumption that they are, even if we might prefer for whatever reason to believe that they are not. That is my personal belief.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

I remember reading somewhere that the next morning a neighbor of CR stated CR asked
    "If they had seen that little blonde girl"? Lets assume that the next morning when he woke up, MB was there. I'm sure MB would have recaped what happened the night before(since CR can't remenber)and that CS left to go to JR's. Lets assume that MB wasn't there when he woke up. Would he not just assume that LS went home? So, why would need need to ask if anyone had seen that little blonde girl? Maybe he is trying to see if any of the neighbors heard or saw anything that morning.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to doubtingthomas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by doubtingthomas View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that the next morning a neighbor of CR stated CR asked
    "If they had seen that little blonde girl"? Lets assume that the next morning when he woke up, MB was there. I'm sure MB would have recaped what happened the night before(since CR can't remenber)and that CS left to go to JR's. Lets assume that MB wasn't there when he woke up. Would he not just assume that LS went home? So, why would need need to ask if anyone had seen that little blonde girl? Maybe he is trying to see if any of the neighbors heard or saw anything that morning.
    I think this took place on Saturday morning June 4, which would be the day after CR woke up with amnesia.

It would be interesting to hear a recap of conversations the morning of June 3. It would be informative to know in what order JR, DR, MB and CR gave their stories to HT and what questions they asked her. Same for any interaction with JW.

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holly2325 For This Useful Post:

Does anyone else believe that if RS/CS don't know these things they must not have a very good PI.
    1. who was present at 5 North Townhomes June 2/3
    2. which vehicles were available,
    3 who texted/called who that night and the following days among LS,JW,CR,JR,MB, DR,AB,DB,HT
    4. who contacted their parents and what time

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holly2325 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast