Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The most significant piece of info from this video is LE received over 2,000 tips about this case and 150 tips came in since students returned for Fall semester. I would think the quality of these tips would be pretty good, yes? Friends talking more freely perhaps or something suddenly remembered, which can happen when one is removed from the drama.

http://www.wthr.com/story/15519915/t...auren-thursday

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

2:51:

I know many have discounted the 'activity' as verbalized by LE as just a choice of verb or that it doen't mean anything (very possible), but that video holds some answers for me...but here's why. We all have debated over every scenario, what fact vs. rumor vs. perception vs. misreadings and/or straight out confusion....but at the end of the day, I can't 'believe' anything for certain or 'discount' anything for certain...we just don't know. BUT, what we do know if that at that last sighting, Lauren (presumably alive) was truly last 'seen'...meaning by camera. In the same general vicinity, she lost her keys/wallet thingy, and LE (instead of stating she is seen "making their way" and referencing CR), instead they choose to use different terminology and do NOT identify CR this time. Furthermore, almost every statement (regardless of source) that tell the story after 2:51, is suspicious:
    1) MB put CR to bed?....really, grown men have to be put to bed...what does that mean?
    2) LS still wants to party? Really...after all the events and it's 3:00 AM and she's the only girl?
    3) and LS calls DR for her phone? She made her last call at 12:15 and hadn't had it since 2:30ish....now all of sudden she "calls" DR for it at 4:15 AM...really?
    4) JR "watches" her leave, from what I can tell, he couldn't have seen her unless he was outside?
    Not that all the statements aren't true, who knows....but all are concerningly suspicious as 'post' 2:51 activity. I believe that LE and CS/RS have a pretty good idea the 'how' or 'what' based on the "activity" in that 2:51 vid, just not the whole story, specifically who and where. Just my thoughts....

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LongTallTexan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pjessie View Post
    1) MB put CR to bed?....really, grown men have to be put to bed...what does that mean?
    2) LS still wants to party? Really...after all the events and it's 3:00 AM and she's the only girl?
    I think both of these are explicable by their respective conditions.

3) and LS calls DR for her phone? She made her last call at 12:15 and hadn't had it since 2:30ish....now all of sudden she "calls" DR for it at 4:15 AM...really?
    The purpose of the call has been said to be to get DR, who has a car, to pick her up and take her home, not for her phone.

4) JR "watches" her leave, from what I can tell, he couldn't have seen her unless he was outside?
    And we know nothing to say he wasn't, or that he couldn't have seen her from somewhere else (as far as I'm concerned - none of us have been in his apartment?).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=pjessie;7147979]2:51:

Why would LS ask MB to party? He was home all night working on his papers. As far as we know he was was not at JR's earlier with the rest of them. He did not go to Kilroy's. So why ask someone who has not partied all night to party at 3:00 am? If he was at JR's eralier, then he would be able to ID DB or the MPOI. Or at least who all was there. If LS had said she was going to JR's to party some more that would make more sense. I really have a hard time with this answer. MHO

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doubtingthomas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by doubtingthomas View Post
    Why would LS ask MB to party?
    Because she was high?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    The purpose of the call has been said to be to get DR, who has a car, to pick her up and take her home, not for her phone.
    I believe the account on PT was that the reason for the call was to see if DR could pick her up, but HT's quote was LS used JR's's phone to call DR to see if he knew where her phone was..

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    I believe the account on PT was that the reason for the call was to see if DR could pick her up, but HT's quote was LS used JR's's phone to call DR to see if he knew where her phone was..
    Interesting. So either JR's friend heard/assumed wrong, or his story changed.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

I went to the concert tonight. It was quite the production, with the street blocked off and filled with news trucks. Many, many people but sadly in the middle of the first musical act, it became cold and rainy and lots of people left by the end of the first. CS and RS were beaming and some family members were present. BW and the other gal--lots of hugs--but no HT that I saw.

I want to do a brief information dump because the first event was so unexpected – it was almost shocking. The concert opened with a professionally made video—displayed on two jumbo screens. The video consisted of the sequence of events June 3 with photos people and places. Narrated throughout of just the facts.

More or less in order:

Photos of Lauren and narration
    Small photo of Lauren, then DR photo pops up beside her.
    Narration about the two of them going to JR’s.

All names are said in full throughout. They didn't use JR, DR, etc. haha

JR’s photo and photo of 5 North. Oh, these photos are their mug shots.
    Sports photo. CR’s photo and SALZMANN’s photo pops up beside him!
    Maps of the route they took.
    Photo of 5 North again. No photo but MB name mentioned.

No mention of JW, no mystery guest. No doubt I left something out, but I’m distracted now, so that's a wrap. Project Runway is on!

Thanks Jupiter!!

Here's my immediate "take" on that video... they showed pics of people that they want to be sure people know WHO they are... what they look like... their names -- in hopes that they'll get some more leads from people who might have been in the area that night... might have been at Sports that night... even that someone might have heard someone chatting in the library... in class... anything... and they're focusing on the people who are in the current theories...

and... I'm not surprised the BW was there with them... but no HT...

too bad the weather didn't help them out!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    I have a hard time believing the call was about her phone, unless she was worried about walking home without one. And if that was the case, she could have borrowed JR's. Wouldn't she have been more concerned about her keys at that point, since she had no way of getting into SW?

It all makes me wonder why JR would let her leave at all ... no shoes, no phone, and no key. Actually, I could blast him on that alone. I have an easier time thinking she'd call to ask for a ride ... or even to have DR meet her halfway.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much for the info! I find it very significant that HT wasn't there despite being Lauren's "best friend" and I agree with bloom's analysis of that video.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloom54 View Post
    Thanks Jupiter!!

Here's my immediate "take" on that video... they showed pics of people that they want to be sure people know WHO they are... what they look like... their names -- in hopes that they'll get some more leads from people who might have been in the area that night... might have been at Sports that night... even that someone might have heard someone chatting in the library... in class... anything... and they're focusing on the people who are in the current theories...

and... I'm not surprised the BW was there with them... but no HT...

too bad the weather didn't help them out!
    That makes sense. I hope people are able to connect the past photos with the present looks though. The guys have changed a lot since those were taken. Did you watch it streamed live on lauren.com? I just learned it was there. It should be available later; apparently there were some moving speeches.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    I confess I'm a little lost on the import of specifically questioning CR's memory loss. That she couldn't have carried him - well, of course. Does this imply that he carried her? That's been my assumption with respect to the gravel lot. Maybe he dropped her (perhaps causing injuries that did not reveal themselves until later)? Or do they think he intentionally did something to LS after 2:51 (and same thing)? So why do MB and JR shut up too? Because they don't know what CR did and are also at a loss?

Or is there a broader purpose to questioning the memory loss? I would think that it can't relate to identifying JR's guest - wouldn't CR know that from earlier? Does it imply that he was involved in or knows about what someone else or the three of them did at 5 North after 3AM?
    Wouldn't your scenario suggest that she never made it to 5 North? That her demise was under the camera at the time the cops won't let us see the tape?

Did something happen wherein CR did something to Lauren at 2:51 plus or minus 10 minutes and he carried her to 5 North to get some help from JR & MB? Then JR throws everyone off the scent by saying he saw her round the corner at 4:30. Did they try to revive, wake up, assist Lauren as they saw her as dead or close to death but wanted to have a story wherein she did exit that building alive? Was everyone at 5 North involved in trying to help her and DB was elected as the disposal person because not many knew he was there?
    "I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I am alone, I believe in God, even when He is silent.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    Thanks so much for the info! I find it very significant that HT wasn't there despite being Lauren's "best friend" and I agree with bloom's analysis of that video.
    You're welcome. The other gal whose name I'm trying to think of appeared in the photos that LOHUD published very early on, the series taken in front of Smallwood. HT is in the nautical top with Bon Ami on the front. Do you know who I'm talking about?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    I have a hard time believing the call was about her phone, unless she was worried about walking home without one. And if that was the case, she could have borrowed JR's. Wouldn't she have been more concerned about her keys at that point, since she had no way of getting into SW?

It all makes me wonder why JR would let her leave at all ... no shoes, no phone, and no key. Actually, I could blast him on that alone. I have an easier time thinking she'd call to ask for a ride ... or even to have DR meet her halfway.
    Did anyone read that HT and DR were together late into the night? Could the call have been to DR, since he was with HT (and perhaps JR didn't have HT's number) to check and see if Lauren made it back? I swear I read this somewhere, if not from HT's mouth herself but that DR and HT were together after Kilroys. I could be wrong but I always wondered what exactly HT was doing all this time. That's why I remembered it. I hadn't heard what HT was doing and then read that she was with DR. I could be wrong, so go a little easy on me. )
    "I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I am alone, I believe in God, even when He is silent.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast