Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Well, having watched the video, I don't love how he talked about an LE department he may be working with. Ouch.

But, in terms of drug involvement and LS leaving 5 North: maybe she did ask MB if he wanted to party, and then someone lured her somewhere by asking her the same thing. She may have not been thinking clearly at that point ...
    Last edited by imkeylime; 09-23-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Anyone know if JW was at the concert? I read on here I believe that he was sighted back in town since school started? Why...is he still enrolled or finished?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LongTallTexan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    On the issue of what is a fact: We know that all three 5N POI have taken polygraphs, most or all of which were privately-administered. We don't know what they were asked, or whether they told the truth, but I think it's a good assumption that pretty much anything they have told LE they also told to the poly administrator, and that they probably were only poly'd on things that were true. Therefore, I think that we can assume it's probable that most or all of what we have heard from LE and the POI's attorneys, and perhaps also what we have heard from the POI via other parties, is true. This includes JR watching LS walk off, from wherever he did so, and CR's memory loss (though how precisely that was subject to a poly might be open to question). It is of course entirely possible that these things are not true ....
    <snipped>

I'm not sure I'm following the logic... If all we know is that they took privately administered polygraphs, but we don't know what they were asked or the results, how can we assume anything?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbbeyR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    CS/RS detective goes public. Former NYPD detective BD.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day_...-case-20110923
    I guess this case has officially turned into a circus.They have sent in the clown
    Everybody cooperates,but nobody talks.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phantomthought For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pjessie View Post
    2:51:

I know many have discounted the 'activity' as verbalized by LE as just a choice of verb or that it doen't mean anything (very possible), but that video holds some answers for me...but here's why. We all have debated over every scenario, what fact vs. rumor vs. perception vs. misreadings and/or straight out confusion....but at the end of the day, I can't 'believe' anything for certain or 'discount' anything for certain...we just don't know. BUT, what we do know if that at that last sighting, Lauren (presumably alive) was truly last 'seen'...meaning by camera. In the same general vicinity, she lost her keys/wallet thingy, and LE (instead of stating she is seen "making their way" and referencing CR), instead they choose to use different terminology and do NOT identify CR this time...<snipped> I believe that LE and CS/RS have a pretty good idea the 'how' or 'what' based on the "activity" in that 2:51 vid, just not the whole story, specifically who and where. Just my thoughts....
    I hope you are right... As time has passed I've come to think that the most likely explanation is probably the simplest one - that it's just the most accurate description they could give. Picture how quickly someone would pass by a security camera in a dark alley and the low quality of most security cameras... If LE couldn't identify the basic features of the white truck, what time (or how many times) it passed by a camera on a well lit street, it seems likely to me that they didn't identify CR as the 'companion' because they couldn't, based on the video footage alone. That doesn't mean that they don't know who Lauren was with, or where they ended up next, just that they didn't get this info from the video, and weren't filling in the blanks for us.

But true, we can't discount anything... I hope they do have more of the story.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AbbeyR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    CS/RS detective goes public. Former NYPD detective BD.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day_...-case-20110923
    Highlights for me:

"we have a lot of information that we'll be turning over to the District Attorney out there and the police department"

"the drug usage on this college campus has a direct effect, I believe, to her being missing at this time"

Indiana is also a state that allows the one party consent that he mentions.

The potshots at the chief of police are definitely head scratching, but BPD's silence isn't exactly ground breaking. I think it's a one way street with them, that they will run with anything the PI's team can give them, but they aren't going to be giving out anything that they are doing.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrosmom View Post
    HT should be a POI if she's not already. I think she was jealous of Lauren, a beautiful blonde, natural, tiny, sweet, loved by so many. I have yet to see her shed a tear, just babbling to the media, LOVING to hear herself talk. That chick is bad news IMO. She orchestrated this case the way she wanted it to go. That, IMO, messed up LE's investigation from the start. They actually believed her. For all we know she had Lauren's phone most of the night, then after she saw her condition at Smallwood, planted it at Kilroys. I think LE will find that she was involved in a sabotaging way (nothing to do with her going missing).
    It seems like there's a wee leap between 'HT has not cried enough on camera to prove her sincerity to a random person on the internet' -- and the whole 'sabotaging the investigation' part. IMO.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbbeyR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    Highlights for me:

"we have a lot of information that we'll be turning over to the District Attorney out there and the police department"

"the drug usage on this college campus has a direct effect, I believe, to her being missing at this time"

Indiana is also a state that allows the one party consent that he mentions.

The potshots at the chief of police are definitely head scratching, but BPD's silence isn't exactly ground breaking. I think it's a one way street with them, that they will run with anything the PI's team can give them, but they aren't going to be giving out anything that they are doing.

Comments he made related to your take-aways:

The "stuff" they are uncovering is providing a "direction." Too bad it's not revealing answers.

The example he gave of someone not on tape was interesting (added for a dramatic effect? POI quote?): "Look, I really didnít want to hurt her but all of a sudden she stopped breathing.Ē

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    What a video lol, however the man has a point, he's looking into what happened to Lauren, not how good he's gonna look at the end if he finds her, just FIND HER, period!!
    Despite what he SAID re that, he does appear to be a bit of a grandstander... seems to me that dissing local LE isn't the way to get the job done in town.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bloom54 View Post
    Despite what he SAID re that, he does appear to be a bit of a grandstander... seems to me that dissing local LE isn't the way to get the job done in town.
    He's working independently of BPD..doesn't really matter to him what they think. They can't legally share details (beyond what's been made public) of the case with him can they? maybe he realizes they haven't much to share anyway.
    Either or he needs a shave.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tr. For This Useful Post:

Again I want to point out that there seems to be some speculation that has turned into 'fact' over time.

The idea that JR said LS turned the corner and there's no way he could've seen that so he must be guilty or somehow being disingenuous assumes more than he couldn't have seen her turn the corner somehow. It assumes that is what he actually said. Isn't this just what it's been reported that he said by others? IOW- classic hearsay. And how possible is it that what he said and what that person repeated/reported is slightly different?

And further, unless he's just blatantly adamant that he saw her walk to the corner and turn, then how much of a stretch would it be to say he just misremembered exactly when she left his view leaving the apartment?

Of course I might've lost track myself of who said what... But based on what we've heard this isn't exactly smoking gun territory even if he did say it exactly as been said here.... let alone going by what other people have said he said...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to akh For This Useful Post:

I read the post, and I do not agree. People have asked, for example, "who is MB?" and a poster almost always will tell them who it is, soon after. If someone was confused, I would hope they would just ask for help understanding the "lingo" here, especially if they had an important tip. Better yet though, anyone with an important tip should be going to police, not posting it here.

I continue to come on here every single day, and I have since probably June 10th or so. I don't think anyone here would purposely try to confuse people, or throw off a jury, we all have one common goal. And that's to find LS (Lauren Spierer).

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SUNchips For This Useful Post:

Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    The problem with those scenarios is that would be plenty for the police to make an arrest and figure the rest out later. They'd have at least one guilty party on video caught red-handed. That would be plenty leverage for them to start writing a laundry list of charges and offering some leniency for cooperation.

So, I have a hard time believing the 2:51AM video shows anything of note. At best (as evidence) it might call into question LS' ability to be walking home 90 mins later or even be coherent but it's clearly not the smoking gun or else this case would be much further along. There may be some useful info on it that could impeach someone's future testimony. But that would assume someone is talking (or will talk) and clearly that's not the case right now.

Apparently, what's on the video isn't even bad enough to call into question MB's story because you'd think if she was not at least somewhat coherent in the video then that would put MB in a bad position with him saying she walked in his place, stayed for awhile, wanted to 'party' and left for JR's (assuming that is actually the statement he gave police).

Personally, I think this case is on the verge of going extremely cold. The landfill search, where they apparently found nothing, pretty much IMHO tells us LE has nothing. That appears to have been a hail Mary. Much of the speculation these days can't be accurate or else someone would already be in trouble. Things like the 2:51AM video showing 'something' nefarious... the alleged cell ping in Martinsville... These are things, that if they existed, the police could act upon. The only way I think there could be a cell ping in Martinsville that the police wouldn't act upon would be if that POI had already admitted to being in that area (or someone with their phone) and had a reason LE can't immediately discount. If someone said they were home with their phone in their possession all morning and LE had a ping on a Martinsville tower (which would show this POI lying), then they'd already be facing charges IMO. That would be the type of leverage LE needs.
    Is this case really going cold or is it being poorly served by an inept law enforcement unit that failed to use the resources (DEA, FBI, ATF) available to them when the evidence was fresh and now they find themselves in a hell of a quagmire. Unless the reach out and admit NOW, this is too big for them to handle, this case will go cold. None of the POIs should have been able to leave that town on June 3 and after without clearance by FBI/DEA and I mean a thorough search of apartments and cars - not to forget the MPOI Tweeting his mouth off as if to say "here I am, come get me."

The Spierers have been more than patient. I'll give LE some credit in that we, the public, don't know everything that is going on behind closed doors. We, as in the public, only see 10 POIs going about their lives as if June 2-3 never happened. That is what enrages me.

This is a college campus and a small town in the summer. This isn't Chicago, Indy, NY. When a police force is too small or inexperienced to handle this alleged homicide case, they resort to the coumy, state and federal law enforcement for assistance. In this case, the whole investigation should have been assisted from day one. The first 72 hours.

Is it me or does anyone else feel like the Spierers got a raw deal?
    "I believe in the sun even when it isn't shining. I believe in love, even when I am alone, I believe in God, even when He is silent.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    No one has found any connection between AA and anyone else in the case. I came up with "MPOI," and am quite sure it is not AA, and pretty sure it is DB.
    So, thinking on this angle, has anyone heard if DB visited JR before/often? I remember HT saying that they (she and LS) spent a lot of time at JR's at some point. The question then was why they hadn't met CR before? Maybe another question is whether they had met DB?
    Last edited by imkeylime; 09-24-2011 at 08:52 AM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Yet another article with info we haven't heard before. I am surprised to see it in The Daily Beast. I'm a subscriber so my version may be customized, not sure; but on my end LS is the first U.S. News article, even before Bill Clinton. This is an exclusive interview with CS by Evie Salomon, the IDS writer who posted the commentary the other day.

About the perp: “I don’t have a visual; I just wonder what this person’s doing with himself all day every day …"

About JW: “He is still close to us, and I feel bad that he’s suffering,” CS added.

"And despite Spierer’s disappearance, several persons of interest have been spotted at football tailgates and around campus drinking and partying. RS questioned how people involved in the case could so easily reengage themselves in normal life."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...interview.html

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast