GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Eight-year-old girl reported missing

The Mitchell Police Department and other authorities are investigating a missing person’s report involving an 8-year-old girl.

[snip]

Nebraska State Patrol Sgt. Monica Bartling has confirmed the girl had been dropped off at the west doors of the Mitchell Elementary School at 8 a.m. this morning. The girl did not show up for school and the school notified her mother that she had not been in school.

[snip]

The girl’s relatives reported that she was last seen in the north parking lot of Mitchell Elementary School around 8 a.m.

[snip]

Bartling said an Amber Alert has not been issued because the NSP does not have any information so far that leads authorities to believe that the girl had been abucted. She said authorities also don’t have other information, such as a possible vehicle or person that the girl could be with that would be able to be provided to citizens.

More: http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/21/news/local_news/doc4e7a720e09102357811149.txt

276489_275996465751841_1196242501_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MISSINGKerra-M-Wilson/275996465751841

what time does school start? isn't that a bit early to drop her off?

who dropped her off? did any other children or teachers see her there?

they must not have video surveillance or they would have a description of a vehicle/person?

According to the school district's website, school starts at 8:05 a.m.

This scares me so much. I watch my little girl every morning until she is safely inside the school. I am not in any way saying anything about the parents, just about my fear of something like this happeniig.

Please, God, let this one have a happy ending.

what time does school start? isn't that a bit early to drop her off?

who dropped her off? did any other children or teachers see her there?

they must not have video surveillance or they would have a description of a vehicle/person?

According to Mitchell Public Schools website, school starts at 8:05.

http://www.mpstigers.com/

ETA: TexasLori beat me! :)

Just reading this has me very concerned and I have been thinking about Kyron, too.

I am hoping some of our google maps savvy sleuthers can help us get the feel for the area around the school. Hopefully that will give us a start on this one.....

Not sure if someone wants to open a scanner thread, but there is audio for Scotts Bluff on RR.

Just reading this has me very concerned and I have been thinking about Kyron, too.

I immediately thought of Kyron. I guess it's hard not to, given the last place they were both seen.

No leads in disappearance of Mitchell elementary third grader

Nebraska State Patrol investigator Monica Bartling says there are no leads in the disappearance of a Mitchell elementary third grader.

Eight year old Kerra M. Wilson of Sioux County was last seen in the parking lot of the elementary school around 8.m. Wednesday after her stepfather dropped her off.

[snip]

Rescue personnel, citizens, a plane with a heat sensor and dogs canvassed the area around the school Wednesday evening without any luck. Members of the Mitchell Volunteer Fire department, CERT members, and citizens were to continue looking Wednesday night and if the girl was not found, Bartling says the search would begin again in the morning.

More: http://kneb.com/index.php?more=jpfa3gjz

I am hoping some of our google maps savvy sleuthers can help us get the feel for the area around the school. Hopefully that will give us a start on this one.....

I believe this is it:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mitch...&cid=0,0,4540331727689359660&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=0

Mitchell is about 10 miles NE of Scottsbluff. You can see that Mitchell is a small town. The school is very near an undeveloped area, with a creek/irrigation ditch and some sort of dirt trail and past that is farmland. Also looks like the school parking lot is relatively small.

Eight year old Kerra M. Wilson of Sioux County was last seen in the parking lot of the elementary school around 8.m. Wednesday after her stepfather dropped her off.

Oh God. I hope this isn't another shady step parent.

Just curious if anyone else can confirm she was dropped off? It does say "Nebraska State Patrol Sgt. Monica Bartling has confirmed the girl had been dropped off at the west doors of the Mitchell Elementary School at 8 a.m. this morning." But we all know Kyron was seen in school, too.

Also curious where the home is in relation to the school? If this was her normal way of getting to school? If anything is missing from her home or school things? Did she have a backpack with her?

Only 6 registered sex offenders in the immediate (6-mile radius) area.

One (M. Rose) lives less than a quarter mile from the school, with a conviction of 1st degree criminal sexual conduct with a minor under 16, back in 1998.

One (L. Salas) has a 1993 conviction for sexual assault of a child. He lives about 3.5 miles from the school.

Oh I don't like reading this! She is the same age as my son and I always make sure he walks into the school building every morning. There are times he wants to ride his bike and drive slowly along side to make sure he gets to school. Stories like this one are my worst nightmare! Prayers that Kerra is found soon!

I did a street view on Google maps, and I don't believe there's any way a stranger could have abducted her and not have been seen, especially at 8:00 if school started at 8:05. Someone would have been out there. It's pretty open, too.

My bet is someone close to/in the family, or someone associated with the school. Those would be my highest priorities at this point.

I am wondering if someone actually witnessed her being dropped off....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back