Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: NE - Kerra M. Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sept 2011 - #1

Mitchell Elementary School
    preK - 6
    Total Students (2009 - 2010): 345
    Fulltime teachers: 25.0
    Student/Teacher Ratio: 13.8

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Regarding Kerra being seen at outside table area at Subway across the street from her school (on NG) -

I wonder if she was being 'bullied' at school, and maybe didn't want to go into school until the last bell rang and would retreat to this area after being dropped off and wait??
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

DH & I handed out and taped up fliers at all the truck stops, gas stations, and hotels and a few 24 hour restaurants on I-25 in our county. We also gave a few stacks to truckers going south to hang along the rest stops and other truck stops south of here. We are located 2 1/2 hours from where she went missing but close enough and a big enough city to where I wanted to get her photo in as front of as many travelers as we could.

Interesting things- every place except for McDonalds let us hang up a flier in their business. The desk clerk at Motel 6 said that there was a flier already sent out to all the Motel 6's and he had it in the break room. He actually went and got it and then my DH asked if they could tape it on the door. The clerk said sure and so it is now hanging on the glass door where guests would go inside. I just thought it was neat that they already had the flier! (just needed a little push to hang it up!) The 2 truck drivers we spoke with had heard she was missing and responded with "oh no she is still missing?" so they said they would keep the word out on the radios tonight along with putting up more fliers on their routes. Everyone was real nice that we talked with and said they would definitely point her picture out to people that came into the businesses. (except mcdonalds. blah!)

OT:

We had 2 fliers left and DH was actually inside a gas station putting one up when our teen son called and said, "Mom, don't freak out but the police are here! Someone hit dad's truck!" So, we rushed home to find 8 police vehicles on our street, a sobriety test in progress, and a car entangled with my DH's truck. Seems 2 drunk kids hit our neighbors jeep, almost ran our 2 neighbors over, and then tangled with my DH's truck a block away. The driver ran off but the passenger stayed and got a trip to the local jail. I of course sat outside in websleuths sleuthing mode and watched as Mr Police officer proceeded to pull some nice bags of what I assume were drugs from under the front seat. Crazy end to our evening. Thankfully no one was hurt!

Thinking and praying for Kerra tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    Regarding Kerra being seen at outside table area at Subway across the street from her school (on NG) -

I wonder if she was being 'bullied' at school, and maybe didn't want to go into school until the last bell rang and would retreat to this area after being dropped off and wait??
    I thought of this too.Someone said on Nancy Grace they thought someone lured her to the picnic table or she met someone there.But she was seen by herself right?I feel maybe she was avoiding or hiding from someone.Waiting for someone to possibly go in the school or leave it and then she would walk to the other entrance to the school to go in.Bullies or possibly even an adult?
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ms Suzanne For This Useful Post:

Per the LE Presser tonight:

Video from surveillance cameras from businesses near the school also does not show Wilson and reports that she had gone to a nearby Subway sandwich restaurant have not been confirmed.

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2...2272603131.txt

9. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

I posted the same question upstream a little bit. If she was dropped off at 8 am, and school bell is at 8:05, why would a kid not just go to the campus and wait with their friends? She apparently did not buy anything in the Subway, and she did not go with any friends, so it seems sad and lonely imo.

It feels to me like she was trying to stay away from the other kids at school for some reason. Either that, or someone lured her over to the Subway that morning. Maybe a friend's older sibling or parent said meet me over there and I will give you 'such and such'...?
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I just don't see how a child could cross a street and walk away from a rather small school at that busy time of the morning and no one notices or thinks to make mention of it to an adult, if they did notice? And what witnesses would see such a young child alone anyplace and not think twice about it? Are the "witnesses" other kids? Or did this really not happen at all?
    Just my opinion, of course.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Update / Media briefing scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday

KNEB will be at the press briefing and will post updates as they happen.

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=ag8vyhzx

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by everyoneneedsavoice View Post
    Per the LE Presser tonight:

Video from surveillance cameras from businesses near the school also does not show Wilson and reports that she had gone to a nearby Subway sandwich restaurant have not been confirmed.

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2...2272603131.txt
    I did not hear that said in the presser, going back to listen again.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY919KyDlZ4&feature=player_embedded&list=P LBB08EA432B6F7C4F"]NSP Briefing on Missing Child - YouTube[/ame]

Wish we could send a list of questions for the morning presser.

ETA: At 10:35 in the video the question about Subway is posed. Sort of unclear whether she is replying to the question about her being seen at Subway or seen at the school.
    Last edited by Knox; 09-23-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I just don't see how a child could cross a street and walk away from a rather small school at that busy time of the morning and no one notices or thinks to make mention of it to an adult, if they did notice? And what witnesses would see such a young child alone anyplace and not think twice about it? Are the "witnesses" other kids? Or did this really not happen at all?
    I'm starting to think this was just a case of mistaken identity and it didn't happen since at the presser it was specifically stated that it had not been confirmed...
    The Subway was RIGHT across the street from the school so I don't think a child sitting there would be so out of place, but apparently the witnesses either weren't sure or this was perhaps a rumor or else LE would have confirmed the siting, no?
    JMO
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

I think she said presser at 9am, and at 3pm as well.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

I'm sure LE has talked with Kerra's teacher, and gotten some sort of feel of her interactions with other children in class. Well, I would hope they have.

Dunno know why - but a 'bullying' scenario popped into my head first after hearing she may have been seen at table area outside subway. Definitely not a good spot for a young girl to sit alone...... who would notice anything with lots of parents dropping children off across the street? Focus would be looking towards the school.
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

I wanna first say that I am sick of this stuff happening to little children. It makes me sick everytime I hear a new story like this.

I read the thread and I gotta say that it reminds me of two recent cases. Kyron was taken just the way this story is unfolding and Nevaeh Buchanan was similiar in my opinion. She wasn't taken from school but she was vunerable and someone knew her.

Ironically, as I am geographically challenged, I googled the distance between Detroit and Gering and Portland and Gering. Both come up approximately 1250 miles. Probably means nothing but I find it is halfway between these two crimes.

I pray for the family of this babe and more than anything for this child. I cannot imagine what she is being subjected to. It is maddening to think of.

BTW, I used Gering Nebraska for my search. I didn't have a city so I used the county seat of Scott's Bluff County.
    Last edited by Gwen; 09-23-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Add info.
    Admitting I am wrong is not in my nature, being wrong is.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gwen For This Useful Post:

I wish we knew whether or not the stepdad or mom made it to work on time that Wednesday
    I'm sure we'll find out soon...
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY919KyDlZ4"]NSP Briefing on Missing Child - YouTube[/ame]

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone, just heard about this case tonight on Nancy Grace. I don't live anywhere near Nebraska, but my ears always go up when I hear of a missing child. Just watched the press conference & two things stood out to me 1) the lady speaker stated that LE would prefer that community volunteers NOT conduct searches because "it could hurt our case" and 2) Kerra could not be entered into AMBER alert because case does not meet the criteria???? Tell me if you disagree, but this seems to scream to me that they think one or both of the parents did something to this child. If LE is already thinking they are building a case, then it would seem they know more than they are saying. And LE apparently does not think an abduction occurred, since they can't enter the info into AMBER alert. Also, odd that the parents did not appear at the press conference - all just IMO.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to StJohn For This Useful Post:

Going to a radio website posted earlier, I followed links to what are evidently sister stations. I wish I had kept track because on one of those was an article about a child molester in Morrin being sentanced for molesting 2 sisters for years, starting when they were 4 and 6. This happened just a day or two before Kerra disappeared.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FLmom777 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StJohn View Post
    Hi everyone, just heard about this case tonight on Nancy Grace. I don't live anywhere near Nebraska, but my ears always go up when I hear of a missing child. Just watched the press conference & two things stood out to me 1) the lady speaker stated that LE would prefer that community volunteers NOT conduct searches because "it could hurt our case" and 2) Kerra could not be entered into AMBER alert because case does not meet the criteria???? Tell me if you disagree, but this seems to scream to me that they think one or both of the parents did something to this child. If LE is already thinking they are building a case, then it would seem they know more than they are saying. And LE apparently does not think an abduction occurred, since they can't enter the info into AMBER alert. Also, odd that the parents did not appear at the press conference - all just IMO.
    I understand your point - but - Amber Alert criteria was not met in this case (Amber Alert needs to be REVISED imo) and maybe parents are totally overwhelmed at this point and cannot speak on camera?

But not sure why LE is advising against community searches.......

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

While LE often does not like volunteers to search, I don't think I have heard them say that it could "hurt their case" before. Maybe they are afraid of volunteers finding and mishandling evidence?
    Just my opinion, of course.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I'm kinda confused about the actual time the parent(s) was/were notified that Kerra was not in school and the time she was reported as missing to LE.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

I understand your point - but - Amber Alert criteria was not met in this case (Amber Alert needs to be REVISED imo) and maybe parents are totally overwhelmed at this point and cannot speak on camera?

But not sure why LE is advising against community searches.......
    Good point, Crocus, having a child go missing, with no news after two days would no doubt be overwhelming and no one knows how they would handle it if they haven't been there, and thankfully I haven't been there.

I agree that a change needs to be made with Amber Alert. Common sense would suggest there is a strong possibility this child could have been abducted.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StJohn For This Useful Post:

I wonder if that truck in the photo belongs to the stepdad?

Sounds similar to the circulated photos of the white truck in Kyron's case.....ugh.

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

I'm kinda confused about the actual time the parent(s) was/were notified that Kerra was not in school and the time she was reported as missing to LE.
    Here is a link to a local news station article in which the school principal states that the mother was notified at noon, then she & the stepfather met with him at 2pm, after which LE was called.

http://http://kneb.com/news/index.php?more=sp6utynp

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StJohn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StJohn View Post
    Here is a link to a local news station article in which the school principal states that the mother was notified at noon, then she & the stepfather met with him at 2pm, after which LE was called.

http://http://kneb.com/news/index.php?more=sp6utynp
    Why would they wait to have a meeting before calling LE? Wait 2 hours? When you find out your child didn't make it to school, and wasn't home with you?

Unless this has been a chronic issue with Kerra? Maybe this isn't the first time she didn't go to school and they thought she'd turn up in one of her "normal" places?
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I question whether the child was actually dropped off at the school....

49. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast