805 users online (79 members and 726 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    The victims in the "Killing Field" in Texas were displayed in burlap too. I have always believed there is a connection to the LISK.

This also brings to mind, Katelyn Markham, Ohio. She disappeared while a carnival was in town. Her body has not been located.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

Burlap bags are also used for sand bags. Would the city have these ready for emergencies? Flood prevention? That might indicate a city worker or maintenance person could be involved in at least some of the murders.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

WOW. SUFFOLK COUNTY PARKS DEPARTMENT uses BURLAP!

Just found this; Burlap use mentioned by Suffolk County Parks Department

Summary of work in Warbler Woods
    Summary: Commissioner Scully stated that Suffolk County Parks has done work in the Warbler Woods area since this Council met last. The PLC was not used for this project. Nick Gibbons went over the specifics of the project for Council members. He stated that the illegal bridge that was found a few months ago was removed. They brought in fill, burlap and filter cloth which was used along the west bank. The cement structures that were pulled out were used to help block illegal vehicle access. They also brought in logs and pulled down the catbriar to help keep people out of that area. He stated that due to the tremendous size of this area enforcement back up is needed to help keep the work that was done in place. He also stated that since all their work there has been continued vandalism of the shoreline protection efforts.

Warlber Woods is a section of the Carman's River in Brookville. Someone had illegally built a bridge across the small river and the Couny Parks Department stepped in to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seaslug44 View Post
    Just found this; Burlap use mentioned by Suffolk County Parks Department

Summary of work in Warbler Woods
    Summary: Commissioner Scully stated that Suffolk County Parks has done work in the Warbler Woods area since this Council met last. The PLC was not used for this project. Nick Gibbons went over the specifics of the project for Council members. He stated that the illegal bridge that was found a few months ago was removed. They brought in fill, burlap and filter cloth which was used along the west bank. The cement structures that were pulled out were used to help block illegal vehicle access. They also brought in logs and pulled down the catbriar to help keep people out of that area. He stated that due to the tremendous size of this area enforcement back up is needed to help keep the work that was done in place. He also stated that since all their work there has been continued vandalism of the shoreline protection efforts.

Warlber Woods is a section of the Carman's River in Brookville. Someone had illegally built a bridge across the small river and the Couny Parks Department stepped in to remove it.
    Wow! You amaze me!

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

Manorville, AFAIK, had no burlap connection. Yes, parts of two Manorville victims were found in both Manorville and Gilgo/Cedar Beach areas but the parts were in trash bags. The two cases, Manorville & GB4 may still be unconnected There has been no ABSOLUTE connection made between the two...just that body parts from two Manorville cases...as opposed to full skeletons wrapped in burlap...were found in trash bags in a deserted stretch of highway and near the GB4.

Quote Originally Posted by truthspider View Post
    As was< Mod Snip> living room burlap rug, as was SY's landscaped hedge wrappings, as was Monaco's feed bags, as was ....
    I dunno. I think the duck hunting angle is a good one and this makes the most sense to me as to where the burlap came from. He wraps his prey in burlap, whether it's fowl or human. If Gadget's theory is true, then dumping the bodies like perhaps depersonalizes them and sends a message of what he thinks of their value in the world.

Maybe he started with garbage bags, but didn't feel his message was coming through?

If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd put money on the hunting theory. It seems to make a lot of sense.
    Last edited by imamaze; 02-15-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: removed name in quote

This may be the source of the burlap.

Look at this:
    http://www.sswa.org/GallerySlideshow.aspx?ID=6&ImgID=42

Notice the "Winter Brant Feeding Program". I believe this picture was taken in 2007, but I can't date it for sure.

I believe that this is a Federally funded program whereby the USFWS arranges for the Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) to deliver bagged surplus grain unfit for human consumption to a regional location on Long Island. It would be bagged in "standard" burlap/jute bags. The administrator of the program (the regional USFWS office) would allow for groups like SSWA, Ducks Unlimited, etc. to pick up the feed for feeding brants in winter months, so they don't starve to death. The hunters like this because they can essentially bait their game. There's probably a rule about not shooting directly off a bait pile or within 10 days of feeding, but hey.

Here's an image of what I believe is a winter bird feeding operation, and what I believe to be jute-bagged, surplus CCC grain (this is not the SSWA):
    http://www.estevanwildlifefederation.com/?page_id=16

http://icwdm.org/handbook/birds/Waterfowl.asp
    Surplus grain to conduct these feeding programs can be obtained from the Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC). People interested in obtaining CCC grain for use in waterfowl damage abatement programs should contact personnel from their local US Fish and Wildlife Service regional office. CCC surplus grain may only be used for the direct feeding of depredating waterfowl or for seeding waterfowl feeding areas. It may not be used to replace grain lost to depredating waterfowl.

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/juris/j0743_44.sgml
    Upon receipt of a report and recommendations based upon an investigation conducted under 90.15, the Secretary shall make a determination that the applicant meets the qualifications for receiving grain. He shall then determine the quantity of grain, either bagged or in bulk, to be made available; the means of transportation; and the point of delivery in the vicinity of the crop damage. Before receiving delivery of such grain the applicant shall execute and deliver to any officer authorized to enforce this part written assurances as follows:
    <p>

This is all part of this program set up by the Federal government in like the 1960s:
    http://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA...lated_laws.pdf
    See sections:
    USE OF SURPLUS GRAIN TO PREVENT WATERFOWL DEPREDATIONS
    REIMBURSEMENT FOR PACKAGING AND TRANSPORTATION
    REQUISTION OF SURPLUS GRAIN TO PREVENT STARVATION OF RESIDENT GAME BIRDS AND WILDLIFE

Source of the burlap

Found it.

http://www.sswa.org/GallerySlideshow...D=18&ImgID=316

Note the burlap camo tablecloth that they're using at their annual show in New Jersey? I wonder who the owner of that is?

OK, here's a group that has an annual event at Cedar Beach (at Gilgo in 2000). They have an annual clay shooting event within a stone's throw of where the Manorville bodies were found. They attend an annual event in New Jersey 30 minutes from where those NJ women were found. This photo is dated 1 year before the Atlantic City slayings, but I guarantee they were there in 2006.

Am I just crazy here?

By the way, I updated my tip to the SCPD.

I attached the file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by inspctrgadget; 02-16-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Again, I know we want to explore all possible burlap connections and I think its critical that we keep doing it.

A week or two ago I had asked how easy it was to obtain burlap from sources that the common man can access and did not get a response other than that it was important that we investigate the possibilities (totally agreed).

However, I just want to put it out there that I just went over to Amazon.com and you can buy potato and racing style 24x40 burlap sacks there as well as burlap rolls. It seems you can buy these products at any number of hardware stores or nursery supply stores as well.

It would be highly interesting to know the exact dimensions of the material and any markings/words/branding because if they were just run of the mill burlap sacks, it seems anyone can obtain them. There could be no connection whatsoever to the person's occupation or hobbies.

And if there is, it could be as simple as that the person works at a hardware store.

Just a thought.
    Last edited by dc20015; 02-16-2012 at 04:48 PM.

IMO burlap equals red herring at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
    IMO burlap equals red herring at this point.
    you know i never thought about it much beyond the purpose of weeding out, but now that you mention it, burlap would be the perfect red herring for a long island serial killer: joel rifkin, landscaping, etc.

On one more note, it looks like the material is dirt cheap, too. Big bags can run like $1/each online. Maybe it was just convenient. Maybe the person already had some around.

I'm sure if LE ever gets tired of receiving tips in this case, they will let the public know Themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dc20015 View Post
    Again, I know we want to explore all possible burlap connections and I think its critical that we keep doing it.......
    In my opinion, this ISN'T just a burlap connection. It's a connection to 3 crime scenes, and burlap.

Quote Originally Posted by inspctrgadget View Post
    In my opinion, this ISN'T just a burlap connection. It's a connection to 3 crime scenes, and burlap.
    I understand that and its one of the reasons I think it is important to keep going with the possible ideas/connections. But I think we ought to also keep in mind that this is an easily-obtained, cheap material that anyone can get. That is all.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast