AS lie detector test

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
From SW 11-164, page 6, lines 10-14:
On July 13, 2011, Detectives H. Lebitski #2079 and D. Hillen #1635 interviewed Adam Shacknai. Later that same day, Detectives Lebitski and Hillen facilitated a polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai with Polygrapher Paul Redden. Redden said based on the analysis of the polygraph charts, he couldn't draw a conclusion, but felt Adam was being truthful during the examination.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-brother-needs-take-another-lie-detector-test
Renowned Polygrapher: Jonah Shacknai's Brother Needs To Take Another Lie Detector Test
Posted on Sep 21, 2011 @ 12:45PM

By Jen Heger
Radar Legal Editor

Trimarco routinely works with law enforcement to conduct lie detector tests. Trimarco said he would be willing to conduct another polygraph test of Adam Shacknai, and any other witnesses in the investigation.

"If the test is inconclusive, as it was in this case, you state that you have no opinion, period, end of discussion. This means you run another test, with new questions. Polygraphers aren't trained to judge people's feelings, it's just not something we do, or have the capability of doing. Adam Shacknai needs to be given another polygraph test," Trimarco says.

From SW 11-164, page 6, lines 10-14:

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...-brother-needs-take-another-lie-detector-test
Renowned Polygrapher: Jonah Shacknai's Brother Needs To Take Another Lie Detector Test
Posted on Sep 21, 2011 @ 12:45PM

By Jen Heger
Radar Legal Editor

But SD LE's polygrapher had a hunch - or a "feeling" - that AS was being truthful. I know Southern Cali has kind of a vibe-y, new age-y rep, but lord-y, I'd hope Law Enforcement is going on more than "feelings" when drawing conclusions..........

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...grapher-recommended-another-lie-detector-test

AdamShacknaiPolygrapherRecommendedAnotherLieDetectorTest

The polygrapher that gave Adam Shacknai his lie detector test, tells RadarOnline.com exclusively, that the results of the test were inconclusive, and that he recommended to the San Diego Sheriff's Department that another test be given.

However, Paul Redden tells RadarOnline.com exclusively: "The test results from the polygraph that I gave Adam Shacknai were inconclusive, therefore, I wasn't able to form an analysis from the results of the polygraph test. Adam did not necessarily pass or fail the test. Whenever I deal with an inconclusive result, I always recommend a follow-up test. I have never been asked to do a follow-up test for Adam Shacknai.

Law enforcement officials stated at the press conference that Adam Shacknai had passed the polygraph test.

When contacted for comment, Jan Caldwell, Public Affairs Director for the San Diego Sheriff's Department said: "We put our evidence out there already, and we have no further comment. We won't be talking to RadarOnline, so don't waste your time calling us anymore," and then promptly hung up the phone.

So someone in the Sheriff's Dept. made the decision to 1) not request another polygraph test and 2) tell the public at the press conference that Adam had passed the test.

If they felt it was a suicide, why didn't they follow up?

your gonna hurt their feelings...:floorlaugh:

But SD LE's polygrapher had a hunch - or a "feeling" - that AS was being truthful. I know Southern Cali has kind of a vibe-y, new age-y rep, but lord-y, I'd hope Law Enforcement is going on more than "feelings" when drawing conclusions..........

All I will say about this is that I think it is REAL hinky that LE gave AS a pass on this inconclusive polygraph test. Especially considering he is the only one around that we know knows about mariners knots. No proof RZ did. And considering he was the only other person we knew to be around the place that night. Real hinky....

SDPD's handling of the case went beyond being just incompetent. It shows they tried their best to cover something up and make the whole case go away.

This begs for an answer to ONE word. WHY???

Bump for further discussion.
However, Paul Redden tells RadarOnline.com exclusively: "The test results from the polygraph that I gave Adam Shacknai were inconclusive, therefore, I wasn't able to form an analysis from the results of the polygraph test. Adam did not necessarily pass or fail the test. Whenever I deal with an inconclusive result, I always recommend a follow-up test. I have never been asked to do a follow-up test for Adam Shacknai.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...grapher-recommended-another-lie-detector-test

Law enforcement officials stated at the press conference that Adam Shacknai had passed the polygraph test.

Other Rule observations:

• Coronado police chief Louis Scanlon spoke to Adam Shacknai, Jonah Shacknai's brother, the only other person investigators said was on the property when Zahau died. Scanlon commiserated with him and Shacknai, who found Zahau's body, cursed, then said “I don't think my bedside manner is that bad …” Rule wrote that Scanlon found his response to be “off the wall.”
  • Investigators amassed mounds of evidence, from the mansion, guesthouse and courtyard – clothing and hair, fingerprints and DNA, knives and paintbrushes – but failed to test all of it or, she wrote, to thoroughly search all of the property's vast grounds.
  • Prominent San Diego attorney Paul Pfingst had a cozy relationship with the Sheriff's Department that could have impacted the case. The former San Diego County District Attorney was allowed behind police tape at the mansion while Zahau's body remained onsite and used an unpublished Sheriff's department phone number to reach Adam Shacknai as he was being questioned. “In 35 or more years of writing about crime scenes, I've never seen a case where a potential defense attorney or someone not actually the current prosecutor would be behind the police ribbons that early in the case,” she said.
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...ebecca-zahau-coronado-spreckels-fatal-friends

Bump for further discussion.

This is another huge nagging thing. Why in the world would they not have re-tested him? Why in the world was NS allowed to make excuses and not do her scheduled test? Doesn't LE have to follow a certain protocol? Follow the leads until they end? If one detective, officer, Sargent decides something must be done, isn't it done?

Worse, is that it was glossed over, lied about. AS passed the test. Not true. MSM blaring this, and SDSO has nothing to say but to tell the Z family that they should cease and desist or they'll "open the file"?

Smacks of wrongdoing....and maybe a cover up.

Always, MOO

This is another huge nagging thing. Why in the world would they not have re-tested him? Why in the world was NS allowed to make excuses and not do her scheduled test? Doesn't LE have to follow a certain protocol? Follow the leads until they end? If one detective, officer, Sargent decides something must be done, isn't it done?

Worse, is that it was glossed over, lied about. AS passed the test. Not true. MSM blaring this, and SDSO has nothing to say but to tell the Z family that they should cease and desist or they'll "open the file"?

Always, MOO

Looks like as soon as Pfingst appeared at the Spreckels mansion and stepped over the line into the crime scene, he used his power and influence to completely alter the direction of the "possible foul play" scenario investigators were taking into Becky's death. Didn't the news first report that investigators had immediately thought Becky suffered a "violent suspicious death"? Then Pfingst shows up, and poof! The police changed tunes and decided within a matter of minutes that Becky committed suicide instead!

Then instead of pursuing a possible homicide, the police asserted fraudulently that Adam "passed the lie detector test", excused Adam from taking another polygraph even though the polygrapher said Adam's polygraph was "inconclusive", Nina was allowed to bypass taking a polygraph altogether, and neither Jonah nor Dina were printed or processed.

Only someone with a vested interest in not seeing justice done would deny that there was gross negligence and misconduct on the part of the police and Pfingst.

As a defense attorney to a POI Adam Shacknai, Pfingst knew he was overstepping his ethical boundaries when he went onto the crime scene. I am surprised he hasn't been charged with tampering with evidence and ethical and legal misconduct.

(Copying my post from the "suicide" thread, as it fits in this discussion.)

I don't think there is any way to "spin" Paul Pfingst's fairly immediate presence on the scene, as innocuous, expected, collaborative, friendly, helpful, or anything similar. And his presence can't be dismissed, either. It's highly significant.

He wasn't just "passing by" either. He was contacted rapidly, just a few hours after the body was discovered, from someone who knew exactly how to get almost immediate personal access to this former prosecutor in private practice. The person who called, IMO, was not flipping thru the yellow pages, or searching google for "find a lawyer." And the person who contacted Paul Pfingst was successful at persuading this high power attorney to literally drop what he was doing for the day, and get in the car to go to the scene. To represent "someone", who we now know was Adam. To "protect his rights", I'm sure.

Paul Pfingst's presence is a huge piece of evidence in how Rebecca's death investigation unfolded in the earliest hours-- imo, and the opinion of many others. It's not innuendo or speculation-- it is factual that he was contacted, he went there, he was photographed inside the crime tape with investigators (and in a "chummy" fashion), he was calling the police station unpublished numbers to intervene/ interfere with the questioning of AS-- who, from Ann Rule's descriptions, didn't even know he HAD an attorney, at that point. And if I'm not mistaken, AS was not even still at the mansion when PP showed up, so an excuse that he came to pick up his client can't even be used.

Attorneys who represent anyone connected with a suspicious death are not permitted to be part of a death investigation or crime scene processing, in any way. That is not their job. He wasn't just "at" the scene-- he was "inside" the scene. That is a clear conflict of interest. Period.

Paul Pfingst's presence and involvement is extremely significant. And he knew he shouldn't have been there, either. He's a former prosecutor, for pete's sake. He was using his recognition and influence, period, imo.

He was there even BEFORE the ME's office responded (lol, it's easier to get a defense attorney than a medical examiner), with the body still there, uncovered and displayed grotesquely to gawkers and news helicopters. He absolutely used his influence to get onto, and inside the scene of what was initially suspected by police to be a murder, and he CONTINUED to use the influence and knowledge from his previous position as DA by making calls into the interrogation rooms (unpublished numbers) at the jail to influence what was happening with Adam Shacknai.

I think this is a very strong argument for conflict of interest and impropriety in the investigation, and I hope the AG's office agrees at some point.

Always, MOO

It only smacks of wrongdoing to those who believe there is a vast conspiracy of multiple law enforcement agencies all corruptly working together to cover-up a murder. That maybe happens in tv fiction.

Polygraphs are purely voluntary and there is an expense involved. The examiner found Adam to be credible. There was an added emotional element in that Max's condition was deteriorating. Emotions can impact the results of a poly. I think the priority of Max's family was to focus on Max.

JMO

It only smacks of wrongdoing to those who believe there is a vast conspiracy of multiple law enforcement agencies all corruptly working together to cover-up a murder. That maybe happens in tv fiction.

Polygraphs are purely voluntary and there is an expense involved. The examiner found Adam to be credible. There was an added emotional element in that Max's condition was deteriorating. Emotions can impact the results of a poly. I think the priority of Max's family was to focus on Max.

JMO
<snipped>
On July 15, 2011, Adam Shacknai was given a lie detector test. Search warrants that were unsealed by a San Diego judge reveal, that: "Detective Lebitski and Detective Hillen facilitated a polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai with Polygrapher Paul Redden. Redden said based on the analysis of the polygraph charts he couldn't draw a conclusion, but felt Adam was being truthful during the examination."

Even though the examiner felt he was being truthful he also stated that he always recommends a follow up test. Which was never given.

<snipped>
On July 15, 2011, Adam Shacknai was given a lie detector test. Search warrants that were unsealed by a San Diego judge reveal, that: "Detective Lebitski and Detective Hillen facilitated a polygraph examination of Adam Shacknai with Polygrapher Paul Redden. Redden said based on the analysis of the polygraph charts he couldn't draw a conclusion, but felt Adam was being truthful during the examination."

Even though the examiner felt he was being truthful he also stated that he always recommends a follow up test. Which was never given.

Radaronline thrives on innuendo. Nowhere have I seen LE say they asked Adam to repeat the poly and he declined. If the examiner thought he was being truthful, it's no surprise that LE decided not to go to the expense of repeating it.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member