GUILTY TX - Dequita Hoefling for stabbing 13yo daughter, Montgomery County, 2011

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...legedly-stabs-teenage-daughter-in-2183379.php

Deputies said the 13-year-old, whose name has not been released, was stabbed multiple times in the back and neck. Deputies said the girl's father took his daughter to the emergency room at Conroe Regional Hospital about 1:30 a.m. Thursday.

She was transferred to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston, where she is in critical condition, but is expected to survive, deputies added.

Dequita Hoefling, 40, is charged with aggravated assault in the alleged attack, which occurred at the home on Kingsway Drive early Thursday morning, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.

This 'mother' was going for the kill!!! She looks like a normal mother and her daughter is so darling. What is going on???

How will this young girl ever get over this???

Wow, according to the yourhoustonnew.com article above, there is a comment posted at 3:20 pm on Thu, Sep 22, 2011 that says the woman works (worked?) at a daycare as a sub...very scary.

I am not defending this mother but for some reason I think she just lost it. Who in their right mind stabs a teenager while they are sleeping? I know that teenagers can just about make you lose your mind and I know sometimes I want to rip my hair out. But that is no excuse for stabbing your child. JMO

Well I don't get it. At all. This woman, this adult, could have walked away, could have sent her daughter to live else where. She could have done a million things and DECIDED to stab her daughter. No Pity for this woman from me.

Once again another crazy mother. I will never understand why there are so many insane and crazy people out there that harm their own children. What ever happened to motherly instincts?????

I found a facebook page under the moms name, can't be too certain it's her, I mean, the womans profile pic looks very much like the pic in the paper. ANyway, it shows that she is recently a grandmother (if this is the woman's profile)...the daughter doesn't really look old enough to have a baby....

ETA: only commented on it because I can't imagine the stress that could possibly be added IF you had a child that was very young when she had a child.

ETA (again) Thanks jjenny! according to the link below, this is not the daughter who had the baby.

Oh bless! In looking at the mum's facebook, there is a picture of this beautiful 13 year old (noted as the aunt of the newborn). She is just precious.

I can't help but think this mom just snapped! I can't think of anything else -- there's just no explanation.

I hope she recovers soon and goes on to live a happy and successful life.

MOO

Mel

Eta: Why was the mother charged with aggravated assault? Shouldn't it be attempted murder? That was obviously her intent (AFAIK).

Ten years? Even if she did all ten this poor young lady will only be in her 20's when her "mom" gets out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back