1223 users online (240 members and 983 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why do Facebook users hate change?

There is a hate in the air that cannot be ignored.

It’s ironic that enough people have turned to the ‘fallback’ social network to lambaste Facebook by tweeting about it, to the point where anger is so clear, the #NewFacebook hashtag is trending worldwide.

With nearly 800 million around the world using Facebook on a regular basis, there is widespread anger over changes to the ‘news feed’ — the stream of information collated on the front page of every Facebook profile — and the overall profile changes.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneratio...e-change/12863

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I have never been a social networker, it's just not my bag. I never even knew what Facebook was, with all my internet experience, until someone encouraged me to join. Btw, the person that encouraged me to join has also been deleted from my friends list. My friends list consists of 6 people. They are people that are actual friends in real life and I seldom log in to Facebook. I have deactivated my account more times than I can even remember. With all of that said, I don't like the way they have changed the news feeds, but it sure doesn't make or break my life in anyway.
    Kaybug

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
    ~ C.S. Lewis

I have enough trouble navigating around this place (due to my own limitations!), much less Facebook! But I must admit, I don't like the changes to the news feed on fb.

I think it's because we all got used to the old one. When the old one was "new" everyone complained too. Not as much as this though. Soon we will all get used to it, then it will change, AGAIN!
    I don't really mind it. Liked the old one much better but I do like that the pics people post are bigger.

I havent been on there much in a few days bit what I did see was my friends hatin' on the change .
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

at this current week they're changing radically in order to try to keep up with google+ going public from invite only. this generally fails when any company does this. they might well give google more users than it would otherwise have.

not impressed with either of 'em myself right now.

LOL - I guess in my old age I just don't like change period. My grown children got me on FB so that we could keep in touch. My thirty something daughter tried to get me to use the Flipboard iPad app for FB the other day and I hated it. Now I don't like FB either. She sent me to Google + and I don't like that either. Wow, I sound pretty negative don't I. I just like being able to quickly go to FB and see what the kids are up to. I only have 52 friends (most are relatives) and have my privacy settings so tight for fear of putting too much info out there.

I know, I find it hilarious. I thought the social networking types were supposed to be the kind to EMBRACE change! I have been on facebook for more than 6 years (wow, that is hard to believe!) and that's one of the things I actually like about the site - constant evolvement and improvement, as well as a million options for customization. If that's not your thing, then fine ... but man I get tired of people freaking out every time they change something! Chill out, adapt, and learn to embrace change ... that's what the Internet is all about!!

Not a FBer, but it's not change people hate, it's enforced change in which they've had no say - especially in an environment which has encouraged users to think of it as "community."

I keep. Mine strictly for close friends and family. Never venture out. Change I just ignore.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

In the last year or so I've started using FB daily. I'm not one of those people who have hundreds of fb friends just to make me feel good. It's all close friends and family.

I have also set up a FB page for our schools P&C (PTA) where we post upcoming fundraisers, minutes from meetings etc.

And when your on it as often as I am, it's annoying that they change it so often. Just as you get the hang of the new changes , they go and change it again. (I've noticed there seems to often be a slight change to google whenever FB changes too)

I think what's most annoying is that you have to keep checking the security settings whenever they change it, because from being on WS I understand the importance of keeping my profile private.....especially since I post lot's of photos of my kids.
    And to anyone who is bothered by the new changes, you can change it back.

another problem the FBers have is they play the games and many of the games still have a lot of kinks in them. then FB turns around and makes these changes but the gamers are still having trouble playing their games. many of them feel FB ought to concentrate on one thing and get it fixed first before they go and add to the confusion with more changes.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Hi DK,

Not a hater here - but I don't like it much either I'll get used to it though. Always do!

Quote Originally Posted by Nefriahaia View Post
    LOL....can I steal it to post on FB?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast