709 users online (133 members and 576 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - 17 Year Old Father Accused Of Abusing Infant Son

And here we go again. In Charlotte, NC, my town, AGAIN! First the triplets now this guy the very same week. I'm losing faith in people, and that depresses me beyond belief.

"According to the police report, Evan Nichols has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault after police say he forcefully shook his infant child Wednesday morning."
    Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz1YjYdutVb
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

By any chance was the child crying? That seems to be the reason for alot of these cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    By any chance was the child crying? That seems to be the reason for alot of these cases.
    I'm sure the baby was I wish he was mature enough to realize he could just walk away and take a breather with the baby in the crib.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    I'm sure the baby was I wish he was mature enough to realize he could just walk away and take a breather with the baby in the crib.
    Don't newborn babies cry to develop their lungs?

I've posted this link many many times. How I wish that ALL hospitals, midwives, birthing centers and doctor's offices would require parents to watch this video. Personally, I wish that every child (as so many children care for infants) would be shown this, starting at about age 10. The Red Cross/YMCA teaches baby-sitting skills to 11-17 year olds and they often use this curriculum. It's essential, IMO. I like it as it fully validates a parent's or a caregiver's exhaustion and sense of being overwhelmed. It teaches simple steps to prevent a tragedy.

http://www.purplecrying.info/

Hi Missizzy. My local hospital finally started the "purple program." However, you only get the purple program if you have a normal delivery experience. With my youngest (6 weeks yesterday), we weren't offered the option of viewing the video or any other components of the program because my son was in NICU for two weeks following his birth.

If you ask me, that's a little backwards. My son came home with colic, a huge surgical incision, and an intolerance to formula. He went from a very quiet hospital unit where the lights were kept dim and he was allowed to sleep as much as he wanted, to a home with three adults and three other kids under the age of 6...you better believe he cried. A lot.

I wonder in this case if baby was crying or not. Not that it is excusable if baby was crying, because come on, we all know, YOU NEVER SHAKE A BABY. But, for some reason that I will never understand, the reflex or instinct with some people seems to be that if an infant is crying, shaking them painfully and violently will make them stop. It's not logical or rational, but there it is. I've begun to wonder if there is any real way to get people to stop shaking babies. The awareness campaigns seem to have helped a little, but not as much as they should have, IMO, since it still happens every day.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    Don't newborn babies cry to develop their lungs?
    Yes, also it helps to expel the mucus in the lungs from when the baby is born.

And MissIzzy, I had never even heard of this! UNTIL, my sister in law had her baby a couple weeks ago. My husband and I said at the same time, "Wow, wish we had seen this" We never abused our son, don't get me wrong, but it was still hard.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ce-digest.html

No new info. Just wanted all links I could find in the thread in case one gets moved later on.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    Ugghhhh why didnt he just walk away!

I can't find any updates on this... I hope the baby's sight recovered The alleged perp was arrested again when he was 19, but I don't know what for.