TX - Mom crashed car, tried to choke infant

noZme

Reaction score
Leander TX

Monissa G. Pirie, 28, is in jail accused of choking her 3-week-old infant in a grocery store parking lot after crashing her car into a wall. Witnesses told police they heard tires squealing and saw Pirie drive around the parking lot at "high rate of speed" before crashing into a wall behind the shopping center. Police said there were no skid marks that would indicate she tried to stop or slow down before hitting the wall.
Pirie was holding her son on her lap and that the infant had a large bruise on his back from where he hit either the steering wheel or the airbag that was deployed on impact.

According to court documents, she then got out of the car and began running, yelling and choking the child. Bystanders told police that the infant was purple when they tackled Pirie and took the child away from her. http://www.statesman.com/news/local/leander-police-mom-crashed-car-tried-to-choke-1871899.html

I hate to say it but some of these folks need to be spayed and neutered. Seriously a 3-week-old baby. I'm glad the baby is okay now.

Yikes, sounds likes bath salts imo.

3 weeks old. What in heaven's name is going on with these mothers?

Unbelievable! I am glad this baby is better.

So this woman was just frantically driving in a parking lot, slammed into a wall with her baby in her lap????? And then was choking it??? WTF seriously? Unbelievable!

Thank God for the bystanders who tackled her and rescued the baby. Horrible.

This is just crazy!!
That must be one tough little baby
Thank God the little boy is alright
Please DO NOT reunite this child with this mother

my first thought is sleep deprivation. That could create a psychotic episode. Not giving her a pass, but rather stating a possible answer.

my first thought is sleep deprivation. That could create a psychotic episode. Not giving her a pass, but rather stating a possible answer.

All mothers go through sleep deprivation. I did 3 times and never once tried to choke my children.

I had several foster babies who were disabled from injuries of being shaken. All were 6-7 weeks old and had young parents . Two of the 3 were shaken by mom .I think sleep deprivation and crying trigger the behavior,but wrong is wrong. Just like most of us wouldn't punch a rude salesperson ,we know not to hurt our children and control ourselves.

I had several foster babies who were disabled from injuries of being shaken. All were 6-7 weeks old and had young parents . Two of the 3 were shaken by mom .I think sleep deprivation and crying trigger the behavior,but wrong is wrong. Just like most of us wouldn't punch a rude salesperson ,we know not to hurt our children and control ourselves.

BBM

You stated exactly what is happening. People are out of control. No one has ever made these women/men control their tempers. They've probably always been allowed to "act out". When they are faced with this little person who doesn't respond to their yelling or warnings, this is what happens.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back