Is Susan Powell's Father in-law (Steven Powell) Involved in her Disappearance?

Is Susan Powell's Father-in-law (Steven Powell) involved in her Disappearance?

• Yes, Steven is directly involved in the disappearance of Susan

Votes: 106 70.2%
  • No, Steven is not directly involved but he knows what happened

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • No, Steven is not involved

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE WEBSLEUTHS POLL FORUM

THIS POLL IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC MEANING NON WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS MAY VOTE

On the latest edition of Websleuths Radio we discussed the latest bizarre development in Susan's case. Although not directly related to the disappearance of Susan Powell, her father-in-law's arrest does raise some interesting questions.

Susan Powell's father in-law has been arrested and charged with having in his possession pictures of naked children among other things.

The poll question this week looks at the possibility of whether Steven Powell is directly involved in Susan's disappearance.

Steven's son Josh (Susan husband) is the main "person of interest" in the case but many believe Daddy Steven knows more about Susan's whereabouts than he lets on.

If you would like to get caught up on the case please read [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=378"] right here in our Susan Powell forum. [/ame]

We will discuss the results of this case next week on Webleuths Radio. 8 PM Eastern.

My instincts say yes he was involved, maybe in the planning stage and most likely in the after part. And that he knows exactly what happened that night and where the remains are. But I don't think he will talk.

I am beginnng to think Josh is his fathers puppet.
IMO, dad did the 'this is what we will do' and Josh said ok.

I'm leaning toward believing that Josh was coached by Steven in how to commit the murder. Possibly poison pancakes had something to do with it. Then I feel that Steven met up with Josh to dispose of Susan's body. I think Steven was 'hands on' at some point because Josh is too much of a wimp to do anything by himself.

I'm leaning toward believing that Josh was coached by Steven in how to commit the murder. Possibly poison pancakes had something to do with it. Then I feel that Steven met up with Josh to dispose of Susan's body. I think Steven was 'hands on' at some point because Josh is too much of a wimp to do anything by himself.

This is exactly what I think happened as well.

Plan A didn't go as planned so JP called daddy and daddy helped him with plan B

I voted yes. I think he was probably just as angry with her about wanting to divorce Josh as Josh was. :maddening:

I voted yes. I think he was probably just as angry with her about wanting to divorce Josh as Josh was. :maddening:
Hi to you Kimster ;}

The news left me thinking the father is a pervert, or at least sexually unstable to have all that *advertiser censored* in his possession.

I don't have any feeling right now about the dad and Josh both in on this crime together. Logic tells me tho if this father had the hots for her and she went missing he could well be involved. That is such a dastardly position he was in, to garner absolutely no respect IMO.

I bet we might learn he finally needed more that photos to satisfy himself and forced himself on her and she died. Just thinking that makes sense. Wish we knew, but I still think the answer to this poll is yes. Ya Ya

I believe that SP is a complete sociopath.
I believe he is involved in Susan's disappearance and probable murder.

I'm just not sure if he was involved with the planning of the crime, the actual commission of the crime, or the covering up of the crime.

But, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was all three.

Right, and in his inflated-ego state, SP saw this as her wanting to leave HIM as he probably believe that one day he could have her as long as she was married to his son. How dare she (he probably thought)!

I really think he is. Somethings not right about that guy.

Oh, I feel so sorry for his wife.

But Josh has been arrested ??? I'm going to have to go back and read to get all the facts down. I wonder if Josh knew about his father's lust for her and that she was killed by him. He just had to get away cause he couldn't say anything to LE. Family, and maybe his dad threatened him. Just typing outloud.

Oh, I feel so sorry for his wife.

But Jason has been arrested ??? I'm going to have to go back and read to get all the facts down. I wonder if Jason knew about his father's lust for her and that she was killed by him. He just had to get away cause he couldn't say anything to LE. Family, and maybe his dad threatened him. Just typing outloud.

I'm lost, who is Jason?

After listening to Tricia's radio show Sunday night, with Susan P's best friend as a guest, I definitely think Steven Powell is involved.

I didn't realize what a jerk he is & what all he was doing until his arrest.... & then the radio show.

If you haven't listened to Sunday's radio talk show, it's fantastic with great guests!

I think Steven Powel is a pervy creep but I do not feel he is directly involved in either the commission of or the planning of Susan Powell's murder or disposal. I do believe that he knows Josh is responsible and I do feel he has assisted Josh after the fact. I also believe he may have a general knowledge of where her body is located.

ETA Steven's arrest has further bostered my suspicions about exactly why Mr. Powell and his daughter are estranged.

I don't think he did the actual crime, but I believe that he was involved in the aftermath and clean-up/cover up. So does that make him directly involved or involved after the fact?? I'm confusing myself at this point.

I believe he was definately involved. JP couldn't have covered his tracks or cleaned up the mess without help. SP didn't turn into a deviant last night. He has kept alot of things hidden until now and the frying pan is getting hot, and they are messing up. JP is going to learn that playing dumb is not going to work much longer.

I believe that he is the one who planned it and told Josh what to do. I think maybe the pancake dinner took so long because Josh was hesitant and nervous while doing what daddy told him he needed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell