Plans For Sex Offender Village In Lake County

Will this prevent child abductions and abuse from the existing offenders in Florida or draw more in? Will this be subsidized by taxpayer dollars?

http://www.wftv.com/news/29286081/detail.html

Well, somebody has to come up with some sort of solution, taxpayer-supported or otherwise. (I wonder. You can't just put up housing for thousands of people and assume they will have paying jobs within commuting distance.)

We love our registries and our bans on sexual offenders living anywhere near schools, churches, parks, etc. Where are they supposed to live?

Well, somebody has to come up with some sort of solution, taxpayer-supported or otherwise. (I wonder. You can't just put up housing for thousands of people and assume they will have paying jobs within commuting distance.)

We love our registries and our bans on sexual offenders living anywhere near schools, churches, parks, etc. Where are they supposed to live?

BBM In JAIL forever. JMO. as a survivor, they need to be put where they can never hurt another again. And I will gladly pay the taxes to support them.

The town she is wanting to move them to is outraged. They say their children live there too!

I can foresee some problems with this idea.

1) There are always those offenders who have children and courts don't always take those children away. They will grow up in a town of sex offenders.

2) Society is too mobile for this to work unless they can be confined to the town. They can always drive to the next town, grab a child, do what they do and go home. Where some other sympathetic offender will give them an alibi.

3) Close association with other anti-system offenders will allow them too much time to organize. They are already doing that on the internet. Ways to change laws, circumvent laws better ways to get victims.

BBM In JAIL forever. JMO. as a survivor, they need to be put where they can never hurt another again. And I will gladly pay the taxes to support them.

I will agree with you if we define "sex offender" more narrowly.

At the moment an RSO may be a college kid who peed behind a bush after a rock concert. (True case involving the daughter of a WS member, discussed here several years ago.)

I will agree with you if we define "sex offender" more narrowly.

At the moment an RSO may be a college kid who peed behind a bush after a rock concert. (True case involving the daughter of a WS member, discussed here several years ago.)

you are right that the term RSO should be well defined. But, and I have a big butt, it is so easy for these creeps to claim I was just..... she looked at me...
I guess I am not the person to judge. It is too close for comfort. I still think those that have offended should be put away. Not a kid whose gal pal is 2 years younger, or a boy and girl kissing in the park. Hope you understand what I meant.

The town she is wanting to move them to is outraged. They say their children live there too!

I can foresee some problems with this idea.

1) There are always those offenders who have children and courts don't always take those children away. They will grow up in a town of sex offenders.

2) Society is too mobile for this to work unless they can be confined to the town. They can always drive to the next town, grab a child, do what they do and go home. Where some other sympathetic offender will give them an alibi.

3) Close association with other anti-system offenders will allow them too much time to organize. They are already doing that on the internet. Ways to change laws, circumvent laws better ways to get victims.

Really well thought out, m!

And we can go a step further and use your list to re-examine our ever growing list of places where RSOs can't live. Whether or not a special town is designated in Florida, we effectively create ghettos of RSOs by so narrowly defining where they many live.

Slightly OT, but my problem with SO registries is that they imply your children are safe with your neighbor as long as he isn't on the list. Alas, that is not true.

Personally, if perverts don't want issues with where to live once convicted, it's easy to solve. Stay away from our children. If it were up to me, anyone who harms a child, especially in a sexual manner, would be jailed and throw away the key. I'm tired of reading about SOs on their third and fourth+ arrests.

ridiculous IMO

she wants to 'sequester' them to make their lives easier IMO

they can bloody well suffer - I for one don't care how difficult it is for them to find housing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back