What have we learned in the case of the WM3?

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
Although my Dad was a Police Officer, this case taught me to teach my son NOT to talk to LE even though he is innocent of whatever they might want to talk to him about

I have stressed to my son to try and "fit in" no matter what so that society would see him as "normal"

I have learned to not trust our judicial system and do all the research on my OWN

I've learned the power of the "gang mentality" can override the common sense and intelligence that God gave most people

I have stressed to my son to try and "fit in" no matter what so that society would see him as "normal"

I think its a shame you felt the need to teach him that. I understand why, but I think it would be better if people didn't judge each other on appearances in the first place.

What have I learned? Never trust a case which built around the confessions of a juvenile.

Money can buy freedom.

People still falsely believe that having an IQ in the 70s makes one profoundly stupid.

People still falsely believe that a person with a diagnosis of schizophrenia will be psychotic 100% of the time.

Some young people believe if they lie about their age that they will appear more intelligent and no one will ever realize they lied.

If you run out of ways to defend a death row inmate, just spin on another suspect for years. After several years, some people will believe this spin. Internet forums are great places to spin such disinformation.

I agree with you Pensfan, the machine behind the defense in this case have really spun this. I think it was mainly the movie, then the people who were doing the artwork for the movie wanted to get in on the action and made the website and guess what more artwork with things people could purchase like t-shirts and posters. Remember Casey Anthony's attorney Hose-A? That's who these defense attorneys remind me of.

There have been old cases that were granted new trials or hearings and the defendant has taken a guilty plea instead of going to trial. Even some who have been on death row. The fact still remains that the test results of 'what's going to prove their innocence' has never been revealed. I doubt that we will ever know that because they can't let that stop their money machine with another new movie coming up and all.

I wonder if Lorri feels like she is babysitting a teenager since Echols has been released on parole? I'm sure she has her hands full and I'm sure she is having her doubts about him. If it were actually true about Misskelley being retarded, then he should be applying for disability benefits instead of worrying about a job. As far as Baldwin goes, he'll never become an attorney because he is like the other two convicted child murderers.

I've learned that people want to judge although they never really know the situation...

I've learned that people really think that fairies and elves will provide enough information to allow three men convicted of murder to fly free.. not the United States Legal system

I havn't learned that from the case but it just reconfirms what I already believe
-there are many wolves in sheeps clothes but there are many sheep in wolves clothes as well
-while I agree with Pensfan Money unfortunately can buy freedom ( I feel that was the case in the Jon Benet Ramsey case for example IMO) in this case it was more like Love & Truth can set you free.
-Love and understanding trumps hate and ignorance and wins in the end.

Some young people believe if they lie about their age that they will appear more intelligent and no one will ever realize they lied.

This point is going straight over my head. Who lied about their age, please?

I learned

1.That young kids and teens need a lawyer present and a parent present whenever they talk to LE.

2. Adults lie.

3. Innocent people can be convicted of crimes they didn't commit.

4. The justice system in USA is terribly flawed.

5. A killer is on the loose.

imo

Never, ever agree to be interviewed by the police without a lawyer present.

I learned that the ego of some people will NEVER allow them to admit they were wrong, no matter what information is in front of them proving they WERE wrong...even if it means the life of 3 human beings...

I've learned:

1) Never allow the police to "question" you at the PD without an attorney with your interest at heart present.

2) Police and other LE personnel can (and do) lie.

3) The justice system is seriously flawed, and IMO the biggest flaw is the jury system. How can we expect a jury of ordinary citizens to hear and understand some of the intricate matters in criminal cases? (BTW, I'm not sure what the "fix" for this problem is, but this case is not the only one which, IMO, demonstrates the problem with juries)

4) There still are some good people in the world who are willing to fund necessary procedures that eventually will allow falsely convicted men to go free.

5) Unfortunately, there are some people who wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit them on the butt, and they therefore never admit when they're wrong.

6) Being/looking different can land you on Death Row.

After reading more of the testimonies on the callahan site and his medical records, Damien Echols is far more disturbed than I previously realized.

Pensfan
_______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

One other important thing that I learned is that two people can read the same information and come to two totally opposite conclusions.

People hate and fear what they don't understand.
I think that is exactly what happened here.
That is the only way they were able to convict 3 kids without any credible evidence.
I think the saddest part is that some people seem to need that hate and actually thrive on it to feel better about whatever it is that made them bitter in the first place.

People hate and fear what they don't understand.
I think that is exactly what happened here.
That is the only way they were able to convict 3 kids without any credible evidence.
I think the saddest part is that some people seem to need that hate and actually thrive on it to feel better about whatever it is that made them bitter in the first place.

I believe that the part I placed in bold represents the genesis for certain sites on the web. I don't understand why some people need to hate something or someone, but apparently some people need to do so. When they continue to spew venom, as they have done in several threads in this forum and on other places on the web, IMO it just makes them look desperate and unintelligent.

This hasn't come up yet, but I have already learned that if a future child dies at the hands of Echols, Baldwin or Misskelley, there will still be some supporters out there who will say that doesn't mean they killed Michael, Steven, and Christopher. :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back