Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr & Mrs Cox are on the Today show. Anne Curry is interviewing them.

Mrs Cox feels it is very possible that SP Knows something. Mr C says he is pleased with the investigation and the police are aware of all aspects of the case. Both say they are shocked. Mrs P says its hard to look at the whole powell family. Mr C says they haven't been able to see the boys and they are pleased that the children are safe and out of the home. Mr. C says they hope the Police are getting closer to resolution and an arrest.

above paraphrased..... I will post link once it is posted to Today's site.

wm

link

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/44668183#44668183

What does that mean? Post in their favor and push their agenda on websites like the Tribune, KSL, and WS?
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52638750-78/powell-anderson-susan-police.html.csp?page=2

(snip)
She said she heard from Powell twice after that — once in April when he and Josh asked her to represent them in the blogosphere (she declined)

Hmmm. So SP and JP were asking people to get on the 'net and post things favorable to them? My, my. I'm sure we've never seen any results of that around here. Right? ;)

I love how news just keeps breaking in this case.

For anyone who missed it. Last night Tricia interviewed Susan's friend Kiirsi. There was some interesting tidbits revealed.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149901"]Websleuths Radio Incredible Information about Susan and Josh Powell - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Wow. No wonder there hasn't been an arrest in this case. SP is nuts. He has been obsessed with Susan from the beginning. All his songs were about her. Crazy.

Frankly, I now have serious doubts about justice for Susan. Unless there is info indicating SP's whereabouts may have been in question when Susan went missing, I still think JP is solely responsible for her death. Perhaps not her disappearance, but her murder, yes.

But the problem is, with a father this kooky, reasonable doubt may be easy - JP just has to bring up his father's bizarre and ridiculously inappropriate behavior regarding Susan, etc. So, LE may need much more than they otherwise would, for an arrest, due to SP's obsessive and frightening behavior.

Wow. No wonder there hasn't been an arrest in this case. SP is nuts. He has been obsessed with Susan from the beginning. All his songs were about her. Crazy.

Frankly, I now have serious doubts about justice for Susan. Unless there is info indicating SP's whereabouts may have been in question when Susan went missing, I still think JP is solely responsible for her death. Perhaps not her disappearance, but her murder, yes.

But the problem is, with a father this kooky, reasonable doubt may be easy - JP just has to bring up his father's bizarre and ridiculously inappropriate behavior regarding Susan, etc. So, LE may need much more than they otherwise would, for an arrest, due to SP's obsessive and frightening behavior.

I don't know. I keep reading this (here), but it doesn't strike me as all that convincing. This is not the Anthony case. Here, the father was nearly 1,000 miles away at the time she disappeared...which in this case, is much more definite. I think if they get enough to charge JP, and his defense tries to suggest SP was involved...they will have a serious uphill battle. And unless there is actual, verifiable, credible evidence placing him closer to the SLC area, they will be laughed out of court.

And I don't think JP will get off by arguing that his daddy was a bad influence on him. I think most juries would listen to that and dislike him even more. He is just not appealing on any level, and that will help sink him.

Hi gitana1! You've gotta listen to the WS radio. Kiisi addresses the question about SP's
whereabouts when Susan went missing. I don't know if we're allowed to post the content of the interview here. There are definately some doozies!!! I just took a break after Kiirsi's interview to pick my jaw up off the floor. :p

wm

Hi gitana1! You've gotta listen to the WS radio. Kiisi addresses the question about SP's
whereabouts when Susan went missing. I don't know if we're allowed to post the content of the interview here. There are definately some doozies!!! I just took a break after Kiirsi's interview to pick my jaw up off the floor. :p

wm

Gonna have to listen that, had a family dinner while it was live and couldn't. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know. I keep reading this (here), but it doesn't strike me as all that convincing. This is not the Anthony case. Here, the father was nearly 1,000 miles away at the time she disappeared...which in this case, is much more definite. I think if they get enough to charge JP, and his defense tries to suggest SP was involved...they will have a serious uphill battle. And unless there is actual, verifiable, credible evidence placing him closer to the SLC area, they will be laughed out of court.

And I don't think JP will get off by arguing that his daddy was a bad influence on him. I think most juries would listen to that and dislike him even more. He is just not appealing on any level, and that will help sink him.

I hope you're right. You make sense, but if there is any question as to SP's whereabouts, we could be in trouble. The article is very good and I hope everyone will read it. Thanks Bessie!

I am listening to the radio broadcast but I don't have time to listen to all of it right now, so, Waltzing Matilda, it would be great if I could get a heads up, as to what Kiirsi said about SP's whereabouts.

wm

gitana1, According to Kiirsi, Le knows but isn't releasing that info at this time.

wm

gitana1, According to Kiirsi, Le knows but isn't releasing that info at this time.

wm

Wow, I just heard. Guys, the broadcast is really worth a listen. What she divulges about Josh's behavior, especially with regard to their sons, prior to Susan's disappearance, and what she divulges regarding issues with SP, and communication between SP and JP in the time prior to the disappearance, is very interesting.

I don't want to give out all the info on this thread until more have had a chance to listen to it firsthand. Plus, I can't possibly explain everything I have heard thus far, from Kiirsi. Wow.

We were posting at the same time! Yes, that too. But didn't she say she didn't know either? Maybe my short term memory needs another cup of java. :lol:

LOL Kimster! you are right, she said she didn't know but LE did but wasn't releasing that info.

You and Tricia did a fabulous job, BTW, as well as the guests!!!:woohoo:
Thank you both!

wm

What does that mean? Post in their favor and push their agenda on websites like the Tribune, KSL, and WS?
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52638750-78/powell-anderson-susan-police.html.csp?page=2

(snip)
She said she heard from Powell twice after that — once in April when he and Josh asked her to represent them in the blogosphere (she declined)

Loved that article. I just knew that a lot of the movement lately was probably at least a partial result of info from the friend. LOL she told it like it was and SP confirmed enough of it that LE was able to find her credible.

Yes I noticed that quote too. Which means it is very possible that 'someone' is representing them the web. Which means that someone very well could be reading here. (Josh got your toothbrush packed? Today just might be the day!)

I did find it interesting that JP went to her instead of to his sis or bro. Or maybe the intention was to get several people doing it.

The WS interview was the best one ever, chock full of information. There is much from this interview to be discussed and verifies so much that posters here have suspected for a long time.

Is it my imagination or do the Cox family seem to be opening up more now? Information is seeming to be flowing out of the Susan camp much more freely. We may see an end soon!? Bless them and LE they have been strong and determined.

And posting here.

Very true and has been suspected before in other cases. And if it happens it happens. LOL I've been here since 2004 and I have never seen any case where any member was able to turn the site from any suspect in any case. LOL sometimes suspicion remains even after LE clears someone.

So if he is posting here, I wish him luck.

ETA: LOL I would even welcome the P's or their reps to post here and would even try to be polite if they did. As long as they gave info in repayment for people listening. It's happened before, and we have found it helpful.

Loved that article. I just knew that a lot of the movement lately was probably at least a partial result of info from the friend. LOL she told it like it was and SP confirmed enough of it that LE was able to find her credible.

Yes I noticed that quote too. Which means it is very possible that 'someone' is representing them the web. Which means that someone very well could be reading here. (Josh got your toothbrush packed? Today just might be the day!)

I did find it interesting that JP went to her instead of to his sis or bro. Or maybe the intention was to get several people doing it.

After Susan first disappeared I was reading on Topix I can't remember where but there were posters saying bad things about Susan. I registered and told the other posters to ignore the mean posts that they were Josh and his Dad. What was amazing was one of them said back to me How do you know ?..I said Common Sense. They are the only ones in the world who ever said anything bad about Susan...LOL they never posted another comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member