Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1443

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,691

    Chuck and Judith Cox file for custody

    Hearing is set for this Wednesday, Sept 28th.

    The Coxes also Friday requested custody of Susan and Josh's two sons, ages 6 and 4, in a nearly 90-page document.
    "We have prepared this custody petition in anticipation of Josh being arrested for the disappearance, kidnapping/murder of our daughter. Obviously, we are hoping against hope and sending out many prayers that our daughter is somehow, some way found alive," the Coxes said in their petition filed Friday.
    The children are currently in protective custody in Washington. Another custody hearing will be held next week.
    Josh Powell did not say a word to reporters as he left the courthouse Friday.

    More at link:
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...-for.html?pg=1

    Declaration of Charles Franklin Cox, Custody Petition
    http://www.deseretnews.com/media/pdf/603540.pdf


  2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,691
    Be careful about posting the granchildren's name. Last week I copied and pasted one of the names by accident and a mod needed to clean it up.


  4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,330
    Is the petition because gramps was arrested for crimes that may have occurred in the home?

    Since JP wasn't arrested, I'm wondering what the basis of the petition is. With SP now in jail, will that be enough to give the children to the Cox's? In short, how does SP being in jail keep JP from raising the boys? Was SP the sole provider, or will JP have to show that he's able to support them.

    I sure hope the children go to the Cox's -- but it could go either way IMHO.

    Keeping fingers crossed!

    Mel


  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,691
    Legal analyst weighs in on Powell custody case
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17402647


  8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,691
    Sheriff's office removed Powell children for safety; 2 judges may review case separately

    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...eparately.html


  10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,476
    Children's Services could now go after JP's assets to care for the children. If he has income they could garnish that.


  12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to UdbCrzy2 For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,294
    Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    Children's Services could now go after JP's assets to care for the children. If he has income they could garnish that.
    That seems to be the operative question ~ does he have any income? Or if he does, is it enough? Where is he going to live and be able to support the kids? Also there would be the issue of child care when he is at work.



    MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,859
    I'm praying for Mr & Mrs Cox and the boys. Sheriff must have good reason to remove boys. Could be pictures..or anything unsafe for the children.

    There is always the possibility of SP getting bail..so the boys would not be able to live at his house.

    I hope boys are getting a much needed break from the insanity they were living in.


  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pferrin For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,294
    Quote Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
    I'm praying for Mr & Mrs Cox and the boys. Sheriff must have good reason to remove boys. Could be pictures..or anything unsafe for the children.

    There is always the possibility of SP getting bail..so the boys would not be able to live at his house.

    I hope boys are getting a much needed break from the insanity they were living in.
    I am also praying the boys will go live with Susan's parents. It is the best place for them.



    MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



  18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,091
    Do we know what TIME the hearing is Wednesday?


    If the boys were taken because of the pictures, that would have been planned ahead of time... CPS would have been the one to do it, not the Sheriff.

    If the boys were taken because of Gpa's arrest, that would have been planned ahead of time... CPS would have been the one to do it, not the Sheriff.

    Neither of those things were surprises once they arrived, they were known for days or weeks ahead of time. It's why they were there.

    What occurred once they got TO the house to arrest Steve... which couldn't wait until the next day?

    Why didn't the Sheriff call CPS and say "We have these concerns, will you come out here first thing in the morning?"

    What did they learn or see upon or just before arriving, that caused them to believe the boys were in danger?


  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    City of Roses, Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,457
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    Do we know what TIME the hearing is Wednesday?


    If the boys were taken because of the pictures, that would have been planned ahead of time... CPS would have been the one to do it, not the Sheriff.

    If the boys were taken because of Gpa's arrest, that would have been planned ahead of time... CPS would have been the one to do it, not the Sheriff.

    Neither of those things were surprises once they arrived, they were known for days or weeks ahead of time. It's why they were there.

    What occurred once they got TO the house to arrest Steve... which couldn't wait until the next day?

    Why didn't the Sheriff call CPS and say "We have these concerns, will you come out here first thing in the morning?"

    What did they learn or see upon or just before arriving, that caused them to believe the boys were in danger?
    Aha! Perhaps that is it. It was not planned to take the boys. Something happened or some condition was seen that made it unsafe for the boys to be there. Did JP say something like, "you'll take the boys over my dead body!" Or, "I'll kill them before I let the Coxes have them!" Were there firearms laying around? Drugs out in the open? Hmmm. Anyone have any ideas?
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian


  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,963
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Aha! Perhaps that is it. It was not planned to take the boys. Something happened or some condition was seen that made it unsafe for the boys to be there. Did JP say something like, "you'll take the boys over my dead body!" Or, "I'll kill them before I let the Coxes have them!" Were there firearms laying around? Drugs out in the open? Hmmm. Anyone have any ideas?
    IDK, but here the sheriff's deputies can call the CPS to come and remove the children immediately, if they believe there is good reason to. It doesn't have to be planned. I have seen them take children in the back of a police car and have someone from CPS meet them at the station to take custody.
    I would think finding thousands of pornographic images, some of them children, in the house where the boys were living, would be reason enough to remove the boys from that home, no matter WHO had legal custody. And if Josh is not working right now, that will not be in his favor.
    I hope the Coxes get custody of them, I hope they are removed from Josh permanently. I know it will be traumatic for them in a way, but most judges will decide that they are better off with family than with strangers.


  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    @TedfordKING5 Olympia WA
    KING TV Olympia Bureau Photographer

    Josh Powell being heard by judge concerning courts jurisdiction #susanpowell t.co/qZCOkdfE
    23 minutes ago
    Direct link to pic: http://yfrog.com/nv9ubbjj

    Judge trying to figure out courts jurisdiction over children at this point #susanpowell
    37 minutes ago

    Josh Powell in court with Chuck Cox concerning custody of 2 kids #susanpowell t.co/7x6q63lH
    50 minutes ago
    Direct link to pic: http://yfrog.com/hwdxbsj

    http://twitter.com/#!/TedfordKING5


  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
    Judge Kathryn Nelson is hearing arguments from an attorney for Chuck and Judy Cox, who are seeking custody of their missing daughter's sons.
    1 minute ago

    http://twitter.com/#!/Brooke4Trib

    Brooke Adams
    @Brooke4Trib Salt Lake City, Utah
    I am a social justice reporter for The Salt Lake Tribune. My beat topics are GRAMA issues, domestic violence, adoption, poverty and child welfare.
    http://www.sltrib.com/Blogs/GRAMA


  28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,700
    I just looked through the Pierce County court docket for Wednesday but can't find the Cox's custody case on there anywhere. So, I'm not sure of the time. I'll keep looking.


  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?
    By Irish_Eyes in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 04:06 AM
  2. Chuck and Judy Cox on Today Show - Dec 2010
    By Jacie Estes in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 04:19 PM
  3. Chuck of Chuck's Bail Bonds arrested on federal charges
    By lynnb in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 05:39 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 04:51 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •