IL IL - Floy Virginia Walls, 51, Warrenville, 26 June 1969

Jenni979

Reaction score
I found Floy Walls listed on the DuPage County, IL "cold-case" website while I was looking for information on Debbie Fijan...

I know that it says "SOLVED" under her picture, but I have not been able to locate ANY information on this case. I found her grave stone on find-a-grave... It's like there was never even a newspaper article on her...

Any ideas that any of you may have on other places that I could look for further information would be appreciated...

(I did find a little blurb written in 2006 stating that the murder was still unsolved at that time, but NOTHING before or after that date.)

Thank you all so much!!!

Jenni979. I had done some research on that case too and was unable to find anything online.

If you are really interested you might want to request the info from DuPage County via the FOIA.

Here is the direct link to request info from DPC via the Freedom of Information act.

hth

http://www.dupageco.org/FOIA/3206/

Thanks, Cubby!!!

I sent of an email to the FoIA officer at the sheriff's office...

It just boggles my mind that there is NOTHING about her, anywhere... I looked her up in the SSDI and NOTHING, looked up the graves near her & found a Sam L. Walls who appears to be her hubby... Tried looking him up (even in the SSDI) and still nothing.

I even searched the June 1969 local papers for an article about a body being located, still NOTHING...

The little blurb on the DPS page says that she was 39 at time of death, but the would have been 49, going by the dates on her headstone...

Grrr!!!!

I just sent off an email for Floy's case file... The officer who wrote me back was very nice. He said that he didn't know exactly how much would be left & in what condition it would be (or if the writing would even be legible) but he said he would do his best.

I wonder how long it will take? I know they have far more pressing things to do that look for a 40+ year old file...

Just got the documents today!!!

It seems that they know who murdrered Floy but the man hanged himself while in prison for another crime, so he could never be tried.

He wrote 3 letters confessing to the crime, admitted it to several people and knew details that only the killer would know. He was in prison for attempting to rape & stab to death another woman at the time of his suicide.

PPV Chicago tribune article, could only get this snippet:

"Daniel Mitchell of the flu Page county sheriff's police said Mrs. Floy Walls, 51, had been stabbed three or four times in the chest. The body was clad only in..."

Also here's the snippet in the link.

"A 51-year-old Wheaton nurse's aid, mother of six and grandmother of 17, was found slain yesterday on a bank of the Du Page river in the forest preserve in Warrenville."

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/chicagotribune/access/614188502.html?dids=614188502:614188502&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:AI&type=historic&date=Jun+28%2C+1969&author=&pub=Chicago+Tribune&desc=NURSE%27S+AID+FOUND+DEAD+IN+DU+PAGE&pqatl=google

I found one article from when she was found-Sam was her husband and died I think it said in 67 but that's basically all I've found as well

Could there have been other attacks or murders by this perp which remain unsolved?

In the neighboring state of Wisconsin the murder of Stephanie Casberg occurred the same year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back