Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

lunsford_aliayah.jpg

3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her home at 6:30 am on Saturday, September 24. The search for her began at 11:30 am that day. Multiple searches have been done with no results.

Aliayah's ears are pierced and she is missing her top four front teeth. She was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms, a pink princess sweatshirt, and no shoes.

Thread #1

I keep checking to see if shes been found.. alot of info came out on NG that we hadnt heard about..My hinky meter has been going off since the beginning, but, Im praying its wrong.. Please be safe Aliayah!

You have to wonder the circumstances of mom having to "borrow" gas. Was it a random person who stopped? or did she call someone and who?
Could you imagine a stranger pulling over and hearing this story?

Article just updated on CNN
Aliayah Lunsford's mother and 9-year-old sister told police they saw the girl around 6 a.m. Saturday in a bedroom in their home in Weston, West Virginia, located between Charleston and Morgantown. The mother said she returned about three hours later to see the girl -- who had been sick the night before -- and take her temperature, but Aliayah wasn't there, Lewis County Sheriff's Lt. David Parks said Monday.

By that time, the girl's stepfather had already been picked up and left for work. The mother got in her car and drove around looking for the child, at one point running out of gas, said Parks. She called police to report Aliayah missing around 11:30 a.m.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/26/justice/west-virginia-missing-child/

You have to wonder the circumstances of mom having to "borrow" gas. Was it a random person who stopped? or did she call someone and who?
Could you imagine a stranger pulling over and hearing this story?

Would be funny if she stopped at the local "crack house" to borrow some gas JUST SAYIN'

If NG is the only one reporting something, I don't believe it for a minute. JMO.

Hi Daisy,

I watched NG tonight and felt it was a very good show. JVM and Marc Klaas reported on baby A's disappearance and did so in a very respectful way. I would encourage you to watch it and let us know if you feel otherwise. I think you will.

I think we have a bit of Haleigh Cummings (river/mobile home), and a bit of Caylee Marie (age, searching for hours (not days though).

I don't understand the mother searching for this 3 year old for 2 hours (and running out of gas no less) in a small town that others say you can drive through in about 5 minutes.

Lots of interesting elements.

Best,

Melanie

The only time myself or any of my siblings got in our parents bed was when we were sick. Mind you that was back in the 50s (can't remember now if it was the 1750s or the 1850s :crazy: ). I shared a room with my brother, Mom never put my brother in her room if I was sick. Two things I hate hearing in a missing person case is "the person was sick" or "we had a fight earlier in the evening". Both sound like a pre-cursor to an alibi.
I'd like to know what the mother did first when she saw the child was no longer in the bed. did she immediately go searching the town? If it were myself, I'd look in every room, under beds, then the immediate outside, not go for a tour of the town. Just saying...

I can see driving around. She's 36 weeks pregnant, with twins, isn't she? A three year old could be miles away at that time - after a brief search of the yard, I'd get the car too.

I don't think I'd wait two hours - maybe half hour. But she's been in trouble with the law a couple times, and as someone else pointed out, when you're a convicted criminal you don't jump at the chance to have cops come to your house.

It sounds like more info is getting out now, and it doesn't seem to me she appears more guilty.

1. Was the stepdad at work on time, in a usual routine?

2. My kids always wanted to sleep alone at that age when they were sick. Babies insisted on being held, but 3 year olds wanted to be left alone in a quiet place.

3. Siblings older than 7 or so would likely sleep past 9:30 on a Saturday.

4. It's very believable that she went in to "check on her" at 9:30. The earlier reporting that she went in to "wake her up" didn't make a lick of sense. You have a sick preschooler, you check on them, you don't intend to go get them out of bed.

I'm believing all of this.

Also in the CNN article:

• LE arrived by noon. One hundred volunteers plus federal, state and local LE on site by end of the first day
  • Bloodhounds detected Aliayah's scent near the river. One handler said she'd been there in the past 3-7 days.
  • Mom captured on surveillance video as she drove around town.
  • No sign of forced entry at the home.
  • "Just about every sex offender in the county" has been checked out.
  • Polygraphs have been administered, but LE not revealing who took them.
  • No POI's at this time. "Everyone is a suspect right now," according to Lewis County Sheriff's Lt. David Parks.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/26/justice/west-virginia-missing-child/

It would be interesting to know IF LE found the thermometer and where. That would either add some credibility to the mother's timeline or show otherwise. In a panic situation the mother wouldn't take time to put the thermometer back where she found it.

:welcome: Dewey2Me1MoThyme!
I'm so glad you've joined us here at WS...I'm so sorry it's under these circumstances.

JeannaT
I have 5 boys all born within 6 yrs and around age 3 they all still wanted to be held snuggled and wrapped up with me when sick. So it depends upon the child.

Locals, where would the surveillance cameras have been located throughout the town?

If she was driving around town, did she have reason to believe someone in particular had taken the child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff