Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    You can't help but wonder that if the owner of the house were the one dead lying on the ground after being cut down form hanging from the balcony, if LE would have respectfully covered the body and protected it from the prying eyes and media?

Just imagine if the PD and others involved in the "investigation" were briefed in a similar fashion to how some media outlets have chosen to report this:

Ok boys, listen up, we have the 32 yr old girlfriend of the owner of this place, MR JS, found hanging in the backyard naked and bound by MR S brother, AS, who had just gotten into town yesterday to provide emotional support his big brother. Two days ago she was here at the house with MR S's only child with his second wife, DS. She was the only adult home and MS reportedly fell from the second floor stair case. He was found non responsive and not breathing. Medical providers were able to regain his heart beat after about 25 minutes. AS was helpful this morning in providing additional information regarding little MS, sadly, he is not likely to survive his injuries. His father left MISS Z a voice message earlier this morning letting her know that MS was not likely to survive.

The doctors treating MS at Rady's have made clear statements to the family that MS's visible injuries do not line up with his condition and there is a possibility the boy was suffocated before his fall. An investigation into his death will now likely be launched.

Obviously, due to the nature of this situation, we need to keep in mind that this family has suffered not one, but two tragic losses and I want us to get in here, get the evidence we need to either put someone on the scene or prove it was just her and get outta here. You can see we are surrounded by news cameras. The longer we are here, the longer they are here. Get in there, get what we need, get out. This family doesn't need the media adding to their misery.

Now if this is how it was presented, or in a similar context, wouldn't that change the way police (or whoever) approached this investigation. No TRUE covering up or malicious intent perhaps? Just a white glove tip toe approach to the situation because of how it was presented? Now did the presenter do wrong by believing the story or possibly being influenced (which is less likely the case IMO) by someone or something.

It really just is so hard for me to believe that this was a true cover up of some sort. I am not saying that is impossible. Just seems unlikely IMO. Sloopy, shoddy, not thorough, misleading etc etc etc? Yes. Definitely. I do think that them being aware of the situation from that perspective would really change they way they handled this. After all, how often are you working a case where a person hanging found hanging had a possible role in the death of a child. That must bring up a detachment or anger of some sort of they knew it as such. All of course, JMO. Thanks for letting me ramble.

SunnieRN, I just LOVE your posts. Thank you.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Peaceful For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by defense101 View Post
    I do have to say though that it is the public showing of RZ that escalated her death to be seen on every MSM whether print media or internet and without it, it would have been quietly swept away and not receive the national attention it has. I would say that LE are kicking themselves now for that, if they had covered her and given her the respect she was due there would not be the angry outcry that has been taking place since they ruled it a suicide.
    I've been wondering why all the random, almost cartoonish visuals at the press conference. After reading your post, it occurs to me that it may have been an attempt to diminish the impact of and focus on the photos of RZ body.

Makes me want to shift emphasis to deconstructing that press conference.

Hoping to hear 911 calls soon.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to CalElliot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elementry View Post
    If the conspiracy theorists turn out to be right, I guess SD LE might be brought up on even more serious charges once the facts of the "investigation" were to come out: incompetence or worse. The stakes are pretty large here, careers would be on the line, so expect Sheriff Gore & Co. to fight it tooth and nail.

I read that he has endorsed the DA in her coming Mayoral bid, so they'll likely be scratching each other's backs.........
    Do you have a link? When did this first occur?

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CalElliot For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    Quote Originally Posted by CalElliot View Post
    Do you have a link? When did this first occur?
    This link does not really answer your questions but found it interesting. I get a "404 Not Found" from this link. Just curious .. anyone know why?

Bonnie Dumanis For Mayor Of San Diego | News
    www.bonnieforsandiego.com/news.htmlCached - Block all www.bonnieforsandiego.com results
    Not helpful? You can block www.bonnieforsandiego.com results when you're signed in to search.www.bonnieforsandiego.com
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    4 days ago Bonnie Dumanis is one of San Diego's most innovative and ... Bonnie Dumanis, a Republican, has been the San Diego County district attorney since 2003...read more ... to help them get elected to their current political office...read more ... San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore Endorses Bonnie Dumanis for ...

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

deanna82437 is offline The dead can't cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them
    Interesting article and in particular the last photo regarding the current sheriff and his support.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...9/18683281.php

"Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent." - Adam Smith

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deanna82437 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deanna82437 View Post
    This link does not really answer your questions but found it interesting. I get a "404 Not Found" from this link. Just curious .. anyone know why?

Bonnie Dumanis For Mayor Of San Diego | News
    www.bonnieforsandiego.com/news.htmlCached - Block all www.bonnieforsandiego.com results
    Not helpful? You can block www.bonnieforsandiego.com results when you're signed in to search.www.bonnieforsandiego.com
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    4 days ago Bonnie Dumanis is one of San Diego's most innovative and ... Bonnie Dumanis, a Republican, has been the San Diego County district attorney since 2003...read more ... to help them get elected to their current political office...read more ... San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore Endorses Bonnie Dumanis for ...
    Thanks. Guess Gore has been backing Dumanis since well before the Shacknai-Zahau deaths.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CalElliot For This Useful Post:

"Cover her face; mine eyes dazzle; she died young."

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cailin Rua For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Well you guys know how I feel, I've stated it over and over. I really believe it was \total ineptitude. But if it were my sister or daughter I'd sue for mental cruelity.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

I want to thank 54 users of this website for thanking me for my statement of 9-27-2011. I have not been here as often as I should as it still is chewing at me this total lack of respect, and of care. I emailed Anne Bremmer my thoughts on this, and have not received a reply not that I expected one, but I do think as part of her investigation for the family this matter needs and demands full disclosure. Thanks again to all of you. It is very much appreciated.
    "What I express here on this Forum is simply my own opinion"

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bonepile For This Useful Post:

Hi All,

Thanks for the thread, Bonepile. I am just as incensed as you and others are that she was left out like that for so long.
    Good God, LE show a little respect!

But, I think it even goes beyond that.

There must be some sort of guidelines, rules or regulations concerning
    coroners/medical examiners.
    I've been looking on the web trying to find out about how soon a coroner/medical examiner should arrive on the scene of a suspicious death and if it would make a difference in being able to accurately calculate time of death.

I did find this and a couple others I didn't link to as they basically said about the same thing, but maybe some of you can find even better sites.

http://jessaminecountycoroner.com/The_Coroner_s_Call.html

Since in most cases the body of the deceased cannot be moved or repositioned until the coroner arrives,

Thanks a bunch, Adam, You #%@*&^%#

it is imperative to arrive at the scene as quickly as possible.

So let's see, AS calls 911 at 6:48 AM. I would think the detectives would have called the ME within an hour there a bouts. Oh, lets give the detectives and hour after being called to the scene by Fire Department / EMT . I might be being a little to generous here. That brings it to 8:45 AM but the ME doesn't arrive until what 8: PM?

That's over 11 hours!

So now we don't know for sure about the blood pooling because it was pretty well set by then.

Last edited by Callie; 10-05-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spacing

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Callie For This Useful Post:

I emailed Anne Bremmer about this issue and received a short/ nice response from her. Hopefully this will be investigated in her quest to get things done for Rebecca's family. One can only hope.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bonepile For This Useful Post:

It's October 2011 now. I can't believe HLN just had the shocking (to this day) pic of Rebecca laying out there like that. Does this mean that for all time they can go on disrespecting the memory of Rebecca with these horrible pics. It's disrespectful to the people who loved her. I don't think I remember when this was something they showed so casually on national tv. It doesn't sit well with me to see that pic flashed every couple of minutes.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Here we are on the 1st of December and we still are waiting for answers to some of the basic questions or should I say the "correct" answers to some basic questions. I have talked this disrespect up with friends in the service, I have talked this disrespect up with friends in the police department and they are astounded with the way the authorities handled this issue, and they are very concerned that it was but a portent of things to come. Hopefully a new independent investigation will bring this to full light, and that these authorities in future will handle things in a responsible and correct way. Rebecca should have been covered up .. not the case of Rebecca.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bonepile For This Useful Post:

I doubt anyone will ever forget the images that were on the news a year ago today...it still makes me want to cry. Such disregard for a human being is unforgivable. I've noticed since then how quickly LE moves to put up tarps, tents something to cover human beings that are deceased. Just yesterday on the news, the traffic helicopter was reporting that LE were putting a tarp over a car with a fatality, and THEY DID NOT SHOW the scene until the tarp was in place. It's the ultimate disgrace to allow her to be left out like that...

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to inthedark14 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast