760 users online (196 members and 564 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TN - David Dickinson, 49, Lewisville, 26 Sept 2011

An evangelist with Kentucky ties has mysteriously vanished in Tennessee and extensive searches to find him have turned up nothing.

On Tuesday, dozens more volunteers joined the search for David Dickinson, a 49-year old-evangelist and father of two who hasn't been seen since early Monday morning.

The Elkton native often travels with his family from church to church. most recently, they were visiting "New Life Tabernacle in Lewisburg, Tennessee, staying behind the church in the family's camper.

Monday morning, Dickinson reportedly told his wife he couldn't sleep. He closed the door to her room and hasn't been seen since. He left without his wallet and his bible. He did take a cell phone, but it now goes straight to voicemail.

Snipped: http://www.lex18.com/news/kentucky-e...g-in-tennessee (Photo & more information at link)

I just saw this on the Memphis news, so I googled it. I hope he's found safe.

Police tracking leads in search for missing preacher

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15581906/p...ssing-preacher

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 5:27 PM EDT
    Updated: Sep 29, 2011 5:32 PM EDT
    Reported by Cynthia Williams

LEWISBURG, TN (WSMV) -It's a mystery that is puzzling police and worrying family members - what happened to a traveling preacher who seemed distraught, then disappeared?

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I wonder if he had been married before and has other family? He's 49 and has 2 children under 10. So he left at approx 7:30am on foot and she waits till the evening to call? What happen to lunch and the whole afternoon? ???? So little information actually.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I wonder if he had been married before and has other family? He's 49 and has 2 children under 10. So he left at approx 7:30am on foot and she waits till the evening to call? What happen to lunch and the whole afternoon? ???? So little information actually.
    Hi! I am new to WS, this case here is what led me to this site.

I know David and his family, good folks.

He has never been married, has not had health problems and according to his wife they were not having any marriage problems. That is what is making this so disturbing.

We all are waiting for more to turn up.

Bird Dog

Can't they ping his phone?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Sounds like it might be a walk-away situation. Perhaps Rev. Dickinson was under stress from constant traveling and speaking responsibilities. He also may have been physically exhausted. Those pressures can cause people to seek escape. I pray he is safe and can be found.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post

He has never been married, has not had health problems and according to his wife they were not having any marriage problems. That is what is making this so disturbing.

Bird Dog
    Welcome Bird Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post

Bird Dog
    I hope they find your friend. His family and friends must be very worried. Do you know if he has a website for his work or if the family-- or a friend has opened a FB page regarding his missing? Have they started a flyer campaign in the area? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Can't they ping his phone?
    You would think Clu. I'm impressed how soon TBI came on board. I'm hoping all the churches in the area get together and help organize (with LE) a huge search for this week-end. Wonder if they have scent dogs out? Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Sounds like it might be a walk-away situation. Perhaps Rev. Dickinson was under stress from constant traveling and speaking responsibilities. He also may have been physically exhausted. Those pressures can cause people to seek escape. I pray he is safe and can be found.
    With the economy the way it is...and his line of work, it may be financial too. Hopefully, Bird Dog can let us know, but curious if he has been a evangelist all his life or maybe lost his job or business and took it up?
    I found a business: D & N Auto Appearance, that he is/was affiliated with.

Monday morning, Dickinson reportedly told his wife he couldn't sleep. He closed the door to her room and hasn't been seen since. He left without his wallet and his bible. He did take a cell phone, but it now goes straight to voicemail.
    Dixon has been known to have health problems in the past, and family says it's totally out of character for him to just take off. However, friends say he had been acting a bit strange Sunday, the day before he disappeared, saying he would be preaching and it appeared to me he lost his train of thought. He would pray, then go back, and that he was just kind of scattered.

http://www.lex18.com/news/kentucky-evangelist-preacher-missing-in-tennessee

Those who know him say he was tired but not one to leave his wife and two young children.
    Now, the search has been suspended, and the police says they are looking at bank records and following up on leads.
    Wife Tammy Dickinson says police have been asking her the tough and obvious questions about the state of the couple's marriage and his health.
    She told police her husband had been tired and restless the night before he disappeared but nothing seemed terribly unusual.
    The Dickinson's have two children - son is 8 and daughter is 6.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15581906/police-tracking-leads-in-search-for-missing-preacher

I'd like to know first of all what his past health problems were. They could be mental or physical given the symptoms. What does being tired have to do with leaving your wife...unless he was tired of her??? Must say, I did wonder about "her room" comment. The search was suspended in less than 24 hours from what I can make out..anyone else find that odd?...and they are asking the wife hard questions. She should take a LDT, imo, and get it out of the way.

Marshals Service called in to help search

Friday, September 30, 2011
    Marshall County Tribune

The U.S. Marshals Service is helping Lewisburg Police investigate its case of the missing evangelist who stepped away from his travel trailer at New Life Family Tabernacle for a morning walk.

"We contacted them to see if there was any assistance they could provide," Police Chief Chuck Forbis said about noon Thursday. "The federal agencies can sometimes get to records that we want to look at quicker than we can, for example banking records."
    Meanwhile, "We still have no signs of foul play or anything like that," Forbis said.

Lewisburg Police Detective Sgt. David Henley described the two unconfirmed sightings.
    * One was at about 8 a.m. Monday when someone fitting his description was reported walking on Cornersville Highway toward Lewisburg's public square.
    * Another unconfirmed sighting was at about 3 p.m. Monday in Chapel Hill where he was seen on foot walking north along Nashville Highway, U.S. 31A. He's been described as wearing a blue button-down shirt and gray pants, Henley said.

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1768941.html

Marshals Service called in to help search

Friday, September 30, 2011
    Marshall County Tribune

The U.S. Marshals Service is helping Lewisburg Police investigate its case of the missing evangelist who stepped away from his travel trailer at New Life Family Tabernacle for a morning walk.

"We contacted them to see if there was any assistance they could provide," Police Chief Chuck Forbis said about noon Thursday. "The federal agencies can sometimes get to records that we want to look at quicker than we can, for example banking records."
    Meanwhile, "We still have no signs of foul play or anything like that," Forbis said.

Lewisburg Police Detective Sgt. David Henley described the two unconfirmed sightings.
    * One was at about 8 a.m. Monday when someone fitting his description was reported walking on Cornersville Highway toward Lewisburg's public square.
    * Another unconfirmed sighting was at about 3 p.m. Monday in Chapel Hill where he was seen on foot walking north along Nashville Highway, U.S. 31A. He's been described as wearing a blue button-down shirt and gray pants, Henley said.

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1768941.html

Case facts

David Dickinson, Evangelist, Age 49
    Hometown: Elkton, KY
    Missing from: Lewisburg, KY
    Dickinson weighs 265 pounds and stands 5 feet 11 inches tall.
    Wearing a blue button-down shirt and gray pants at last sighting.

Please call Lewisburg police at 931-359-4044 if you know his whereabouts.

Wife: Tammy Dickinson -- 2 children, a boy 8 and daughter 6.

Sister: Susan Dickinson

Father: Richard Dickinson

Lives in travel trailer with no permanent address.

Lewisburg Police Chief - Chuck Forbis
    Lewisburg Police Detective - Sgt. David Henley
    Lewisburg Fire Chief - Larry Williams
    Belfast Fire Chief Ricky Cozart - in charge of the search.

Case facts

David Dickinson, Evangelist, Age 49
    Hometown: Elkton, KY
    Missing from: Lewisburg, KY
    Dickinson weighs 265 pounds and stands 5 feet 11 inches tall.
    Wearing a blue button-down shirt and gray pants at last sighting.

Please call Lewisburg police at 931-359-4044 if you know his whereabouts.

Wife: Tammy Dickinson -- 2 children, a boy 8 and daughter 6.

Sister: Susan Dickinson

Father: Richard Dickinson

Lives in travel trailer with no permanent address.

Lewisburg Police Chief - Chuck Forbis
    Lewisburg Police Detective - Sgt. David Henley
    Lewisburg Fire Chief - Larry Williams
    Belfast Fire Chief Ricky Cozart - in charge of the search.

Preacher missing in Marshall County

WSMV-TV

updated 9/27/2011

"It was a good marriage. When he left, he said, 'I love you.' I said, 'I love you,' so that was our last words to each other," said Tammy Dickinson

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44682599/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/t/preacher-missing-marshall-county/

Past tense. Hinky, imo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast