Identified! OH - Rittman, WhtMale UP10279, 18-50, in woods, Sep'11 - Jack Hall

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Rittman police have located human remains in an isolated wooded area, acting on a tip from a resident.

Rittman police say they are still processing the scene, and have launched an investigation.

No information about the remains are available yet and the investigation is still in its very early stage
http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/208728/6/Rittman-Human-remains-found-in-woods

A Rittman resident told newsnet5.com that field is just off of South Main Street along Chippewa Creek.
The Wayne County Coroner and the Bureau of Criminal identification and Investigation Crime Scene Unit spent Tuesday processing the scene.
Police have not yet established the identity, gender, or age of the remains, nor have they determined how long they have been at the scene.
The cause of death also remains under investigation.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...g-human-remains-found-in-rittman#ixzz1ZFYjY31

a hunter made the discovery Tuesday in an isolated, wooded area on the property of the city's expansive Morton Salt facility.

Investigators on the scene have not been able to determine the gender of the badly decomposed body. Thus, there is also no identity or age associated with the remains. The cause of death is still under investigation. http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-human-remains-found-wayne-county-rittman-092811,0,4945261.story

http://rittmanpolice.org/index.php?page=contact-us

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/bci

~this is about 2 miles from where I grew up :-(

Oh my nurse! Do you know of any missing people from the area?

wm

Why is this ringing a bell with me, I wonder???

Oh my nurse! Do you know of any missing people from the area?

wm

well, there are 6-7 ohio people missing currently (in the missing forum) however none of them are from this immediate area. That being said, Cleveland is only 40-45 minutes away as there is access to the interstate near Rittman. Here are threads for those missing in Ohio currently:

OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Katelyn Markham

OH OH Patrick Borally ; FBI looking for this Richmond Heights man missing 26 Sept. 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Pat Borally

OH OH - 3 teenage girls, Parma, 25 September 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
3 teens from Parma

OH OH - James 'Jim' Donofrio, 64, Youngstown, 25 Sept 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Jim Donofrio

OH OH - Caitlin Anderson, 15, London, 26 September, 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Caitlin Anderson

-------

so that is seven that are recently missing

I am trying to figure out which guy was known for leaving his vics in the woods somewhere around there. No one suspected him, he had a cabin in one of the towns....I dont know, perhaps I am blending folks together.

Morton Salt - Google Maps

this is S. Main street woods near the creek on morton salt property where the remains were allegedly found. As a college student I used to work at PCA which was on the same property as MS (it has since closed) but I know this area well.

Morton Salt - Google Maps

zoomed out view (point A being the actual plant). If you scroll up you will see how close to I-76 this is. Lots of truck traffic in and out of the plant area fwiw

Rittman is only 46 miles or so from Cleveland, where Amanda Berry is missing from. By this point, though, I imagine Amanda's remains would be skeletal.

Guess I always get a little twinge of dark hope whenever bodies pop up in Ohio that maybe she's been found......

Rittman is only 46 miles or so from Cleveland, where Amanda Berry is missing from. By this point, though, I imagine Amanda's remains would be skeletal.

Guess I always get a little twinge of dark hope whenever bodies pop up in Ohio that maybe she's been found......

This is slightly OT, but I clicked on your siggy about Amanda Berry and came up with everything BUT info on her. Check it out. Do you have something more up to date I could read?

Nurse, can the general public access that area of the Morton property? Are there any fences or restrictions?

Wayne County Coroner Dr. Amy Jolliff confirms to Fox 8 News that the remains are indeed human, adding that they have almost certainly been at that location for more than six months.

bbm

Fox8 Article 9/28/11

Nurse, can the general public access that area of the Morton property? Are there any fences or restrictions?

they have up no trespassing signs, etc but people go back there... in fact iirc it was a hunter that found the remains... I am not sure if MS allows hunters back there with permission or if this guy was just out there in the woods...

((I hope I am doing this right.... I have never started a thread here before))

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-human-remains-found-wayne-county-rittman-092811,0,4945261.story

Authorities in Wayne County have started an investigation following the discovery of human remains in the city of Rittman, Fox 8's Stacey Frey reports.

According to a spokesperson for the Rittman Police Department, a hunter made the discovery Tuesday in an isolated, wooded area on the property of the city's expansive Morton Salt facility.

Investigators on the scene have not been able to determine the gender of the badly decomposed body. Thus, there is also no identity or age associated with the remains. The cause of death is still under investigation.

Wayne County Coroner Dr. Amy Jolliff confirms to Fox 8 News that the remains are indeed human, adding that they have almost certainly been at that location for more than six months.

thread I started in "up to the minute" that has more links and maps:
Human Remains Found in Rittman, Ohio - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

_________

bbm

Fox8 Article 9/28/11

In your link, this caught my eye:
(maybe this is homicide related)

Dr. Amy Jolliff, the Wayne County coroner who is overseeing the investigation, confirms to Fox 8 News that an initial examination indicated the remains are indeed human, adding they have likely been at that location for more than six months. The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation is also at the scene.

No arrests have yet been made

This is slightly OT, but I clicked on your siggy about Amanda Berry and came up with everything BUT info on her. Check it out. Do you have something more up to date I could read?

Thank you, Trident. I'm embarassed to say I had no idea the site was no more. :(

i wonder how close this is to the wal-mart DS (Venus Stewart's hubby) was at in Ohio. remember she is missing from MI but her hubby had a receipt for tarp or something from a walmart in Ohio. that was one of the things they used to arrest him.

Jeffrey Lee Marcum
AKA: Jeff, Bubby (predominately by family)
Missing Since: 5/6/2011
Sex Male Race White
Age 40 Age 41
(At time missing)
Hgt 6Ft3In Wgt 215
Hair Brown Eye Brown
Ravenswood, Oh

Brian Randal Shaffer
AKA:
Missing Since: 4/1/2006
Sex Male Race White
Age 27 Age 32