Inconsistencies, Contradictions, & Curiosities

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
It's past time that we start compiling all the Powell inconsistencies in one thread.

Saying one thing, then saying the opposite... saying one thing, then doing another... Doing one thing, then denying it was done... When you experience Powell-related cognitive dissonance, post it here!

Support your post with links and quotes please. I'll start off by bringing over a post by Donjeta that motivated me to open this thread (thanks Donjeta! :blowkiss: ):

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7167645&postcount=464"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7167645&postcount=464[/ame]

"As for her father and the charges of voyeurism and possession of child *advertiser censored*, Graves said she has known for a long time that her father had a *advertiser censored* addiction, which is why she had moved to Utah to distance herself from him. The extent of his addiction, however, she said was "appalling" and "shocking." "

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...o-decide-custody-of-Powell-children.html?pg=1

"Josh Powell on Tuesday told the judge he had no knowledge of his father’s activities and nothing to do with his wife’s disappearance. Calling himself a good father, he said his children have been happy, healthy and secure while living with him in his father’s home."

http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/52651411-78/powell-hearing-court-brooke.html.csp

If his estranged daughter knew about SP's *advertiser censored* addiction, how come JP who lived with him doesn't? Either he is a liar or completely oblivious which isn't good for the children either.

"Police said neither Susan nor Joshua Powell called into work Monday to explain their absences. The husband later said he had been confused about what day it was, according to a CBS News report."
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=9307164&sid=4380645

and

According to Kiirsi in her Websleuths radio show Sunday, Josh told Jennifer Graves when she finally got hold of him, that Susan was at work!

If he was confused about what day it was, and really thought it was Sunday, why in the world would he think Susan would be at work? The bank is not open on Sunday and he knew that.

This is not going to solve the case but I find it ironic that Steven Powell writes about Susan solving her cognitive dissonance and apparently his own goes unnoticed.

Steven Powell in a pdf document
http://susanpowell.org/Content/Down...r-Susan-Powell-brainstorm-by-Steve-Powell.pdf

*casts aspersions*
*casts aspersions*
*casts aspersions*

*writes* "I truly don't want to cast aspersions on Susan or her sister D and I would appreciate confidentiality for their sake"

*goes on to cast more aspersions*
*downloads the document containing the aspersions to his website*

Cause, you know, everything on the internet is confidential. :waitasec:

Adding this:
Josh Powell: hangman's noose and sexually explicit/violent picture "if it did exist it would have been put away" would not let son's see it

Noose was actually an exercise handle, Josh Powell said. He said he sent a photo of it to the judge.

Must be difficult to send a photo of something that doesn't exist.

Josh now speaking, repeating that he had no knowledge about his father's activities and didn't dig through his father's personal belongings.

Long said Josh told CPS he has taken photos of people's legs without knowledge and that some of his father's info may be on his computer.

As to LE being greeted by my brother naked at front door. I had no knowledge this happened. I was informed this happened at the bathroom.

Josh Powell denies allegations brought by prosecutors, including the one about his brother. "My brother is a decent, modest person."

brother answering door naked to law enforcement, says law enforcement pounded door, gave him no time to dress

No knowledge of this, but made excuse for it.

copied over from court hearing thread. I hope that is okay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
KevinKIRO Kevin McCarty

Josh Powell re: pics of people's legs, "I do not take any photos of person's body parts"
Um...last time I checked, my legs were part of my body.

Powell said CPS asked if he ever took any photos and he acknowledged taking landscape photos and photos of his sons.

and add this to my post above about what might be on his computers:
Josh: I have been honest with the investigators since the beginning. I simply have no concerns about anything on my computers.

Adding this:
Josh Powell: hangman's noose and sexually explicit/violent picture "if it did exist it would have been put away" would not let son's see it

Noose was actually an exercise handle, Josh Powell said. He said he sent a photo of it to the judge.

I didn't get the notion that he was saying the noose didn't exist, just that it wasn't a noose. The picture didn't exist because if it did he would have put it away as he is a superior father.

Snipped these two tidbits from above since they're a contradiction IMO.

Josh: I have been honest with the investigators since the beginning. I simply have no concerns about anything on my computers.

Long said Josh told CPS he has taken photos of people's legs without knowledge and that some of his father's info may be on his computer.

If he's not concerned about anything untoward being on his computers why does he have the ready excuse that it's his father's?

Josh said he had supervised visits with sons Monday. Older son cried and asked "Why can't I come home? When can I come home?"

He wants the boys left in the foster home, a neutral placement, where they were first taken and which he says they enjoyed.

They enjoyed foster care but cried to come home?

I see this as a contradiction but maybe it doesn't count since it's only a contradiction by omission.

His principal argument against leaving the children with the maternal grandparents was that the grandparents have publicly said they think he knows something about Susan's disappearance.

OK so far. I suppose if I was innocent I wouldn't want my children to go to a family that hates me and thinks I did it.

But... earlier he and his dad spent a lot of bandwidth saying that the maternal grandparents are abusive caretakers. Why not bring that up in custody court. If it was true it would be a good argument against them. But now they would be okay for his sons despite their abusive past, if only they thought Josh was squeaky clean?

I've been going thru the Forensic Astrology thread and reading all the articles there. (There is a goldmine of articles there and boy were our astros correct from the beginning about JP)

Anyway, after learning yesterday that JP took photos of peoples legs I came across this article which made me wonder if JP really did go to a strip club the day Susan disappeared.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700015183/Police-doubt-story-of-Josh-Powell-at-strip-club.html

~Snipped~

"He was just being real loud and making a nuisance of himself," said club co-owner Kimberly Cooper. "He was saying things like, 'You don't know what kind of day I've had.' "

The man, who was wearing a beanie cap, was loud, tried to drink other patrons' drinks and, at one point, was questioned by other patrons about whether he was taking photographs inside the club with his cell phone, a violation of club rules,

I know LE doubted this sighting but now that we know what we know, could it have been Josh after all. And if so, where were the boys? In the car asleep...with SP? I wish we knew SP's whereabouts that day!

MOO

wm

Thanks IM! OOOOO, I have never seen exercise equipment that needed a noose like that.

Disturbing!

wm

Is that a flying dragon next to the noose?? I wonder if it was a prop to make people stop and look up so that SP could get some upskirt photos???

IDK what that is! It looks like a lifesize paper mache project. Weird. and did you notice the roll of toilet paper behind the noose. Speaking of the noose....it appears that a clothes hanger, wrapped in rope is attached to it. IMO, there's no way a clothes hanger is strong enough to pull weights without bending. even if it is wrapped in rope.

MOO

wm

ETA Does anyone know how to take a still shot of that and post it. It would be much appreciated! :)

wm

Is that a flying dragon next to the noose?? I wonder if it was a prop to make people stop and look up so that SP could get some upskirt photos???
It looks like a paper chicken hanging next to the noose... 'Choking The Chicken' artwork? LOL. :chicken: :floorlaugh:
These Powell men are obsessed by sexual perversion ya know.. Just sayin'.

A curiosity... what is the mental status of the sister living with these sick men? Is she a victim in all this perversion? After reading about SP's history with the kids as told by Josh's mother in the divorce records and currently by Jennifer, how could this daughter living with SP be "normal"? I really have to wonder. And what is REALLY going on in that house?

Adding this:

Oh, and he also said the noose was a piece of art.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back