730 users online (100 members and 630 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,376

    Recording of Micheal Jacksons completely impaired state.

    Yesterday during the opening statement of the Conrad Murray trial ,prosecutors played a disturbing recording of Micheal Jackson from
    May10th 2009. Murray recorded this with his Iphone.

    SteelyDan posted this link to the court archives in another thread.

    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/?/c...RIAL&hpt=hp_t2

    Here is one of many articles on the subject.

    http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indus...05373352.story

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,376
    Is propofol that addicting that one would need to ween themselfs off of it? If use is stopped cold turkey are there effects that would cause the body to respond.

    I have been thinking over why Conrad Murray made this recording on May 10th and then turned arround and ordered more on May 12.

    He says he was trying to help Micheal Jackson. Was the recording made to let Micheal hear how he sound when he was on Propofol? Was it made to blackmail MJ and his producers after learning about the insurance for the show?

    I wondered why a doctor would try to assist remove Micheal from an addiction so close to this huge tour ,if his body would react in a stressful way then Conrad Murray had placed himself in a no win position as had Micheal with the propofol and the doctor allegded weaning during this time makes no sence.

    I question why there was not a metered IV machine ,verses a drip pole and the amature set up of it all. Was Micheal having an amature set him up before doctor Murry? Even a bad doctor would want better devices then what was shown to have been used. There wouldnt have been any problem for the doctor to have gotten that stuff so was he trying to make it impossible in a doctors mind to give him propofol and caved to Micheal demand as a last resort? Or was he just being cheap and completely wreckles and didnt care? He had to know something was going to happen.

    What made him record Micheal that way?
    Last edited by Soulmagent; 09-30-2011 at 10:07 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    12,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    Is propofol that addicting that one would need to ween themselfs off of it? If use is stopped cold turkey are there effects that would cause the body to respond.

    I have been thinking over why Conrad Murray made this recording on May 10th and then turned arround and ordered more on May 12.

    He says he was trying to help Micheal Jackson. Was the recording made to let Micheal hear how he sound when he was on Propofol? Was it made to blackmail MJ and his producers after learning about the insurance for the show?

    I wondered why a doctor would try to assist remove Micheal from an addiction so close to this huge tour ,if his body would react in a stressful way then Conrad Murray had placed himself in a no win position as had Micheal with the propofol and the doctor allegded weaning during this time makes no since.

    I question why there was not a metered IV machine ,verses a drip pole and the amature set up of it all. Was Micheal having an amature set him up before doctor Murry? Even a bad doctor would want better devices then what was shown to have been used. There wouldnt have been any problem for the doctor to have gotten that stuff so was he trying to make it impossible in a doctors mind to give him propofol and caved to Micheal demand as a last resort? Or was he just being cheap and completely wreckles and didnt care? He had to know something was going to happen.

    What made him record Micheal that way?
    Respectfully, BBM. I listened to the recording yesterday and that was was my first question. Why would he record it???

  4. #4
    It has been reported that the euphoria caused by propofol is unlike that caused by other sedation agents, "I even remember my first experience using propofol: a young woman who was emerging from a MAC anesthesia[22] looked at me as though I were a masked Brad Pitt and told me that she felt simply wonderful." —C.F. Ward, M.D.[23]
    Propofol has reportedly induced priapism in some individuals.[24][25]
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

    I think MJ wanted CM to record his voicing of goals about the tour during his euphoria as he felt a keen sense of enlightenment on the drug, but later could not remember his thoughts.

    It was because he wanted the tour to be the greatest ever, IMO. He knew that on the drug he was seeing things from a higher plane, but could not remember any of it. Propofil slang for it is "milk of amnesia."

    MOO.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by HatesSociopaths View Post
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

    I think MJ wanted CM to record his voicing of goals about the tour during his euphoria as he felt a keen sense of enlightenment on the drug, but later could not remember his thoughts.

    It was because he wanted the tour to be the greatest ever, IMO. He knew that on the drug he was seeing things from a higher plane, but could not remember any of it. Propofil slang for it is "milk of amnesia."

    MOO.
    I think of all the things I had thought about never did this enter my head. I think you might be right but I would expect there to be more recordings and ones other people had made.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pumpkin Hollow
    Posts
    28,651
    Never heard a voice like that before. Sounded almost post-mortem.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    I think of all the things I had thought about never did this enter my head. I think you might be right but I would expect there to be more recordings and ones other people had made.
    The duration of the high is very short, reportedly. Something like an hour. It might be a very interesting google search to look into what recreational users of the drug have said about it. I'll see what I can find. Anyway, it is likely no one else was around him during this euphoria other than CM. And the other recordings were likely deleted, but this one was a statement of goals that may have been one MJ wanted kept around. MOO.

  8. #8
    [Assessment of the addictive risk of propofol].
    [Article in German]
    Bonnet U.
    Source
    Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie & Klinik für abhängiges Verhalten und Suchtmedizin, LVR-Klinikum Essen, Universität Duisburg/Essen.
    Abstract
    In a survey of American and German medical personnel, the injectable hypnotic propofol was identified as one of the most frequently abused anaesthetics. With the help of MEDLINE, EMBASE, Scopus, Cochrane and internet search, data were sought that permit an assessment of propofol's risk of addiction. The clinical evaluation for hypnotics can usually be made with the scale of Griffith and Johnson. Thereafter, the relative risk of addiction (dependence potential/toxicity) of propofol is rather moderate if compared to phenobarbital. Its addictive potential is somewhat lower than that of lorazepam and cannabis (non-hypnotic reference) approximately in the range of that of triazolam or zopiclon. The few published clinical case reports (n = 8) are mainly from Germany and describe distinct psychological (craving, loss of control, focusing of behaviour on the use and procurement of the substance) and low levels of physical features of addiction (withdrawal symptoms, tolerance). On average, in the case reports 4.25 of 6 criteria of dependence (ICD-10) were met. The consumption of propofol is mainly limited to medical or medical-related occupations. Propofol has yet not arrived on the local black markets. An oral consumption appears not to occur or to be unattractive. The incentive of propofol's "high" (euphoria/relaxation) via the intravenous route is probably underestimated. This is supported by a high mortality rate (46.2 %) in the 78 reports on the consumption of propofol up to date. Forensic analyses consider mainly accidental respiratory arrests to be responsible for the deaths. In summary, propofol is considered to be a primary mental addictive substance that is characteristically intravenously consumed by persons within the medical profession. Because of its apparently narrow safety margin between pleasure and death, propofol is an extraordinary hazard which, unfortunately, is only reflected insufficiently in the scale of Griffith and Johnson.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21809257

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,329
    Quote Originally Posted by HatesSociopaths View Post
    The duration of the high is very short, reportedly. Something like an hour. It might be a very interesting google search to look into what recreational users of the drug have said about it. I'll see what I can find. Anyway, it is likely no one else was around him during this euphoria other than CM. And the other recordings were likely deleted, but this one was a statement of goals that may have been one MJ wanted kept around. MOO.
    I guess this drug is used by many - I had no idea!

    And while many hadn't heard of the drug until after Jackson died, "Anesthesiology News" reported in 2007 that abuse of propofol increased fivefold. Because it's so short-acting, addicts -- typically medical professionals -- may inject themselves dozens of times a day.

    Scary!

    Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...8180902&page=2

  10. #10
    The qualities that make propofol a popular sedative also make it a recreational drug for some in the medical profession. It doesn't show up in standard drug tests in the urine, and with a half-life of only five minutes, it doesn't leave the user groggy or affect behavior in a way that signals a substance-abuse problem.
    ...
    The study cited seven deaths. Dr. Wischmeyer and others in the field say that they know of other cases and estimate that the total number of deaths is at least several dozen in recent years.

    "If you try to count backward from 100 after it's injected, you don't get to 97," says Dr. Wischmeyer. He and others say the drug is safe for hospital patients as long as a medical worker monitors "airway management" and provides oxygen as needed to ensure breathing doesn't stop.

    Anesthetists and users say propofol can bring a brief but captivating high as the sedation wears off. Some call the habit, "dancing with a white rabbit," referring to the drug's color and hallucinogens of the 1960s. Others call it "pronapping," because the drug induces a short rest for medical personnel between long shifts.
    Paul Earley, medical director of Talbott Recovery Campus in Atlanta, which treats many medical professionals for substance abuse, said addictions to opiates and other drugs obscured the growing use of propofol.

    "I was injecting it 50 times a day when I was in my worst period," says an anesthesiologist in the Midwest, who recently completed a stint in rehabilitation to kick the propofol habit. He said he began "pronapping" a couple of years ago while under stress from his job, family and finances. He hid the signs of shooting up by putting a port for a syringe on his leg, where it wasn't visible.

    At night, he would inject the drug into the port in the bathroom, where his wife assumed he was brushing his teeth. "Sometimes it acted so fast, I couldn't get back to bed in time," said the anesthesiologist. He would pass out on the floor, terrifying his wife, and he said that on occasion he broke his nose or cheekbone or sprained a wrist.
    ...
    Propofol is so potent that a tiny amount -- 20 milligrams -- can be the difference between rest and death. "It enters your bloodstream fast, and even highly trained anesthesiologists can't control it, and die. They don't even have seconds to pull out the needle," said Art Zwerling, a registered nurse anesthetist and counselor with the Association of Nurse Anesthetists, a 39,000-member group.
    ...
    Clarence Ward, a California anesthesiologist, wrote in a 2008 article in the California Society of Anesthesiologists bulletin, that too many doctors don't acknowledge abuse. In an interview, he said people die "not necessarily from intent, but from an inability to control a drug that causes abrupt loss of consciousness."
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124951605785809351.html


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North of 49th Parallel
    Posts
    3,859

    Propofol/Recreational Drug?

    ya know I truly hate to burst all your bubbles here..but Profolol is NOT a recreation drug..and if you watch this video showing how it works..you may understand why..ANYONE who uses this drug without proper setting will die..yikes..CANNOT believe some equate this drug with cocaine/barbs/beno's..This drug is meant ONLY for PROFESSION use..and Conrad Murray was conducting a mission of impossible..due to LACK of knowledge, concern and $$$ in his eyes..

    So please get Diprivan/Propofol out your heads as a toy drug..NOpE..Its lethal in the wrong hands!1 Guess I cant say it more clearly..
    here's video`~

    How does a Propofol injection work? Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Dr. Raphael Gershon on CNN

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMJsh0DWSy8"]How does a Propofol injection work? Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Dr. Raphael Gershon on CNN - YouTube[/ame]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,220
    I think Dr. Murray made that recording of MJ while he was under the influence of whatever drug Dr. Murray gave him, and I think he did it without MJ's knowledge. Maybe he wanted a little blackmail as insurance on the job! If I'm not mistaken, I think the doc violated HIPAA, esp if there is no signed consent from MJ for the recording.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I think Dr. Murray made that recording of MJ while he was under the influence of whatever drug Dr. Murray gave him, and I think he did it without MJ's knowledge. Maybe he wanted a little blackmail as insurance on the job! If I'm not mistaken, I think the doc violated HIPAA, esp if there is no signed consent from MJ for the recording.
    Unfortunately we may never know if MJ consented or not; or what the true reason was for Murray to make the recording. I wouldn't imagine, however, that MJ wanted the world to hear him speaking incoherently under the influence of anything.

    MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    20,566
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Unfortunately we may never know if MJ consented or not; or what the true reason was for Murray to make the recording. I wouldn't imagine, however, that MJ wanted the world to hear him speaking incoherently under the influence of anything.

    MOO
    Imo, MJ would never consent to this. Never.

    I agree with Tom Messareau. He thinks Murray was the one that made MJ in this impaired state and then recorded him speaking without MJs knowledge. He believes he did it for the same reasons so many others have done that have betrayed MJ for their own personal financial gain.

    Like Mes said if MJ fired him this would be another way he could make big money selling it to the tabloids. Mes also thinks Murray taped him at other times too and they just haven't found those recordings.

    It did make me think of when Murray called his Texas office that morning and his workers were seen taking boxes out of his warehouse.

    MJ could not have given legal consent anyway because he was in an impaired state of mind.

    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    20,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I think Dr. Murray made that recording of MJ while he was under the influence of whatever drug Dr. Murray gave him, and I think he did it without MJ's knowledge. Maybe he wanted a little blackmail as insurance on the job! If I'm not mistaken, I think the doc violated HIPAA, esp if there is no signed consent from MJ for the recording.
    He violated California law.

    If one is going to be recorded it first must be on the recording that they are giving their consent.

    He had no attentions of asking MJs permission.

    This man is far from what he likes to appear to be.

    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast