Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

lunsford_aliayah.jpg

3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her home at 6:30 am on Saturday, September 24. The search for her began at 11:30 am that day. Multiple searches have been done with no results.

Aliayah's ears are pierced and she is missing her top four front teeth. She was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms, a pink princess sweatshirt, and no shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Info & Support thread
Media Links thread

missing 4 front teeth.. odd due to the fact that top and bottom front teeth come in first... were the rest of the teeth in back missing.. is there a dental record to confirm there was a medical reason for this.. if my 3 year old did not have teeth the erupted on their own then I would have a concern and documented dental or Dr. records...

My little one had severe baby tooth decay.. reasons unknown.. perhaps genetic... they did pull two of the teeth on top not right next to each other and it is imperative that they put a space maintainer in place of the new teeth and the surrounding teeth will not grow properly.. very important.. it is a metal device with little fake teeth that is wired and cemented into mouth.. very secure and does not come out untill permament teeth arrive... it was expensive and insurance did not cover the space maintainer... however I came up with the 400.00 for it due to it was very, very important to prevent braces and possible speech problems in future.. I am very interested if she can prove documentation on why the teeth didnt come in. Three years old and 4 front teeth missing by not erupting through naturally is unheard of no matter what a dr on Nancy Grace states... Dr. would of taken not of it... but in the defense of possible child abuse.. perhaps a fall and teeth knocked out.. however same situation.. space maintaner to fill the space to prevent severe problems in future.. that needs to be investigated which i am sure it will or has been.

one last comment.. if a child is missing .. i would not put photo's up of a girl frowning.. show a happy picture to catch public attention.. maybe camera shy.. but come on at least one picture of a kid with a smile.. to me odd and suspicious.

Mom driving.. very odd... running out of gas seems that she was frantic to drive in a hurry and look for a place to discard a body.. when i am in a rush.. i often just chance the gas needle and hope for the best...state of panic.. one tends not to notice gas gage IMO...

My gut says mommy is a person of great interest.

I hate to think that this babies parents were involved but the very bizarre actions by the mom after she found her missing just does not make sense.

True she was pregnant but she was not disabled!! The first place I would think of looking for my missing child would be my neighbors houses, the yards, etc. If I could not find my baby quickly the next thing I would do is call 911 and jump in my car at that point. I just do not understand why she did not tell anyone close that her daughter was missing. Does not make any sense at all.

Such a sweet little darling and I hate to think that she suffered in some way.

Just heart-breaking. She is just a little older than my little grandson.

I've gone nuts just when he vanished for a couple minutes (he likes to hide and thinks it's funny) If I could not find him in minutes I would be going ballistic. The neighbors would all know. They would see one crazy grandma running down the streets.

I hate to think that this babies parents were involved but the very bizarre actions by the mom after she found her missing just does not make sense.

True she was pregnant but she was not disabled!! The first place I would think of looking for my missing child would be my neighbors houses, the yards, etc. If I could not find my baby quickly the next thing I would do is call 911 and jump in my car at that point. I just do not understand why she did not tell anyone close that her daughter was missing. Does not make any sense at all.

Such a sweet little darling and I hate to think that she suffered in some way.

Just heart-breaking. She is just a little older than my little grandson.

I've gone nuts just when he vanished for a couple minutes (he likes to hide and thinks it's funny) If I could not find him in minutes I would be going ballistic. The neighbors would all know. They would see one crazy grandma running down the streets.

Makes perfect sense to me and a gazillion other normal parents I'm sure. For all Mom knew Aliayah could have been sitting at the kitchen table of some grandmotherly neighbor, eating cookies. Why on earth her first reaction was to jump in the car and drive around for 2 hours without even checking with her neighbors is beyond bizarre and imo beyond anything a normal parent would do.

Bringing over from previous thread to respond:

Such a sad little girl. I am willing to bet my money that she was abused. MOO

I still think she looks like her mouth hurts. It appears to me she is sucking her bottom lip up in the hole where she is missing the top four teeth. Possibly even cramming her tongue up there because the pressure helps lessen the pain, IDK.

Remember being able to look at your own child and tell their mouth hurt when they were teething, even though they could not talk to tell you? Even when they were not crying I could tell their mouths hurt. They have that same look as she does in the picture, to me anyway. I see pain on her face like it is current physical pain.

If the gum area where her teeth are missing had already healed she may have developed a habit of holding her mouth that way, IMO.

We have no way of knowing who was caring for her and should have taken her to get a spacer because we do not know when she lost the teeth. We do know mom was in jail at least once so it is possible she lost the teeth while under somebody else's care and that may be why she never received proper dental care.

JMO

I just hope and pray they find little Aliayah tonight. Nothing else matters, just her!

I still think she looks like her mouth hurts. It appears to me she is sucking her bottom lip up in the hole where she is missing the top four teeth. Possibly even cramming her tongue up there because the pressure helps lessen the pain, IDK.

Remember being able to look at your own child and tell their mouth hurt when they were teething, even though they could not talk to tell you? Even when they were not crying I could tell their mouths hurt. They have that same look as she does in the picture, to me anyway. I see pain on her face like it is current physical pain.

If the gum area where her teeth are missing had already healed she may have developed a habit of holding her mouth that way, IMO.

We have no way of knowing who was caring for her and should have taken her to get a spacer because we do not know when she lost the teeth. We do know mom was in jail at least once so it is possible she lost the teeth while under somebody else's care and that may be why she never received proper dental care.

JMO

I checked and WV does have a decent CHIP program for low income families.
Aliayah should have been able to get free health care including dental.
I still wonder if Mom just snapped . Everybody has their breaking point.
May be the bed got soiled. More laundry again. So many kids to take care off and two more due shortly. Sleep deprived because of three old being sick during the night plus late stage pregnancy. I just can not imagine being responsible for all those young kids and pregnant with twins in a small rental house.
It must be overwhelming. Not making excuses though.
I had two kids, about two decades ago, 4 years apart and it kept me super busy but I was working full time also. My husband passed away when they were very young, pregnant with one and a 3yr old and used to get panic attacks, afraid I could accidentally fall and/or get sick and unable to call for help. I never could imagine hurting them though in any way no matter what.
Kids that young are totally defenseless.

If there is no history of any abuse regarding the other kids, I bet my money on that scenario, Mom just lost it. The abduction/wandering off story is beginning to look less likely however, but still could be true.

I just do not understand why the house was not closed up earlier. With so many parents being involved in their children's abuse and death; wouldn't this be wise. Too many times LE have waited and usually by then whatever evidence is gone or tainted. I know that it is not protocol; but if parents are not guilty, I don't think they would have a problem with this procedure. I'm praying with the FBI involved now that we will have some kind of development.
Too many things that set off the hinky meter:
2 hours of driving-running out of gas (who does this???)
A child being taken from a house FULL of people
A sick child maybe wandering off??? (No sick child wanders from home)
Timeline stinks to high heaven!!
Neighbor did not know child was missing until after LE arrived???(Most people would have asked the neighbors if they had seen her or if they would help look for her).
The only pictures they have show a sad child?? None of her smiling???

Another person posted that they didn't like how people were judging this family and I can understand how they would feel that way; but I also know as well as everyone on WS-that this happens WAY to often to innocent children. I would take any scrutiny and if I had any skeletons in my closet-pull them out! I'd withstand anything in order to find my child!! I'd rather take a bullet than let something happen to my children!
I am so saddened by this: I thought dealing with Haleigh Cummings missing in the same county as I lived and here is this little girl that is missing about an hours drive from where I live now. It is depressing that there are so many children out there that are in danger. This is why my son is hardly ever outside without my being there; it scares me what could happen to him. I wish we could go back to the times of my childhood where we played outside all day and no one ever bothered us; we didn't lock our doors and life was much better. Sorry to babble on and on. This is so depressing and tragic. This little girl has my heart; May God bring her home safe!!! We need a miracle.

JMO

I think the mom probably could not afford the cost of the dental work. I am not holding up for her but with all of those children and probably not very much money she couldn't pay for it. Dental work is so expensive. I live in Missouri and the county I live in has a Smile Mobile where 4 dentists take turns and do dental work on children according to income of the parents and alot of it for free. Very nice service in our community, my daughter had bad teeth when she was about the same age and had 2 front teeth pulled it wasen't from bottle rot but due to medicine I had to take for severe UTI's when I was pregnant. She did have the little retainer but my insurance paid for half and me and my parents paid the other half. Then she went on to needing braces later. I tease her she has a 5000 dollor mouth but she has beautiful teeth. Thank God I has the dental insurance thru my job and generous parents to help me but not everyone is so lucky. I hope they find this sweetie but I fear it is bad and I do think the mom knows more than she is saying

Prayers to baby A and the twins that will soon join this world.

Mel

Prayers to baby A and the twins that will soon join this world.

Mel

I hope and pray they come into a better world than big sister. Precious Aliayah. I hope the others soon have a better world. This has to be hard on them too.

If this little girl is 3 i dont see anything wrong with her loosing her teeth that is something that all kids do has nothing to do with money and going to the dentist you'll have to take that up with good old mother nature i believe as thats just the way life works.

If this little girl is 3 i dont see anything wrong with her loosing her teeth that is something that all kids do has nothing to do with money and going to the dentist you'll have to take that up with good old mother nature i believe as thats just the way life works.

Its early and a child looses their baby teeth in the same order they came in. There are a lot of other reasons she could have lost them early. A calcium deficiency in the mother can cause it as well as other deficiencies. She could have fallen. Never know.

Baby teeth: When do children start losing them?

At what age do children start losing their baby teeth?

Answer from Alan Carr, D.M.D.

Baby teeth diagram

A child's baby teeth (primary teeth) begin to loosen and fall out on their own to make room for permanent teeth at about age 6. Timing can vary, though, and girls generally lose baby teeth earlier than do boys. The last baby teeth typically fall out by age 12 or 13.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/baby-teeth/AN00355

I just hope they find her today. It isn't looking good.

Still nothing this morning? I was sure there would be 'something' by now *sigh*

Me too! I hope they let us know something this morning.

It's very frustrating, when imo, they do have some kind of evidence, or at least idea as to what happened to her. I can't help but feel they 'know', but they just need to tie up all the loose ends before going public, which is totally understandable, things have to be done correctly.

It's very frustrating, when imo, they do have some kind of evidence, or at least idea as to what happened to her. I can't help but feel they 'know', but they just need to tie up all the loose ends before going public, which is totally understandable, things have to be done correctly.

I agree. I wonder if the twins have been born yet. I'm concerned with all that is going on. I hope they will be healthy.

My son lost his teeth early, and unfortunately his other teeth were not spaced correctly. So we had to go the whole orthadonic/space/jaw widener route by the time he was ready for Kindegarten. I never woulda thunk.

I think each of us have different experiences we can bring. I don't wanna pass judgement just yet. I'm still trying to sort out the 2 hour tour :(

MOO

Mel

I agree. I wonder if the twins have been born yet. I'm concerned with all that is going on. I hope they will be healthy.

I hope they will be, I'm even more concerned about how their life will be after they are born in all honesty :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv