Germany -Parents go to concert, leave baby in trunk -NEUMUNSTER Sep 9, 2011

JeannieC

Reaction score
NEUMUNSTER, Germany - A German couple who locked their eight-month-old baby in the trunk of their car while attending a pop concert appealed Friday for the child to be returned from foster care, the newspaper Schleswig-Holsteiner Zeitung reported.

The parents earned notoriety in Germany last month when they drove more than 435 miles (700 kilometers) from the home in Neumunster, northern Germany, to the southern city of Stuttgart to attend a concert. They placed the baby boy in the trunk of the car, among discarded diapers, food and dirty laundry.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/off...ending-pop-concert-ncxdc-090911#ixzz1ZKV5b1mz

Can you imagine! Eight Months old and left in a trunk for a 7 hour concert. Thank God people heard the baby crying!

Now they want their baby back!

This is disgusting.I'm German so I know first hand that the state provides all kinds of help to its citizens.These sorry excuses of so called "parents" have a dangerous combination of no education and complete immaturity.They were on welfare and the German welfare system takes really good care of people.They had way more resources than people who work.She had her first baby when she was 15,that baby is being raised by the grandparents.
These idiots should be behind bars instead they are on German talk shows blaming their caseworker.Their excuse is that they told the caseworker they had tickets to the concert but the caseworker failed to provide care for the baby.This is unbelievable.
They also claimed they were going to check on the baby (how considerate of them) during the concert but security would not let them exit .....
I'm so glad the baby did not die.They should be in prison and not only should they never ever get the baby back,they should not ever have another baby again.
They live off the state's money,have a nice car,internet,money enough to buy concert tickets,caseworkers that checked on the baby's welfare .....omg,I'm just so upset about this.

This is disgusting.I'm German so I know first hand that the state provides all kinds of help to its citizens.These sorry excuses of so called "parents" have a dangerous combination of no education and complete immaturity.They were on welfare and the German welfare system takes really good care of people.They had way more resources than people who work.She had her first baby when she was 15,that baby is being raised by the grandparents.
These idiots should be behind bars instead they are on German talk shows blaming their caseworker.Their excuse is that they told the caseworker they had tickets to the concert but the caseworker failed to provide care for the baby.This is unbelievable.
They also claimed they were going to check on the baby (how considerate of them) during the concert but security would not let them exit .....
I'm so glad the baby did not die.They should be in prison and not only should they never ever get the baby back,they should not ever have another baby again.

They live off the state's money,have a nice car,internet,money enough to buy concert tickets,caseworkers that checked on the baby's welfare .....omg,I'm just so upset about this.

Thank you so much for coming on and explaining all that is happening. So they have actually been on talk shows blaming the caseworker? Do they think the caseworker is suppose to be their babysitter?

Unbelievable......How important could any concert be. That precious baby!

blank.gif

I think it was actually just one interview on TV and they were posting about it on facebook.
They really acted as if it wasn't really THAT bad and they are actually allowed to visit the baby already!!!!They have to take parenting classes and it looks like they might get the baby back!! The case worker would come to their house twice a week to make sure the baby was ok.The first time she had a baby they determined the couple was not ready to take care of the baby so the grandparents took custody.

I really hope this young couple has come to reality. They could have killed that baby or left the baby brain damaged from the heat.

Parenting classes might help but "common sense" has a roll in it too. Being a parent means putting that child first. Are they mature enough to do that? I'm not sure at this point. I certainly hope and pray that they are.

So - did I miss this? - who was playing? (Not that seeing anybody's worth putting the baby in the trunk.)

From the link in the OP:

They placed the baby boy in the trunk of the car, among discarded diapers, food and dirty laundry.

Passersby heard the sound of a baby screaming and alerted police. But when an announcer at the concert asked the parents to make themselves known, they did not respond. Police eventually smashed their way into the vehicle and saved the child, who was sweating badly and was hospitalized.

But the boy's 18-year-old mother defended her actions Friday, saying that she kept the window of the car open and parked in the shade. She called for her child to be returned from foster care, saying, "I want my baby back."

What nerve!! I hope this child is never returned to them.

From the link in the OP:

They placed the baby boy in the trunk of the car, among discarded diapers, food and dirty laundry.

Passersby heard the sound of a baby screaming and alerted police. But when an announcer at the concert asked the parents to make themselves known, they did not respond. Police eventually smashed their way into the vehicle and saved the child, who was sweating badly and was hospitalized.

But the boy's 18-year-old mother defended her actions Friday, saying that she kept the window of the car open and parked in the shade. She called for her child to be returned from foster care, saying, "I want my baby back."

What nerve!! I hope this child is never returned to them.

Lets lock her in the trunk of a car with dirty diapers, dirty laundry, and food while we go to a 7 hour concert. We'll be sure to park in the shade and leave a window open.

I don't think this couple should get this baby back. She's showing no remorse and still seems to think it was okay.........like she is being wronged!

God help her!

From the link in the OP:

But the boy's 18-year-old mother defended her actions Friday, saying that she kept the window of the car open and parked in the shade.She called for her child to be returned from foster care, saying, "I want my baby back."

So? Kids in the trunk, and last time I checked, even if the window is down the trunk is blocked off by the back seat.

She's a idiot and so is her husband. They could have killed that child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back