Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    If LE doesn't believe that a crime was committed then why not tell the public what Gail was last wearing as someone so kindly brought up earlier in this thread? LE has told the public basically nothing in this case and I've never seen a case of a missing person without LE giving more detail and keeping the public informed of the progress that has been made. The justice system in TN leaves a lot to be desired. None of it down there in TN makes any sense and I love that state, but hate the justice system.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond

Possibly Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    If LE doesn't believe that a crime was committed then why not tell the public what Gail was last wearing as someone so kindly brought up earlier in this thread? LE has told the public basically nothing in this case and I've never seen a case of a missing person without LE giving more detail and keeping the public informed of the progress that has been made. The justice system in TN leaves a lot to be desired. None of it down there in TN makes any sense and I love that state, but hate the justice system.
    BBM

What is the probability LE does not know what Gail was wearing when she seemingly vanished without a trace?

By the way, I love TN too!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiln Wood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_61 View Post
    One thing that stands out from the links is that lack of funds and resources plays a huge part in why so many missing person cases canít be investigated deeper. It really is making it so easy for criminals to dispose of people and get away with it, all you need to do is make sure there is no sign of foul play and you are pretty much home free. Sometimes it seems the laws that are meant to be there to protect everyday citizens are becoming more about protecting criminals. The LE really do have their hands tied a lot of times when it comes to making a call on how much time they can spend on a case, gut instinct no longer can play as big a part in solving crime these days.

As someone who lives a pretty dull ordinary life I canít understand why anyone who has a missing family member would object to talking to LE, having the LE enter and search my place. Even though I know it is my right to refuse to talk etc. my personal feeling is, if I have nothing to hide why stop the LE from
    doing their job. It would give me peace of mind to be able to walk around with my head held high knowing I had done all I could to help the LE and prevent finger pointing. Also would help the LE from wasting valuable resources trying to work out if I was up to no good. Just some thoughts after reading all those links.

Again sorry for the late reply to a post...I am about to turn into a pumkin so will say good night.
    I agree. Why not talk to LE if you know she just left? Why would the mother-in-law need a lawyer's presence if Gail just left on her own accord? It just looks like they have something to hide. Don't they realize this?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to McSpy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    BBM

What is the probability LE does not know what Gail was wearing when she seemingly vanished without a trace?

Since the kids were not allowed to talk to LE, I doubt anyone else knew what she was wearing. The kids were the last people to have seen her.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to McSpy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    Missing Person > Personal Crimes > CID.

That it's a MP case is a fact - we have that from LE multiple times.
    That it's assigned to CID is a fact - that's been reported and is on the HCSO website.
    It's a simple thing to click on the website and see that MP fall within the PC unit of the CID.
    Being labeled a missing person is not carved in stone. The status can change in a heart beat. LE simply doesn't know what happened to her. They could privately have their own ideas on what happened to her though. They often do.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McSpy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by glorias View Post
    What has become completely overwhelming to me since I started following the case is the sheer number of women who disappear, whose husband state the women just ran off because of marital strife. So many people seem to think it's very common for a woman to disappear, leave behind family and children and friends, abandon money and valuables and sentimental items, get a new name and new social security number and hide for the rest of their days.

In my world, it's common to get a divorce, not to disappear without a trace. As I said, that's my world, which apparently is not the real world if this case is any indication.

Then LE doesn't do any timely searches, doesn't interview the people closest to Gail, doesn't release even basic information like what Gail was wearing or what direction she was traveling so
    people could be on the lookout for her, then LE proclaims to the media that they have no evidence of anything. Of course they don't have any evidence of anything. Who would under those circumstances?
    If you read the circumstances in missing womens' lives before they disappeared, they were often in an estranged marriage or in a troubled realationship of some sort. Some of these women have been missing for decades. Often you would see their status change from "missing person" to "endangered missing" with LE thinking it was foul play years or decades after the disappearance.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McSpy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by glorias View Post
    For what it's worth, HCSO investigates domestic abuse via the Criminal Investigation Division.

http://www.hcsheriff.gov/cid/dv.asp

ETA: Here's part of the HCSO webpage on what victims should do. Hope it formats properly:
    Now, this would have been a good question for the children to answer. They could have seen Gail packing a bag, putting papers in an envelope, or doing any number of things from the list. Since LE wasn't allowed to ask the kids any questions, no one knows if she was preparing to leave.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to McSpy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbunny View Post
    There is no doubt that Gail was planning to make her break from the marriage, after all people seem to forget she setup a new PO Box which I believe MP found out about. If it was a local PO Box then that would tell me that she was planning a divorce and not planning to split and leave her children behind. That's something for LE to consider when trying to figure out if she did leave on her own. I for one don't think she did leave on her own or her siblings would have heard from her by now. Sometimes its the little suttle things that are found that start to tell the story.
    Good observation! Although, I don't think it is impossible she didn't leave on her own accord, but these little subtle details do tell us she was making plans for the divorce. I don't doubt she was emotional and depressed at the time, but the fact that she was also scared makes me think of foul play.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to McSpy For This Useful Post:

Baby in tow so have little time here. Was so hopeful about Gail. Now...nothing!
    Very sad that someone can get away with this...go to the light/the source then you will see!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RavenTrue For This Useful Post:

BBM

Since MP will not allow LE to speak with the children I highly suspect LE may not know what Gail was wearing.

And we all know... MP got a lawyer... TH got a lawyer... His mama got a lawyer too... They all got a lawyer.

As for Gail... Gail got disappeared...Vanished w/o a trace. JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

BBM

If MP won't let the children talk to LE and they are the only ones who physically saw her that day...almost 100%.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

There are too too many men out there who have managed to have their wives erased for LE not to suspect MP of being involved in Gail's disappearance..JMHO

ETA.. I just read on twitter..

CUE ROAD 2 REMEMBER-National Tour 2011~Signal Mountain,TN Sat-10.22.2011~Will spotlight GAIL PALMGREN's Case~PRUETT'S MARKET@ 1pm on TAFT
    Last edited by Emeralgem; 10-07-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: ETA
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

No more LE bashing please. It is not permitted via TOS. There is no reason to believe that these jurisdictions have been anything other than active in the investigation of Gail's disappearance.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

ďThe first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.Ē
    ― Maya Angelou

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

BBM

Kiln Wood, I had to respond to this post. Like, really really really respond because I think it is very valuable.

From a SAR perspective, last seen clothing is invaluable info, imvho.

But the reality is, sometimes there just isn't any- for a variety of reasons.

Slightly O/T - but we were out on a call last night (and I am a master at remembering stuff... I know exactly what the MP was described as last seen wearing. Could describe in detail, probably 10 yrs from now lol.) But then I came back in, took a shower- and couldn't tell you for the life of me which pants I was wearing, unless I check the laundry basket now.

That's because I auto-pilot when I get in from a job, if that makes any sense?

I don't think anyone checked Gail's laundry basket right away. And that's not bashing GP, MP, LE or anyone else.
    Just- thought process of mine.
    Last edited by Oriah; 10-07-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added thought

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I guess what I can't figure out is if GP was just missing of her own accord...or even an accident, why isn't LE putting out more info on what they do know. A specific timeline they must have from cellphone pings, etc. Did they manage to get any type of info from the gps or "gizmos" on the Jeep. Where? What specific info did the friends, family and neighbors have to give that might give a clue, etc. If a person is just missing...why hold back any info the public could use in trying to locate her. If they have done other searches...why not publize it?
    Besides the Jeep being underwater somewhere...why can't they find it? If Gail left on her own...and had a plan..what would she do with the jeep? What does her cellphone history reveal...going back a few months, etc. I just can't help but think they have more than what we know...and if it's nothing nefarious....then why not release it?? Do they think to do so would tip Gail off? If she was just missing....why not let the children tell what they know?

Perplexed..............
    There are good reasons LE doesn't release that kind of info to the public in these cases.

The #1 reason that jumps out to me is that it would present a risk if the woman has gone to a shelter.

In that instance, releasing that kind of info to the public risks members of the public - and the potential abuser - tracking the woman to a shelter, putting not only her safety, but the safety of all the other women and children in the shelter, at risk.

We don't want the public - and certainly don't want abusers - tracking women to shelters.

We desperately need to keep shelter locations, as well as pick up points, secret.
    Last edited by BeanE; 10-07-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: can't spell

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast