Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
    I don't think we know if they requested a statement from them, but I think a recent article has been quoted on here several times that said to that date neither MP nor the children have given statements to LE. Wasn't that in a recent article?

I don't believe that the investigators have not requested interviews. Others may disagree. That is just what I believe. It would make no sense to me that a woman disappears and they are investigating the case thoroughly and they would not request an interview with the woman's husband and the children who are known to be two of the last people to see Gail on 4/30. I would be stunned to find that was true.

So, no, to my knowledge we don't have an official statement from LE saying that they requested interviews and were denied. We don't have a statement saying interviews were offered and turned down. All we have is a statement in an article saying that up until that point they had not been interviewed. I personally believe they had to have been requested. But, that's just my opinion.
    The article said that Matt and the kids haven't given "formal statements" to LE.

What the article did *not* say is if Matt or the either of the children have ever been asked to give a formal statement.

A formal statement means a specific thing - at least to me - but perhaps not to the reporter who wrote the article. To me, a formal statement is requested by LE, is usually recorded (audio or video), is recorded in writing, is required to be signed by the person giving it, is taken to potentially be used as evidence at trial with the person being either accused of a crime or a witness to a crime.

It makes sense to me therefore that, since LE has said there is no evidence of foul play, and nothing to indicate that anything nefarious has occurred, that they would not have asked anyone to give a formal statement.

Now an interview means something different to me. It can mean anything from an informal conversation in which LE can gain information from a person not thought to be involved in a crime nor even considered a witness to one, all the way up to and including what is frequently called an interrogation of a person who suspected by LE of having committed a crime. There may or may not be an accompanying request for a formal statement.

So... again, just to my understanding, which certainly could be completely wrong, but... two different things - interview and formal statement.

The only person we know gave an interview was Arlene, to the FBI. We don't know if she - or anyone else was asked for an interview, or if she, or anyone else was asked to give a statement.

A reporter could say that *I* have never given a formal statement in this case. That is true - I haven't. It doesn't mean I have any involvement in this case. It would only potentially have some meaning or relevance if it was known whether or not I've been asked to give a formal statement, or asked, for that matter, for an interview.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    I don't know If they have spoken with LE, however she does have friends.

I believe MacGyver is a friend. Arlene is a friend and I suspect Gail had other friends & neighbors in Alabama too.. Susie B, her neighbor...Gayle Dixon who worked with her at Novartis.. There is Karen who is a friend of Gail's family.. Maria Gallivan, her friend from Buffalo.. IIRC she was interviewed in early May when she was here in TN...
    BBM. Who are Gayle Dixon and Karen? Have they been interviewed where I can read the article or see the video?

TIA

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by glorias View Post
    MacGyver also mentioned that someone they knew was called by someone unidentified at BCBS saying that the best thing would be to just stop talking about the case:

TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1 - Page 33 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Oh I don't think I ever saw that. I just tracked back through the posts from the one you linked, but I'm not finding the one saying the best thing would be to just stop talking about the case. Do you know where I might find that?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    BBM. Who are Gayle Dixon and Karen? Have they been interviewed where I can read the article or see the video?

TIA
    Not to my knowledge...JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

TIA
    I think the original question was regarding Gail's circle of friends in general, not friends that have been interviewed. She has many friends. They have not all been interviewed by the media.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melodie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
    I think the original question was regarding Gail's circle of friends in general, not friends that have been interviewed. She has many friends. They have not all been interviewed by the media.
    Yes, and if people are going to contend that there are friends of Gail's who have indeed spoken out, I'd like to see what they have to say, so I'm asking where I can read or hear it.

Well, why not?
    Because from all accounts I have heard or read, Gail is a delightful person who likely would have had many friends in a close-knit community such as Signal Mountain. I wish very much that I had had the opportunity to meet her.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from more of those close friends who would be familiar with her daily activities, routines, etc. This is quite a different question from the issue of long-time friends who love and care about her.

It is an irony that, since her disappearance, she has so many more people who care about her and wish to find answers. Hopefully those will come soon.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pearl* For This Useful Post:

From the Professional Posters and Verifieds thread at the top of the forum, there are only 2 verified friends of Gail here:

Gail Nowacki Palmgren
    MacGyver friend of Gail
    ATRUEFRIEND friend of Gail
    FBX
    Sleuthy1 friend of Gail's family
    Jbean
    conundrummed is a verified local
    I'm a local, and have posted as a local..To my knowledge I am not verified. Do I have to be verified to post and IF so what do I have to do to get verified?
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

I am not sure why we are discussing members.
    If you have a question about verifieds or if someone post as a verified that isn't-please alert.
    Members are not open for discussion.

This post lands at random.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

If you are posting as a local but are not providing any information except about terrain or local color or general local information-you do not have to be verified!

If you are posting with very specific information about this case-then yes you should be verified.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

and why are we discussing the FB pages?! all off limits unless that has changed.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I had asked before a while back but don't know if anyone answered.
    Is it known if GP ever used the off road 4 wheel capabilities on her Jeep? Did she ever go off road in it...was she experienced in off road driving. Or did she literally have no real clue as to how to...
    also-

Are there off road trails literally coming off the mountain?

If someone was scared that someone was following them, could they 'suddenly' veer to go off road?
    What was the weather like that day she disappeared? Was it clear, or raining & foggy?

If someone were totally unfamiliar with off road driving, and/or the trails there, could that person literally have gotten lost...and maybe suffered an accident, gone over a cliff, or some odd occurence??

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Good Morning!!

Rules of the Road for posting here-

No Facebook
    No Rumors

Gail, where are you?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    I had asked before a while back but don't know if anyone answered.
    Is it known if GP ever used the off road 4 wheel capabilities on her Jeep? Did she ever go off road in it...was she experienced in off road driving. Or did she literally have no real clue as to how to...
    also-

Are there off road trails literally coming off the mountain?

If someone was scared that someone was following them, could they 'suddenly' veer to go off road?
    What was the weather like that day she disappeared? Was it clear, or raining & foggy?
    If someone were totally unfamiliar with off road driving, and/or the trails there, could that person literally have gotten lost...and maybe suffered an accident, gone over a cliff, or some odd occurence??
    My understanding is the weather was good on Saturday April 30th but I wasn't in town on that day.. We did have severe storms come through on the 27th though and much of the area sustained alot of damage.. Trees were down everywhere, no power for days in many areas of the city.. Signal Mtn, to my knowedge, did not receive alot of damage from the storms, but I suspect there had to be some damage on Signal Mtn..

Personally, I cannot imagine anyone thinking they were being followed and making a decision to turn off onto one of the off road trails..JMHO..

ETA.. Someone did come forward and claim they saw Gail on BIG FORK Road that afternoon and there was another woman with her..IMHO.. I suspect IF the person's sighting is legit Gail was not there of her own volition...JMHO..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZW4UKq6bzI"]7-6-10 Big Fork 4wheeling - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by Emeralgem; 10-13-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add information

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

In the media, we have also heard about Maria G and Alaine G.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14655364

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...ng-woman/?news

This article references "about a dozen friends" including Brandie L.

http://www.waka.com/news/7502-the-se...re-county.html

We used to hear from several here on WS, but not anymore. Surely you remember fbx, fireflylink, MacGyver, and locals like perico and sophieness. ETA: Also Kikidee, I forgot her earlier.
    HI All,
    Some of us, Gail's friends, are still here, but what I find interesting is that because we are not heard from, some seem to take that to mean that she did not have any friends, or any close friends, other than AD? Speaking for myself, I read these posts every single day. I have a summary sent to me on a daily basis, and it's usually the last thing I do at night. I think about Gail EVERY SINGLE DAY. She was my best friend in college, we were inseparable for awhile. i was in her wedding, and she was in mine. And while it is true that we drifted apart, I still considered her a very dear friend. And I'm SURE she had many many friends like me.
    So why haven't we been heard from? Truly, what is there we can say? No one is contacting us for information, and we wouldn't have any to give. We are in the dark as much as anyone. I could, of course, comment on all the posts on here, but to what end? It is all speculation, I have no more information than any of you do.
    As for MY thoughts, I've stated them before and they haven't changed. I do not believe that Gail took off on her own. I do not believe that she would EVER EVER do that to her kids, or to her siblings. They have been through a great deal of losses in their lives, and IN NO WAY do I believe that Gail would add to that on her own. I also don't believe that she had an accident. Diane has told me that she drove up and down those roads, and would have seen a barrier hit had she done that. And I can't help but think that they would have found the car by now, had that been the case. Further, it seems extremely coincidental that something like that would happen right at the time it did, when Gail was obviously preparing for something? So what does that leave? Something foul, or nefarious? Maybe. i suppose. But I can't seem to reconcile that with the Matt that I've met. I don't claim to know him very well, we had already started to drift apart by the time he came along, but the man I met was kind and sweet. I know, people can change, and they can also be deceptive. I agree, his behaviour HAS seemed "hinky," to quote a few of you [and I love that word, btw!]. Why? Why hasn't he had the kids talk to LE? Why hasn't he made a formal statement? Why isn't he doing more to find her, although doing what, I don't know. At least LOOKING like he cares. Even if they had grown apart, even if he DOESN'T miss her, do it for the kids. But again, I don't comment on it because I DON'T know. I DON'T know why. Maybe someday we will, and I pray to God that whatever it turns out to be, those kids come out of this ok. Maybe he's afraid that if he DID have the houses searched early on, something might somehow point to him, even if he WERE completely innocent. Everyone is looking for him to be guilty anyway, so it wouldn't take much. So I'm sure he's following the advice of his lawyers, lawyers who put HIM first, as their client, and NOT Gail. Do I think it's right? No. Of course I don't. But he's not paying me to be his lawyer, he's listening to the people for whose advice he is paying. Their sole job is to protect HIM. Not Gail. Again, before I get misunderstood or misquoted somehow, let me state that I am not saying he is innocent. I am not saying he is guilty. His behaviour is hinky. But maybe he has reasons we don't know about? I too wish he would do what it takes to clear himself if he can.
    The bottom line is that Gail DID have friends, I am sure there were lots of them. And I know I am not alone in missing her. Don't mistake our silence for absence, we are here and we do care. But until there are some new leads, what can we do but keep looking and hoping and praying. Something will break.
    Sorry to go on so, I guess I had to make up for my prolonged silence!
    I miss you every day, Gail.

Page 22 of 75 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast