TX - Constable links *advertiser censored* *advertiser censored* messages to political rivalry

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Politics is generally a zany bit of bidness in the Rio Grande Valley.

Constable links 'she-male' *advertiser censored* messages to political rivalry
PRIMERA — A Cameron County constable said he's not buying the story that a nearby police chief texted him “she-male” *advertiser censored* by accident.

Constable Robert Lopez on Wednesday said he filed a report with his own department to ensure the photos sent via text messaging from Primera Police Chief Joe Rodriguez don't end up haunting him.
---
Lopez said he received five racy photos last week while he was in Harlingen with friends.

“I opened it up and said, ‘What the heck?' I said it out loud, it surprised me."
---
Lopez said he texted back an angry response, telling the sender he did not appreciate receiving such images on a government phone.
Um, home phone would have been okay then? (Sorry, just thinking aloud.)
Within minutes, Rodriguez called him on a private line, saying the photos were a mistake, Lopez said.
---
Lopez and Rodriguez have been political rivals in the past, and Lopez speculated the chief was either trying to annoy his political rival, or was laying groundwork to harm his image during the next election.

Rodriguez ran against Lopez in 2008, and while no one has declared a candidacy yet, Lopez thinks the two will be battling again.
---
Quite a bit more at San Antonio Express-News link above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back