659 users online (71 members and 588 guests)  

Websleuths News

DE - Brenda Coxe, 7, raped & murdered, Claymont, 8 April 1990

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new to this. I tried to post it in the 'Crimes against children' section but I don't have the ability to do that.....

When I was a child I overheard my mother talking about a little girl that was raped and murdered in the woods sometime during the late '70s - early '80s. Apparently the little girl was the child of a family friend, Mrs. Cox. I always wondered about the case but never asked, I couldn't research it because I didn't know the little girl's name, until a few days ago. A few coworkers and I were sitting around talking about neglectful parents, when one of them mentioned the murder of Brenda Cox. I didn't want to get to into details about it because one of them knew the little girl (his dog also found her body) and seemed upset by it. The only details I know about the case is that her name was Brenda Cox, she was between the ages of 10 - 12, the murder occurred in the New Castle/Wilmington DE area, and that it happened sometime during the '70s - '80s. I searched online, but couldn't find anything. If you have any info about this case, please share!

Oh Captain, My Captain
    Welcome to WEBSLEUTHS!!!!!

I found a murder of Samantha Rhodes, 12 years old, by Clay Smith in 1998. Her mother's name is Brenda Cox Bratton.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I found something! I was spelling her last name wrong, it's spelled Coxe. It happened in 1990, for some reason I always thought it happened a lot earlier than that. Here's a link to a news article about the murder - http://articles.philly.com/1990-04-1...ts-crime-scene