DE - Brenda Coxe, 7, raped & murdered, Claymont, 8 April 1990

samaxntha

Reaction score
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new to this. I tried to post it in the 'Crimes against children' section but I don't have the ability to do that.....

When I was a child I overheard my mother talking about a little girl that was raped and murdered in the woods sometime during the late '70s - early '80s. Apparently the little girl was the child of a family friend, Mrs. Cox. I always wondered about the case but never asked, I couldn't research it because I didn't know the little girl's name, until a few days ago. A few coworkers and I were sitting around talking about neglectful parents, when one of them mentioned the murder of Brenda Cox. I didn't want to get to into details about it because one of them knew the little girl (his dog also found her body) and seemed upset by it. The only details I know about the case is that her name was Brenda Cox, she was between the ages of 10 - 12, the murder occurred in the New Castle/Wilmington DE area, and that it happened sometime during the '70s - '80s. I searched online, but couldn't find anything. If you have any info about this case, please share!

Welcome to WEBSLEUTHS!!!!!

I found a murder of Samantha Rhodes, 12 years old, by Clay Smith in 1998. Her mother's name is Brenda Cox Bratton.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back