PA PA - Jamie Peterson, 30, Ross, 26 Sept 2011

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11272/1178580-100.stm?cmpid=latest.xml

Thursday, September 29, 2011
By Liz Navratil, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ross police searching for missing woman

20110928brk_peterson-jamie_160.jpg

It concerns me that they seem to have NO information! They haven;t said if they suspect foul play, they haven't said ANYTHING! All they keep saying is that she was missing when her kids came home from school.

No one saw her that day at all? Did she go shopping and was carjacked since the door was supposedly locked at the home (only info I've heard). Was her purse there? Keys? Car at home? Did she have a boyfriend, if so where is he? Even her mom is being oddly quiet except for saying that she would never leave her kids and she loved her kids and was a good mom.

How are we supposed to help find her if we know nothing and have no idea where to even start to help? This area is notorious for not releasing much info on missing persons, it's like they just don't want the help when so many would be willing. Odd, and annoying to me. I'm close enough to search and have the time but they don't want help!

ETA: I see they updated it to her taking a few things including her purse but left her car there. So still, foul play or run away mom? I'd rule out suicide since she took her purse, you don't need your purse when you're heading out to off yourself IMO.

From what I've read, she was last seen outside of her home. by whom? Her kids would have seen her in the morning when they left for school. Did she have to work that day? Her car looks like an older model, maybe it didnt start? I know she's a mechanic but she may not have had what she needed to fix it. Her mother saw her Sunday. Is there an ex around? any issues there? She took her purse, glasses, and cell. House was locked. Are there stores that might have cameras around that area? Im glad to see the media getting the word out there, in so many cases you can't find anything on a missing adult.

From what I've read, she was last seen outside of her home. by whom? Her kids would have seen her in the morning when they left for school. Did she have to work that day? Her car looks like an older model, maybe it didnt start? I know she's a mechanic but she may not have had what she needed to fix it. Her mother saw her Sunday. Is there an ex around? any issues there? She took her purse, glasses, and cell. House was locked. Are there stores that might have cameras around that area? Im glad to see the media getting the word out there, in so many cases you can't find anything on a missing adult.

I've learned more from your links than I have from any of the news stations on air! Thank you, I've been worried about her poor kiddos and about her and the possibility of foul play :(

Also, can't they check cell pings to help track her down? It's frustrating not knowing what is being done to find her :banghead:

Also, can't they check cell pings to help track her down? It's frustrating not knowing what is being done to find her :banghead:

You would think they would do that. Not sure of the laws though. Her poor mother could really use help with the search, they need to be more PRO active and get things rolling. IMO

Ross twsp didn't want help when I called to ask. I have to think she maybe had plans to go somewhere with a friend or boyfriend, exboyfriend, someone which is why she didn't take her car but did take her purse, cell and keys. It would seem she would have been preparing for someone else to drive her to... where? Considering her recent knee surgery it doesn't seem logical that she would be going to walk, at least according to her mom (I saw more on the case on KDKA just a few minutes ago).

I'd love to reach out to her mom to try to help but with no info where do you start? That poor family :cry:

ROSS, Pa.—Police in and around the Pittsburgh suburb of Ross Township are looking for a 30-year-old mother of two who's been missing since her kids came home from school on Monday.

Ross Township police say Jamie Nichole Peterson's children, who are 11 and 12, came home and found their mother missing.

Police say Peterson's purse and cell phone were also gone, though her car remains parked in the driveway.

More at link: http://www.ldnews.com/state/ci_19011473

Jamie Nichole Peterson, 30, of Ross, was discovered missing Monday, Sept. 26 after her children returned home from school. She was last seen that morning at her home, which is in the area of North Fremont Avenue, near Bellevue Borough. Police said her car was still at her home and that she may be using alternate transportation.

Peterson is white, 5'3" tall and of stocky build. She has shoulder-length brown hair with blond streaks and green eyes. She wears black glasses with pink speckles. She also has multiple tattoos, including a butterfly tattoo on her neck, a purple bear on her left arm, a cross on her left shoulder, a daisy on her right shoulder and a purple rose on her right breast.

Snipped from: http://northhills.patch.com/articles/police-seek-help-in-finding-missing-ross-woman#photo-7953972 (Photo at link)

I listen to KDKA radio from 6:30 in the morning until about 4:00 and I don't recall hearing this story. I just stumbled upon it on wpxi.com. I work in Ross Township. I haven't seen any signs or anything. Frustrating.

another news station to keep an eye on

http://www.wpxi.com/news/29341626/detail.html

Police were collecting evidence on North Fremont Avenue near Peterson's home in Ross Township on Thursday night.

Peterson, a mechanic, has several distinctive tattoos, including a butterfly on her neck and a purple bear on her left arm.

Where are you Jamie?

Anyone with information on Peterson's whereabouts is asked to call Ross Township police.

Bumping this up!

I've spoken with the family and Jamie's dad plans to do a search this weekend.

I have more information also but am waiting for permission from Admin to post it so we can work on sleuthing this case and helping to bring this mom home.

I don't have a whole lot of time, but I can hel with a map. I'm assuming this is the case you were referring to IM.

Let me read through and see what I can pull together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back