1219 users online (213 members and 1006 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VA - Dana Turner, 43, Chesapeake, 22 Sept 2011

Chesapeake police are searching for an endangered missing woman.

Police said Dana Lynn Turner, 43, has been missing since September 22.

A vehicle that Turner rented was returned by unknown means. Turner's personal vehicle, however, was left behind at the business.

Police said no one has heard from Turner, nor has her cell phone been used.

Snipped: http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...-missing-woman (Photo at link)

Her sister reported her missing Sept. 23 after a car Turner had rented was returned to an agency - but not by Turner, whose personal vehicle remained at the car-rental business, according to a police news release.

No one has heard from her, and her cellphone has not been used.
    Snipped: http://hamptonroads.com/2011/09/ches...-missing-woman

Don't rental car agencies have surveillance cameras? I would think it would be easy for LE to at least get a surveillance image of the person who returned Dana's rental car.

Hmmm very little info out there on her. I wonder why she rented the car....if her vehicle was at the rental agency, she clearly didn't rent one because hers was out of commission and being worked on or something. I was thinking the same thing about the rental agency - I'd be really surprised if they didn't have surveillance cameras.

jmo

According to The Daily Press (http://www.dailypress.com/news/break...,0,56730.story), the rental car agency was on Battlefield Blvd. I google searched around, and the only 2 rental agencies on Battlefield Blvd. are Avis and Enterprise.

Since those are both big-time rental agencies, I'd be shocked if they didn't have surveillance cameras.

The rental car being returned is odd. My experience is that when a car is returned, you can't just drive it onto the lot and leave. You have to hand over various paperwork, and an attendant will check the car for any damage, and also check the mileage you used. In your presence. And,for sure the lot would have surveillance cameras. moo I think it must be known who brought the car back ? MOO

It is weird that another woman named Dana Turner is missing in Canada and also had a rental car...no connection, just very odd.
    Just my opinion, of course.

They seem certain that Dana did not return her own rental car....this is either something picked up on their security camera...or someone else walked in and returned the car at the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    The rental car being returned is odd. My experience is that when a car is returned, you can't just drive it onto the lot and leave. You have to hand over various paperwork, and an attendant will check the car for any damage, and also check the mileage you used. In your presence. And,for sure the lot would have surveillance cameras. moo I think it must be known who brought the car back ? MOO
    In the past, when I've returned a rental car to an off-airport location, you have to go up to the front desk (since the off-airport locations don't usually have the "drive up and return" places like the ones at the airport do..), then an employee walks out to the car with you, walks around the entire car (looking for scrapes, dents, etc.), checks the mileage, then you have to sign off on it. So, it's not like you can just drop it and leave. It takes a good 15 minutes to return a rental car.

If it was returned "after hours" - isn't there just a drop box for the key/papers?

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    It is weird that another woman named Dana Turner is missing in Canada and also had a rental car...no connection, just very odd.
    Really? Wow... that's really odd.... strange enough for same name.. but a rental car similarity too is really strange! wow!!! How do ages/descriptions compare?

Thanks for sharing this...

Missing person's sister doesn't believe she is missing by choice

"She was gone in thin air," said Tammy Spanninger, "and how can a 43-year-old woman just disappear like that?"

More: http://www.wvec.com/news/Missing-per...131569033.html

Also, the other Dana Turner missing out of Canada has been found deceased.

Unhappy Still missing

Missing Chesapeake Woman Has Ties to Greene County
    February 4, 2012
    44-year-old Dana Turner - Canady has been missing since September 22, 2011.

Police in Chesapeake have been searching for her but now her family and friends are working to get her name out in our community.

Turner, who also went by the name of Dana Canady, lived in Greene County for about 10 years in the 1990s.

Spanninger says her sister's phone has not been located, her credit cards have not been used and her car was found abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by carterkatt View Post
    If it was returned "after hours" - isn't there just a drop box for the key/papers?

This I have returned a rental car after hours and just left the keys in a secure box in the parking lot. Maybe this is what happened? But I guess since they know she didn't return it they know who did.

Few clues in search for missing Chesapeake woman

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/few-...esapeake-woman

By Veronica Gonzalez
    The Virginian-Pilot
    February 3, 2013

Helium-filled balloons bobbed in a bedroom. Guests mingled. Food trays and "Happy Birthday" paper plates cluttered the kitchen.

Pat Merna could check off every detail for her daughter's party.

Except one: the guest of honor.

This is such a sad story. I'm sure the family will never have closure without her body. It's terrible what can happen when you get involved with drugs. If she was truly struggling for money she should have reached out to her family. I'm sure now they would give her all the money they could if that meant bringing her back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast