Identified! CA - Santa Clarita, body in wrecked vehicle, Sep'11 - Melvin Gelfand

lisser

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/30/us/california-mountain-crash/

[snip] was found in a ravine a week after losing control of his car on a rural road and plunging 500 feet down an embankment into heavy brush, according to a report by the California Highway Patrol.
[snip], who is partially disabled, told authorities that he spent the first night in his car.

"The next morning, he exited his vehicle and observed another vehicle adjacent to his own with a deceased male driver behind the wheel," the report said. "The deceased appeared to have been there for some time." Authorities say they have not identified the dead driver.

Video of rescue

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/david-lavau-california-man-car-crash-survivor_n_988931.html

wow, how bizarre ... but also how fantastic that he survived and that his son was the one who found/saved him

and now another family will finally find out what happened to their missing loved one

Can you imagine? Area probably needs some roadwork, or something.

What is amazing is that he was found alive!

But what is with the reporter who keeps saying that it wasn't clear why he was in the area?

It is a shame that the old man died.

I tried looking on here for a missing person who might be the unknown driver, but I'm wasn't able to figure out a good search method.

Anyone want to try to see who it might be?

Glad he's OK and was found...and hope the other man's family can find comfort.

ETA: Did you catch this comment from the CNN link...I'm still ROFLMAO.

48.png

Dsoto13 I wonder how old the dead person was?

4 hours ago | Like | Report abuse

48.png

WallyBalloo As old as he was going to get.

1 hour ago | Li

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects