MI MI - Randall Childs, 50, & Karen Young, 51, Detroit, 7 June 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Randall Childs and girlfriend Karen Young were last seen leaving his apartment in the 3000 block of Grand River near Rosa Parks the evening of June 7. "Nobody has heard a word from them since," Murray said.

Crime Stoppers of Michigan last month offered a $1,000 reward for information about the missing couple.

"But they told us there haven't been any tips yet," Murray said. "It doesn't make sense: (Young) left her purse and all her belongings behind. My brother left all his toiletries in his apartment. There's nothing to indicate they were planning to leave. It's going on four months now, and there hasn't been a trace."

Childs, 51, worked at Pasquale's restaurant in Royal Oak, while Young recently was laid off from her job at the city's Parks and Recreation Department. Young is 5-foot-3-inches tall, 140 pounds with a birthmark on her neck. She was last seen wearing black pin-striped pants with a cream top and black necktie. Randall is 5-foot-9-inches tall, 140 pounds, with a mustache and beard. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

Snipped from: http://detnews.com/article/20110930...h-for-couple-missing-since-June#ixzz1ZYZSBmm6 (More info & photos at link)

Sharon Murray is desperate to find out what happened to her brother, Randall Childs, who has been missing for more than four months now.

He walked out of an apartment on Grand River in Detroit on the night of June 7th right after his girlfriend, Karen Young, left the same apartment and neither have been heard from since.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...a-billboard-will-bring-in-tips-#ixzz1b6Nb1c8a

This doesn't seem to have much happening about it and the family seems to be doing quite a lot to get attention to this.

I hope there will be answers soon for this man's sister. Two people vanish and a year later --- nothing.

Oops!! My bad! I was just looking for a couple missing in Detroit and I didn't pay enough attention to the details. :blush:

Here is Randall Childs

randallchilds.jpg

and Karen Young

karenyoung.jpg

Families hope DNA will lead to answers

Those who opted to participate in the event called Missing in Michigan had swabs of saliva taken from inside their mouths. The DNA results will be compared to human remains at the Wayne County morgue and otherwise used in searches. The samples will be kept on file, so if other cases come up, authorities can run a comparison to see whether there is a match.

[snip]

Like the other families who came to the event, Antonio Childs, 38, of Dearborn Heights and Sharon Murray of Plymouth Township struggle with the weight of not knowing. Randall Childs — Antonio Childs’ uncle and Sharon Murray’s brother — was last seen June 7, 2011, leaving his home with a girlfriend in the 3000 block of Grand River Avenue in Detroit.

Murray said the disappearance of Randall Childs, who would now be 51, has been agonizing.

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20130626/NEWS01/306260013/Families-hope-DNA-will-lead-answers

State Hopes To Match DNA Samples To Unidentified Bodies In Morgues

Michigan has more than 140 sets of unidentified human remains in its morgues around the state — and more than 4,000 missing persons cases.

The Michigan State Police and the Wayne County Medical Examiners are hoping to close the books on some of those missing cases by holding a DNA drive on Tuesday.

[snip]

Maurice’s brother Randall Childs has been missing for two years and she has given DNA to this program. She is relentless in her search, and has searched the morgue several times to view bodies in hopes of finding her brother.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/06...na-samples-to-unidentified-bodies-in-morgues/

That's heartbreaking reading that the sister has visited the morgue several times to find her brother. Thank goodness for DNA and hopefully through diligence of the family and the Wayne County Medical Examiners answers will be forthcoming.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...persons?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

DECEMBER 3, 2013 AT 5:15 PM
Ursula Watson and Tony Briscoe
The Detroit News

Detroit — Randall Childs was 50 he when left his apartment on Detroit’s west side June 7, 2011. The fifth of 12 children, Childs hasn’t been seen since.

His brother Robert Childs attended a Tuesday event where law enforcement agencies collected DNA samples from relatives of missing people in an effort to help identify human remains at the Wayne County morgue.

May 2016 article:

Sharon Murray still waits for word about her brother Randall Childs, who was 50 when he disappeared June 7, 2011.
“We come from a family of 12 and 10 are still here,” said Murray, who attended the event with her husband, son and grandson.
“For years I’ve searched in abandoned buildings, burned houses, vacant lots and handed out flyers and for three years, I paid for a billboard on Grand River and Canfield, and then had it moved to Grand River and Greenfield. It said, ‘Help my family find me’.”
Murray, who has worked with Crime Stoppers and said she calls the Wayne County morgue incessantly, said there have been no leads...

Murray said her brother disappeared after an argument with his girlfriend.
“I was told my brother’s girlfriend had called her mother and a friend to come pick her up from my brother’s apartment, and my brother walked her out of the apartment because it was dark, and that’s the last we heard anything about him,” she said. “I look for him everywhere — at the mall, in a park, standing in a line — everywhere. I just feel so hopeless.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...tenacity-finding-missing-loved-ones/84381358/

Is there a car missing with them?

Can anyone aside from the party goers confirm they left?

This is such a strange case, and no news or any interest from sleuthers...

BUMP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back