Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    So, was that an old ID bracelet made into a necklace?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

That is a teeny ID bracelet. I wonder if it belonged to a child he knew that passed. That would explain the extra links. Looking at the size of the ring in the picture, I don't think it was made into a necklace, I think it was made into an adult sized bracelet. It looks old and treasured.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to necco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    That is a teeny ID bracelet. I wonder if it belonged to a child he knew that passed. That would explain the extra links. Looking at the size of the ring in the picture, I don't think it was made into a necklace, I think it was made into an adult sized bracelet. It looks old and treasured.
    Yes, I noticed that there were some clumsy repairs done, IMO because it was a treasured piece like you suggested. I wonder if there is any way to date it? For example: was the engraving by hand or by machine? Is there a hallmark of some kind on the silver?

I can see it being a brother's, grandfather's or father's childhood bracelet. I don't think in American culture it is common for a little boy to be given a bracelet. Is it common in French-Canadian culture? That would fit with the name, anyway.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Hi all. does anyone know if he has been compared to Craig Allen Frear? Craig was last seen 4 hours south of Montreal. Craig was 17 in 2004 when he went missing so it would put him in his early 20's in 2011.
    My son has dark auburn hair but chlorinated pools and too much sun will turn it a orange/red.
    Here is the Charley Project for Craig:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frear_craig.html

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lil Quirky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Quirky View Post
    Hi all. does anyone know if he has been compared to Craig Allen Frear? Craig was last seen 4 hours south of Montreal. Craig was 17 in 2004 when he went missing so it would put him in his early 20's in 2011.
    My son has dark auburn hair but chlorinated pools and too much sun will turn it a orange/red.
    Here is the Charley Project for Craig:http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/frear_craig.html
    This suggestion certainly wouldn't hurt.

The part that I find the hardest to match up to any that I have looked at is his eyebrows. They are very distinctive, and I have yet to find a match that really resembles him in the eyes. His teeth are also distinctive.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Can anyone make out whats on the inside of that ring? More importantly, Is there ANY info out there on this besides this forum? (links are all dead) I feel like its a long shot - but Craig went missing near train tracks , and if following correctly, they lead to canada...
    Last edited by Cupcakeslayer; 06-10-2012 at 11:34 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cupcakeslayer For This Useful Post:

Why is the jewelry rusty?

Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!

October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Claudette For This Useful Post:

Only letters I can make out in the ring are "akec" following the first capital letter.

Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!

October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Claudette For This Useful Post:

The red hair seems like making a match would be easy, but obviously that isn't the case.

This may be kind of obvious, but has anyone tried matching him to European missing persons reports? Since he was found in Montreal, he could possibly have been visiting from France.

I'll check PorchlightEurope and other European missing persons websites and see what might be there.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

I noticed the description of the young man's clothes match those he was wearing in the photo.

It does kind of look like this photo is from either a surveillance camera or a cell phone.

I have an unpleasant feeling that this photo was taken immediately before this young man's death by suicide. To me it appears the man is sitting on a railing or guardrail that is at a height, maybe on a bridge. Sharonuk said this looks like the Jacques Cartier Bridge.

I agree with cocomod, this picture is odd. There is something about the look on this young man's face that makes me feel he is about to take his own life.

I know that's a lot to read into a very blurry picture, but it's more of an impression I get rather than something specific I can point to.

Sorry if this is a little gruesome, I hope I'm wrong about the suicide.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

I had sent a email to: missingchildren@dcjs.ny.gov 6/7/12 in regards to Craig being a possible match. I will update IF I receive a response.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lil Quirky For This Useful Post:

This may seem like an odd question, but I wonder if LE is 100% certain that this young man's eyes are brown? Obviously if they could tell by looking at him, then that's 100% certainty. But if he sustained some kind of serious head trauma, for example, is it possible that his eye color could not be determined with complete certainty?

I am asking this for two reasons.

1. The most prevalent eye color for redheads is blue, followed by green and hazel. Only 18% of redheads worldwide have brown eyes (according to Wikipedia).

2. I have found a missing person that could be a match. He has a similar chin, is approximately the same height and weight, and the age is a match. I'm not going to post him on here right now due to the eye color discrepancy.

If anyone has any thoughts re: the eye color, I'd love to hear them.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

18 % is quite a few people but I am not sure he is a natural redhead.

Some people have eye color that is really more like a mixture of colors and different people might perceive it as different colors. At least green, brown, hazel can be close imo. Reporting errors are also a possibility.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

I am currently searching through Canadian missing persons sites. I've found one person so far that is a long shot, but a possibility.

Allan Curtis was last seen in Montreal in 1993. He has bright red curly hair, hazel eyes. 155-165 lbs. 5'11" (which is taller than our unidentified). He has schizophrenia but refuses to take his medication. He was 23 when last seen which would probably make him a little too old to be a match. But I'd like to see what you guys think.

This link is to Allan's case on Doe Network:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1758dmqc.html

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marilynilpa For This Useful Post:

I had submitted this unidentified CANADA Canada -Montreal - Male w/Bright Red Hair, "Michel" engraved on Bracelet, 20s, Jul'11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community to New York State Police and received this response:

I've looked over your information (and shared it with Craig's parents). We have eliminated him as being Craig Frear. We all want to thank you for tour interest in this case.

Investigator Gloria J. Coppola
    New York State Police
    Last edited by Kimster; 02-04-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: repaired html

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lil Quirky For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast