Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 959
  1. #1

    ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

    Please continue here.

    Please review the rules of our forum before posting: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community


    Victim Friendly - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.




    35-year-old Robyn Gardner disappeared while on vacation in Aruba on August 2, 2011. Her traveling companion and suspect in the case, Gary Giordano, says she was swept away while they were snorkeling.

    Previous Threads:

    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4

    Thread #5
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-23-2015 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fixed broken link


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Okay so with all the players in this case, there is yet another *boyfriend* of 2 1/2 years, who is claiming he is the "real" boyfriend, but is staying quiet this whole time because RG's family has asked him to do so.. I am trying hard to find out his real name. I actually believe this to be true. Jmo Will post a link and name as soon as I get the go ahead to do so.. I knew RF was a phony when he went on his media tour and NEVER went to Aruba. Imoo had my loved one went missing, wild horses couldn't drag me away from there.. I think this will be a great insight into RG life once the actual truth comes out!


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoretoshore For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,155
    Re:
    the previous post, from the previous thread #5, specifically to the pet cemetery:

    According to the NE report, this was reportedly an area where Arubans have been burying their pets for "generations". The report states that the car was not only parked in a no parking area, but on "some of the pet graves". The article states, "the couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked 'what the hell he was doing'. When the man saw them , he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direction. The "shocked couple" drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they'd seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn't find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle.
    "Insiders" explained that Arubans don't want to get caught up w/ tourist problems. They didn't say anything until they saw the photos posted of the rental car, at which time they came forward on Sept. 17th and reported what they saw.
    As far as the pet cemeterey, the article states that "at least 1000 pets are buried in the large cemetery by the ocean."


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,155
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Re:
    the previous post, from the previous thread #5, specifically to the pet cemetery:

    According to the NE report, this was reportedly an area where Arubans have been burying their pets for "generations". The report states that the car was not only parked in a no parking area, but on "some of the pet graves". The article states, "the couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked 'what the hell he was doing'. When the man saw them , he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direction. The "shocked couple" drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they'd seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn't find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle.
    "Insiders" explained that Arubans don't want to get caught up w/ tourist problems. They didn't say anything until they saw the photos posted of the rental car, at which time they came forward on Sept. 17th and reported what they saw.
    As far as the pet cemeterey, the article states that "at least 1000 pets are buried in the large cemetery by the ocean."
    I am just reporting what I read. Fact or fiction, I have no idea, though it is thought provoking. I would really like to hear from any other posters that are either full or part time Arubans as to their general knowledge of the pet cemetery.


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Didn't ale say they found no evidence in the rental? Given a violent attack in the car, there would have to be blood splatter from a possible nose bleed, busted lip? I would think so. I wonder if they did find evidence and are holding it close to the vest.. As the ale keep their investigations tight lipped on all their investigations.. Just curious.. The ne is not a very reliable source though, is it?


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoretoshore For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Loveliest Village on The Plains
    Posts
    8,782
    What ever happened with this deal? I haven't seen anything in the news.

    Has anybody here got any updates?


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Okay so with all the players in this case, there is yet another *boyfriend* of 2 1/2 years, who is claiming he is the "real" boyfriend, but is staying quiet this whole time because RG's family has asked him to do so.. I am trying hard to find out his real name. I actually believe this to be true. Jmo Will post a link and name as soon as I get the go ahead to do so.. I knew RF was a phony when he went on his media tour and NEVER went to Aruba. Imoo had my loved one went missing, wild horses couldn't drag me away from there.. I think this will be a great insight into RG life once the actual truth comes out!
    Be careful who you believe. The source of that story is on a vendetta against RF and CJ. She's p'd because they didn't allow her to take over and turn this story into what she wanted it to be which would be most beneficial to her, not Robyn. This is not the first time she's done this to a family of someone missing, google it.

    I'm not saying that I feel RF is innocent in all of this because he's really regretting somethings right now in my opinion. What I am saying is that a real professional doesn't divulge private information on the internet unless they hope to get something out of it, perhaps maybe a one hour tv special. This is not about the person who wrote that story but somehow she thinks it is. This is about finding a missing woman and, no matter what her life was, she didn't deserve to go missing and those close to her do not deserve to be the victims of someone whose only involvement is for the glory of it. There is no glory for Robyn's parents, family and friends, there is just heartache.


  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suniskye For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Didn't ale say they found no evidence in the rental? Given a violent attack in the car, there would have to be blood splatter from a possible nose bleed, busted lip? I would think so. I wonder if they did find evidence and are holding it close to the vest.. As the ale keep their investigations tight lipped on all their investigations.. Just curious.. The ne is not a very reliable source though, is it?
    They did not search the car until later. By then the rental place had cleaned it. They said they noticed nothing suspicious when cleaning it.

    Maybe GG took the paper towell roll from the restaurant so he could do a quick clean up in the car.


  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HatesSociopaths For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Didn't ale say they found no evidence in the rental? Given a violent attack in the car, there would have to be blood splatter from a possible nose bleed, busted lip? I would think so. I wonder if they did find evidence and are holding it close to the vest.. As the ale keep their investigations tight lipped on all their investigations.. Just curious.. The ne is not a very reliable source though, is it?
    GG turned in the car and it was cleaned by the rental company prior to his arrest. You have to wonder if RG was still conscious why she did not get out of the car and run to the other vehicle and ask for help. And just because he was punching her does not mean there would be blood. She had already been drinking alot so it would not take much to knock her out.

    Also this couple apparently did not see GG on their way back to the lagoon from Baby Beach so GG went further north on the eastern side (which would be in the opposite direction of Baby Beach) where the cliffs are. He had an hour to get rid of her. If he did, indeed, beat her up I think the last thing she would want to do is snorkel. jmo


  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,722
    Even if the lead is false it should be checked into to eliminate the possibility of it being true.

    It did make me look a little to see if it could be true. I found this post from 2007.

    The pet cemetary, not on the typical tour route!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Today we visited the pet cemetary. If you are unaware of it, it is just east of Baby beach on the old asphalt road that goes towards the Seroe Colorado. It is really amazing, so many pets buried there with wonderful handmade headstones and crosses. One was quite touching, almost a mausoleum, complete with a dog leash left on it. Another one near by had the dog dish next to it.

    Quite a mix of names, too. Anglo, Spanish and Dutch, they are all there.

    It's worth a visit and the stretch of beach there is very nice for a meditative walk.
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Re: The pet cemetary, not on the typical tour route!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It got its start when residents and employees of the old Lago refinery would bury their pets there.
    Share
    __________________________________________________ ____________

    I do beleive it's worthy of a cadaver dog search, Cadaver dogs should only hit on human remains. Trouble is I don't beleive Aruba has cadaver dogs.


  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,722
    Hmmmmm found a video of the burial grounds

    Pet Burial Ground, Aruba - YouTube
    Last edited by KateB; 05-15-2015 at 08:15 PM. Reason: repair url tag.


  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,069
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Re:
    the previous post, from the previous thread #5, specifically to the pet cemetery:

    According to the NE report, this was reportedly an area where Arubans have been burying their pets for "generations". The report states that the car was not only parked in a no parking area, but on "some of the pet graves". The article states, "the couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked 'what the hell he was doing'. When the man saw them , he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direction. The "shocked couple" drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they'd seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn't find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle.
    "Insiders" explained that Arubans don't want to get caught up w/ tourist problems. They didn't say anything until they saw the photos posted of the rental car, at which time they came forward on Sept. 17th and reported what they saw.
    As far as the pet cemeterey, the article states that "at least 1000 pets are buried in the large cemetery by the ocean."

    Its quite possible that the above happened as NE is reporting.

    I just find it unusual for people to have seen this, then hear about a missing woman and not come forward til mid September

    It was an unusual event for them or they would not have remembered it in detail
    The reports of a missing woman is an unusual thing as well

    Its hard to believe they did not put two and two together imo


    What happened to the tattooed man?


  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dushi For This Useful Post:


  24. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    873


    Just when you thought it was safe to go back .....!!!

    No sooner did I post agreement with Dushi's suggestion that the case seems to be "less speculative and less media intensive" since JB entered the picture and......WAAALA! On cue the "tourist story" and the "real" boyfriend come forward . Brought to you by our favorite news organization the NE.

    Here we go again No thanks, I'll pass before I get on yet another merry -go-round. Waiting for "confirmation".....AGAIN!!! Geezzzzzz!


  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to R.U.Kidding! For This Useful Post:


  26. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,155
    I wonder if they're waiting until they get the cadaver dogs to do the search, just don't get why it takes so long to get dogs to the island.

    If this story is true, I figure the witnesses were planning to call police after they collected their senses, which is probably why they turned around and went back possibly to get the plate #'s of the vehicle, maybe even to follow the vehicle. They couldn't do any of that as the Rav4 was no longer in sight, so at that point they figured there was nothing they could do. I mean how many white Rav4's are there?

    One interesting thing about this story, not only is it not the cover story of the NE, there is no mention on the cover at all about it. I bought it because there's something about Casey Anthony on the cover (I know, I know...)


  27. The Following User Says Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


  28. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,162
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I wonder if they're waiting until they get the cadaver dogs to do the search, just don't get why it takes so long to get dogs to the island.

    If this story is true, I figure the witnesses were planning to call police after they collected their senses, which is probably why they turned around and went back possibly to get the plate #'s of the vehicle, maybe even to follow the vehicle. They couldn't do any of that as the Rav4 was no longer in sight, so at that point they figured there was nothing they could do. I mean how many white Rav4's are there?

    One interesting thing about this story, not only is it not the cover story of the NE, there is no mention on the cover at all about it. I bought it because there's something about Casey Anthony on the cover (I know, I know...)
    Well someone has to stick their neck out and take one for the group. What a brave soul you are. jmo


  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1012
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 01:05 PM
  2. Replies: 797
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
  3. Replies: 791
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 03:18 PM
  4. Replies: 748
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 01:34 AM
  5. Replies: 653
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •