Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 959

Thread: ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #6

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Puget Sound area, WA
    Posts
    20,951

    ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #6

    Please continue here.

    Please review the rules of our forum before posting: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


    Victim Friendly - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.




    35-year-old Robyn Gardner disappeared while on vacation in Aruba on August 2, 2011. Her traveling companion and suspect in the case, Gary Giordano, says she was swept away while they were snorkeling.

    Previous Threads:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146761"]Thread #1[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7041705#post7041705"]Thread #2[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147699"]Thread #3[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148196"]Thread #4[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148948"]Thread #5[/ame]
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

    HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

    FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Okay so with all the players in this case, there is yet another *boyfriend* of 2 1/2 years, who is claiming he is the "real" boyfriend, but is staying quiet this whole time because RG's family has asked him to do so.. I am trying hard to find out his real name. I actually believe this to be true. Jmo Will post a link and name as soon as I get the go ahead to do so.. I knew RF was a phony when he went on his media tour and NEVER went to Aruba. Imoo had my loved one went missing, wild horses couldn't drag me away from there.. I think this will be a great insight into RG life once the actual truth comes out!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoretoshore For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,183
    Re:
    the previous post, from the previous thread #5, specifically to the pet cemetery:

    According to the NE report, this was reportedly an area where Arubans have been burying their pets for "generations". The report states that the car was not only parked in a no parking area, but on "some of the pet graves". The article states, "the couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked 'what the hell he was doing'. When the man saw them , he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direction. The "shocked couple" drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they'd seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn't find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle.
    "Insiders" explained that Arubans don't want to get caught up w/ tourist problems. They didn't say anything until they saw the photos posted of the rental car, at which time they came forward on Sept. 17th and reported what they saw.
    As far as the pet cemeterey, the article states that "at least 1000 pets are buried in the large cemetery by the ocean."
    “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.”
    Martin Luther

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Re:
    the previous post, from the previous thread #5, specifically to the pet cemetery:

    According to the NE report, this was reportedly an area where Arubans have been burying their pets for "generations". The report states that the car was not only parked in a no parking area, but on "some of the pet graves". The article states, "the couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked 'what the hell he was doing'. When the man saw them , he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direction. The "shocked couple" drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they'd seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn't find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle.
    "Insiders" explained that Arubans don't want to get caught up w/ tourist problems. They didn't say anything until they saw the photos posted of the rental car, at which time they came forward on Sept. 17th and reported what they saw.
    As far as the pet cemeterey, the article states that "at least 1000 pets are buried in the large cemetery by the ocean."
    I am just reporting what I read. Fact or fiction, I have no idea, though it is thought provoking. I would really like to hear from any other posters that are either full or part time Arubans as to their general knowledge of the pet cemetery.
    “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.”
    Martin Luther

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Didn't ale say they found no evidence in the rental? Given a violent attack in the car, there would have to be blood splatter from a possible nose bleed, busted lip? I would think so. I wonder if they did find evidence and are holding it close to the vest.. As the ale keep their investigations tight lipped on all their investigations.. Just curious.. The ne is not a very reliable source though, is it?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoretoshore For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Loveliest Village on The Plains
    Posts
    8,537
    What ever happened with this deal? I haven't seen anything in the news.

    Has anybody here got any updates?

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Okay so with all the players in this case, there is yet another *boyfriend* of 2 1/2 years, who is claiming he is the "real" boyfriend, but is staying quiet this whole time because RG's family has asked him to do so.. I am trying hard to find out his real name. I actually believe this to be true. Jmo Will post a link and name as soon as I get the go ahead to do so.. I knew RF was a phony when he went on his media tour and NEVER went to Aruba. Imoo had my loved one went missing, wild horses couldn't drag me away from there.. I think this will be a great insight into RG life once the actual truth comes out!
    Be careful who you believe. The source of that story is on a vendetta against RF and CJ. She's p'd because they didn't allow her to take over and turn this story into what she wanted it to be which would be most beneficial to her, not Robyn. This is not the first time she's done this to a family of someone missing, google it.

    I'm not saying that I feel RF is innocent in all of this because he's really regretting somethings right now in my opinion. What I am saying is that a real professional doesn't divulge private information on the internet unless they hope to get something out of it, perhaps maybe a one hour tv special. This is not about the person who wrote that story but somehow she thinks it is. This is about finding a missing woman and, no matter what her life was, she didn't deserve to go missing and those close to her do not deserve to be the victims of someone whose only involvement is for the glory of it. There is no glory for Robyn's parents, family and friends, there is just heartache.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to suniskye For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Didn't ale say they found no evidence in the rental? Given a violent attack in the car, there would have to be blood splatter from a possible nose bleed, busted lip? I would think so. I wonder if they did find evidence and are holding it close to the vest.. As the ale keep their investigations tight lipped on all their investigations.. Just curious.. The ne is not a very reliable source though, is it?
    They did not search the car until later. By then the rental place had cleaned it. They said they noticed nothing suspicious when cleaning it.

    Maybe GG took the paper towell roll from the restaurant so he could do a quick clean up in the car.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HatesSociopaths For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    19,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Didn't ale say they found no evidence in the rental? Given a violent attack in the car, there would have to be blood splatter from a possible nose bleed, busted lip? I would think so. I wonder if they did find evidence and are holding it close to the vest.. As the ale keep their investigations tight lipped on all their investigations.. Just curious.. The ne is not a very reliable source though, is it?
    GG turned in the car and it was cleaned by the rental company prior to his arrest. You have to wonder if RG was still conscious why she did not get out of the car and run to the other vehicle and ask for help. And just because he was punching her does not mean there would be blood. She had already been drinking alot so it would not take much to knock her out.

    Also this couple apparently did not see GG on their way back to the lagoon from Baby Beach so GG went further north on the eastern side (which would be in the opposite direction of Baby Beach) where the cliffs are. He had an hour to get rid of her. If he did, indeed, beat her up I think the last thing she would want to do is snorkel. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,191
    Even if the lead is false it should be checked into to eliminate the possibility of it being true.

    It did make me look a little to see if it could be true. I found this post from 2007.

    The pet cemetary, not on the typical tour route!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Today we visited the pet cemetary. If you are unaware of it, it is just east of Baby beach on the old asphalt road that goes towards the Seroe Colorado. It is really amazing, so many pets buried there with wonderful handmade headstones and crosses. One was quite touching, almost a mausoleum, complete with a dog leash left on it. Another one near by had the dog dish next to it.

    Quite a mix of names, too. Anglo, Spanish and Dutch, they are all there.

    It's worth a visit and the stretch of beach there is very nice for a meditative walk.
    __________________________________________________ ________

    Re: The pet cemetary, not on the typical tour route!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It got its start when residents and employees of the old Lago refinery would bury their pets there.
    Share
    __________________________________________________ ____________

    I do beleive it's worthy of a cadaver dog search, Cadaver dogs should only hit on human remains. Trouble is I don't beleive Aruba has cadaver dogs.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,191
    Hmmmmm found a video of the burial grounds

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCvewSmGB-8"]Pet Burial Ground, Aruba - YouTube[/ame]

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,327
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    Re:
    the previous post, from the previous thread #5, specifically to the pet cemetery:

    According to the NE report, this was reportedly an area where Arubans have been burying their pets for "generations". The report states that the car was not only parked in a no parking area, but on "some of the pet graves". The article states, "the couple stopped their car, yelled at the man and asked 'what the hell he was doing'. When the man saw them , he started his vehicle and drove off in the opposite direction. The "shocked couple" drove on to nearby Baby Beach. Then they thought about what they'd seen for a few minutes and drove back to Dog Graves Beach but didn't find any trace of the other couple or their vehicle.
    "Insiders" explained that Arubans don't want to get caught up w/ tourist problems. They didn't say anything until they saw the photos posted of the rental car, at which time they came forward on Sept. 17th and reported what they saw.
    As far as the pet cemeterey, the article states that "at least 1000 pets are buried in the large cemetery by the ocean."

    Its quite possible that the above happened as NE is reporting.

    I just find it unusual for people to have seen this, then hear about a missing woman and not come forward til mid September

    It was an unusual event for them or they would not have remembered it in detail
    The reports of a missing woman is an unusual thing as well

    Its hard to believe they did not put two and two together imo


    What happened to the tattooed man?

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dushi For This Useful Post:


  24. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    866


    Just when you thought it was safe to go back .....!!!

    No sooner did I post agreement with Dushi's suggestion that the case seems to be "less speculative and less media intensive" since JB entered the picture and......WAAALA! On cue the "tourist story" and the "real" boyfriend come forward . Brought to you by our favorite news organization the NE.

    Here we go again No thanks, I'll pass before I get on yet another merry -go-round. Waiting for "confirmation".....AGAIN!!! Geezzzzzz!

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to R.U.Kidding! For This Useful Post:


  26. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,183
    I wonder if they're waiting until they get the cadaver dogs to do the search, just don't get why it takes so long to get dogs to the island.

    If this story is true, I figure the witnesses were planning to call police after they collected their senses, which is probably why they turned around and went back possibly to get the plate #'s of the vehicle, maybe even to follow the vehicle. They couldn't do any of that as the Rav4 was no longer in sight, so at that point they figured there was nothing they could do. I mean how many white Rav4's are there?

    One interesting thing about this story, not only is it not the cover story of the NE, there is no mention on the cover at all about it. I bought it because there's something about Casey Anthony on the cover (I know, I know...)
    “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.”
    Martin Luther

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


  28. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    19,351
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I wonder if they're waiting until they get the cadaver dogs to do the search, just don't get why it takes so long to get dogs to the island.

    If this story is true, I figure the witnesses were planning to call police after they collected their senses, which is probably why they turned around and went back possibly to get the plate #'s of the vehicle, maybe even to follow the vehicle. They couldn't do any of that as the Rav4 was no longer in sight, so at that point they figured there was nothing they could do. I mean how many white Rav4's are there?

    One interesting thing about this story, not only is it not the cover story of the NE, there is no mention on the cover at all about it. I bought it because there's something about Casey Anthony on the cover (I know, I know...)
    Well someone has to stick their neck out and take one for the group. What a brave soul you are. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  30. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    19,351
    When you think about GG and the insurance he had to have known that someone has to be declared dead or there has to be a body before insurance pays on the policy. I don't think she is in the pet cemetary. Way too shallow and at the most a couple of feet of sand and not enough to bury a person. If he told LE he thinks she was swept out by the current I have to think he watched her body float away but not at Baby Beach. He may have figured they would find her body within a couple of days which means he could easily collect on the policy. His comment about she must be dead by now is disturbing as if she were still alive when he put/pushed her into the water.

    The time of day is also very strange because if you wanted to get rid of someone and keep the body from being found that night you would not put her in the water where they would be searching. Along the cliff areas there are spots where there are little beach areas and even though you can see how strong the current is you can walk ankle deep and enjoy the beach. However the water gets very, very dark which means there is no shelf there and it drops significantly. So if he were to push or dropped her off at the cliff area there is no way she could save herself. Currents are too strong and would just carry her out.

    My guess is he may have tried to get her in the water at the lagoon hoping to hold her under until she drowned but she would not get out of the car. What we do know from witnesses is that they left Baby Beach in the car. What we can assume is that something in GG's behavior, or RG for that matter, drew attention to them. Either they were acting out of character or something in their body language helped these people remember and take notice. Maybe a man with a mission. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  32. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,191
    Shall we call in the SAR's experts?

  33. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Suniskye I'm still new and can't figure out how to quote you from my phone.. I'll eventually get the hang of it.
    This is in reference to what you wrote to me up thread. Just wanted to let you know. I completely agree with about the whole person that is using Robyn to push herself or to attach herself to further her career.. Or like you said.. An hour special. But the person I got my information from is not her. Nor CJ or any people from the case that we have publically heard from yet. And I must say, there are even more twists to this story that will come out very soon.. And even more when gg is released.

  34. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A stone's throw from NYC
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Suniskye I'm still new and can't figure out how to quote you from my phone.. I'll eventually get the hang of it.
    This is in reference to what you wrote to me up thread. Just wanted to let you know. I completely agree with about the whole person that is using Robyn to push herself or to attach herself to further her career.. Or like you said.. An hour special. But the person I got my information from is not her. Nor CJ or any people from the case that we have publically heard from yet. And I must say, there are even more twists to this story that will come out very soon.. And even more when gg is released.

    Released?

  35. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    13
    Even though the rental had been turned in and cleaned up, they should still be able to find blood. Or does ale not have the forensic means to investigate like the us? Here in the us. Someone can be murdered and a year later the police can go in and find blood spatter, despite the time elapsed or cleaning that may have occurred after. I am curious... Are the arubans that far behind in technology? I sure hope not.

  36. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    19,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Suniskye I'm still new and can't figure out how to quote you from my phone.. I'll eventually get the hang of it.
    This is in reference to what you wrote to me up thread. Just wanted to let you know. I completely agree with about the whole person that is using Robyn to push herself or to attach herself to further her career.. Or like you said.. An hour special. But the person I got my information from is not her. Nor CJ or any people from the case that we have publically heard from yet. And I must say, there are even more twists to this story that will come out very soon.. And even more when gg is released.
    Not sure what any relationships she had prior to going to Aruba could have on the fact that she is missing and presumed dead at the hands of her travel partner who took out and tried to collect on a 1.5 million dollar accident policy. Plus it isn't looking any better for him.

    If witnesses saw him beating RG that could be enough. If no one who rented a white RAV4 was at that area on that day and time it pretty much narrows it down to GG & RC. Not going to be hard to check it out for sure. It's a small country and the drivers are on record and the FBI could contact all of the Americans who were there that week and drove that type of vehicle. Like shooting ducks in a barrel. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  38. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,191
    Brought to our attention by neesaki

    EXCLUSIVE! ARUBA MURDER EYEWITNESS SHOCKING CLAIM

    In a sensational breakthrough in the disappearance of ROBYN GARDNER, Aruba police have two witnesses who saw a vio*lent attack on a woman who looked like the Maryland beauty, which they believe ended in her death.

    “The cops believe a local couple actually witnessed the beginning of what turned out to be Robyn’s murder,” a source close to the in*vestigation told The ENQUIRER.

    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...shocking-claim

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:


  40. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    19,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Even though the rental had been turned in and cleaned up, they should still be able to find blood. Or does ale not have the forensic means to investigate like the us? Here in the us. Someone can be murdered and a year later the police can go in and find blood spatter, despite the time elapsed or cleaning that may have occurred after. I am curious... Are the arubans that far behind in technology? I sure hope not.
    What makes you believe there was blood, other than her toe. And if they found any blood he could say it was from her toe. Aruba sends most of their testing to Holland. They truly are like a small county (not country) surrounded by water. Since this is very unusual for this type of crime to happen there is little use for this type of technology down there. It's not as if they are behind the times.....they just have no reason to have it. Murder is not common on the island. Think about it. You can't hunt, no guns that I ever saw. You can't steal a car, where would you go? Don't think you could even rob a bank because they would find you.

    So what are their problems...drugs, same as we have here. Break in's..same as we have here. Stealing, speeding, bar fights, etc. Not anything big by our standards. What I don't understand is the criticism of Aruba when it is probably safer than any neighborhood in the US by far and yet some Americans are appauled that this happened when it would be back page news at home. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  42. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,327
    I have been looking around and so far, only the NE article is reporting this

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to Dushi For This Useful Post:


  44. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoretoshore View Post
    Even though the rental had been turned in and cleaned up, they should still be able to find blood. Or does ale not have the forensic means to investigate like the us? Here in the us. Someone can be murdered and a year later the police can go in and find blood spatter, despite the time elapsed or cleaning that may have occurred after. I am curious... Are the arubans that far behind in technology? I sure hope not.
    Don't know if there would necessarily be much if any blood from being slapped and punched w/ fists.
    “The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.”
    Martin Luther

  45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MD ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #5
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 797
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
  2. MD ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #4
    By Salem in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 792
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 03:18 PM
  3. MD ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #3
    By Salem in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 748
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 01:34 AM
  4. ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #2
    By Salem in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 653
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
  5. ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 August 2011 - #1
    By majikposhun in forum Missing but not forgotten Discussion
    Replies: 1258
    Last Post: 08-18-2011, 04:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •