1222 users online (216 members and 1006 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 306
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Also there are two distinguishing things that could sum up this find: If Erik Patchin has a mole on the left side of his chest AND if Erik was circumcised (judging from the popularity at the time of his birth, most likely he was). That is why a family member, possibly his mom or dad, should look into this case as well.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    western PA, USA
    Posts
    903
    This may or may not be important, but the flower decals suggest the body was dismembered in a home and not a motel. I can't see them being used in a motel bathtub that had to be frequently scrubbed out, and it's been a while since I've stayed in a motel, but don't most motel tubs have built-in anti-skid bottoms anyway, like a pattern of bars with a sandpaper-like texture?

    Maybe whoever was dismembering the body realized there would be blood under the stickers so he pried them up and disposed of them with the egg-crate mattress and other stuff.

    Useless pop-culture info: The flowers came in various decorating colors and were self-stick so they could be arranged on the floor of the tub, and they were textured to provide some grip so bathers wouldn't fall. I think they were a very Seventies thing.

    No guarantee these are the exact type, but here's what I'm talking about (scroll down): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Rubberm...-/380351205313
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Posts
    4,565
    Unless police were holding something back, I assume there was no damage to the torso itself. I think an autopsy could also rule out suffocation, strangulation, drowning and poison as a cause of death. That would leave some sort of head trauma as the likely cause of the victim's demise. The only other possibilities I can think of (and they're extremely unlikely) are exsanguination and decapitation.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.


    Stan Reid

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462
    Back in 1994, the area might have looked different but this gives a rough idea of the surroundings and the highways...I went to street level and went further to the other side of interstate 10 and there are a couple of gas stations on that corner as well...

    Interstate 10 and US 441 in Lake City, Florida. - Google Maps


    editted and corrected location...
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Back in 1994, the area might have looked different but this gives a rough idea of the surroundings and the highways...I went to street level and went further to the other side of interstate 10 and there are a couple of gas stations on that corner as well...

    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Inters...4.83,,0,0&z=14
    If you go further north just past the interstate, to your right, there is an abandoned gas station. That is the one. My friend and I did some freelance investigating up there about almost a year ago. We found it to be in very poor condition and overrun by weeds. We were also able to go inside the building, but there was nothing of importance there. However, there is alot of woods back there. I do have pictures, but I will have to see if I still have them. Otherwise I can make a trip up there and snap some. As far as the bathtub decals, I think you are right about the Rubbermaid appliques, tatortot. And from what I am assuming (being I have not seen this torso and most likely will ever being that the Dale Earnhardt, Sr. Act is in play in Florida), the torso was not damaged other than possibly scrapes from being dragged to the dumpster and obvious blood stains. What we should know about the perp is, is that he barely had any strength in him or her to get the torso in the dumpster. So...this guy was either poor in shape or was a gaunt middle/old-aged person (50-70). but going back, I think there is a quaint possibility this could be my MP, Erik Patchin. I will be making contact with the CCSO to submit this tip. But I think that the body parts were cleverly hidden somewhere along the interstate, although there was an intense search for parts along I-10 west and east bound as well as south and north bound I-75. If this was a father and son issue, then the father could have easily buried parts in his back yard. There is really no telling, especially since there was a missing person (my MP) that went missing a week or so prior in Tallahassee and fits the description of the torso neck description. As mentioned before, the torso was clearly circumcised, so the deal breaker would be: was Patchin? My assumption would be because it was a popular proceedur in the 70's and 80's, sure. But you can't rule that out because there are also possibilities that he wasn't. Also, does Patchin have the distinguished mole on his chest? These are questions I may be able to get answers to tomorrow.
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 10-04-2011 at 03:38 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    It is actually the first gas station on the right past the interstate going north.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFutchLakeCityFL View Post
    If you go further north just past the interstate, to your right, there is an abandoned gas station. That is the one. My friend and I did some freelance investigating up there about almost a year ago. We found it to be in very poor condition and overrun by weeds. We were also able to go inside the building, but there was nothing of importance there. However, there is alot of woods back there. I do have pictures, but I will have to see if I still have them. Otherwise I can make a trip up there and snap some. As far as the bathtub decals, I think you are right about the Rubbermaid appliques, tatortot. And from what I am assuming (being I have not seen this torso and most likely will ever being that the Dale Earnhardt, Sr. Act is in play in Florida), the torso was not damaged other than possibly scrapes from being dragged to the dumpster and obvious blood stains. What we should know about the perp is, is that he barely had any strength in him or her to get the torso in the dumpster. So...this guy was either poor in shape or was a gaunt middle/old-aged person (50-70). but going back, I think there is a quaint possibility this could be my MP, Erik Patchin. I will be making contact with the CCSO to submit this tip. But I think that the body parts were cleverly hidden somewhere along the interstate, although there was an intense search for parts along I-10 west and east bound as well as south and north bound I-75. If this was a father and son issue, then the father could have easily buried parts in his back yard. There is really no telling, especially since there was a missing person (my MP) that went missing a week or so prior in Tallahassee and fits the description of the torso neck description. As mentioned before, the torso was clearly circumcised, so the deal breaker would be: was Patchin? My assumption would be because it was a popular proceedur in the 70's and 80's, sure. But you can't rule that out because there are also possibilities that he wasn't. Also, does Patchin have the distinguished mole on his chest? These are questions I may be able to get answers to tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFutchLakeCityFL View Post
    It is actually the first gas station on the right past the interstate going north.
    Hi Jason... thanks for your input... I editted my post... Is it the correct gas station shown?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Hi Jason... thanks for your input... I editted my post... Is it the correct gas station shown?
    That is the correct one! I also took pictures today I will post momentarily.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks Jason:

    In June, I suspect it would have started to getting light out at about 5 AM. The station closed at 10 PM so we can be pretty sure the event occurred after that anyway. Was the station across the street there then and, if so, do you know if it kept about the same hours?
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.


    Stan Reid

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    Thanks Jason:

    In June, I suspect it would have started to getting light out at about 5 AM. The station closed at 10 PM so we can be pretty sure the event occurred after that anyway. Was the station across the street there then and, if so, do you know if it kept about the same hours?
    You know I thought about that, but the gas station looks fairly new to me, like maybe it has been there probably at least ten years now. I'm not sure if it was around in 1994. If so, it probably could have been a 24/7 gas station being that at the time the only stations to my knowledge was the BP station and the Joy America store south of the interstate heading toward Lake City. That Joy America store would also be the site of an America's Most Wanted profile of an unknown robber who shot and killed a store clerk there while she was closing in 2008. Also, I would doubt the sun would be up around 5AM. I would say about 6AM was sunrise, but I could always look up at past times on the weather channel's website.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,622

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Thanks for the link. Thats one more flyer that could be useful!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Well here is my question to the people on this forum...do you think this torso, considering when it was discovered, could belong to Erik Patchin; who at one time was considered to be The Greatful Dead John Doe? He went missing May 24th, 1994 from Tallahassee, FL. The torso was found about nearly 2 weeks later on June 5th, 1994 in Lake City, FL. Believe it or not, Tallahassee is appx. 100 miles from Lake City via I-10. What could have happened was he may have had contacts in Lake City, got into some crazy stuff, and wound up getting murdered. His body was probably cut up in a "friends" house and strewn across I-10. In 1994, according to newspapers, each exit was checked along I-10 from Pensacola to Jacksonville and every exit on I-75 from Jasper to Ocala, FL. No sign.Rest areas were also checked. But the sides of the roads and the vast wooded areas along I-10 were never checked. In 1994, there was not technology like there is today to check wooded areas from the sky for human remains or missing people. So this should be taken under great consideration.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,859
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFutchLakeCityFL View Post
    Well here is my question to the people on this forum...do you think this torso, considering when it was discovered, could belong to Erik Patchin; who at one time was considered to be The Greatful Dead John Doe? He went missing May 24th, 1994 from Tallahassee, FL. The torso was found about nearly 2 weeks later on June 5th, 1994 in Lake City, FL. Believe it or not, Tallahassee is appx. 100 miles from Lake City via I-10. What could have happened was he may have had contacts in Lake City, got into some crazy stuff, and wound up getting murdered. His body was probably cut up in a "friends" house and strewn across I-10. In 1994, according to newspapers, each exit was checked along I-10 from Pensacola to Jacksonville and every exit on I-75 from Jasper to Ocala, FL. No sign.Rest areas were also checked. But the sides of the roads and the vast wooded areas along I-10 were never checked. In 1994, there was not technology like there is today to check wooded areas from the sky for human remains or missing people. So this should be taken under great consideration.
    Someone should at least check whether he has been considered. One would think that they would have checked him out, but you can't presume that they did. The 100 mile distance from Tallahassee is just far enough that he would probably be outside of the range of local missing persons that they would check out.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Someone should at least check whether he has been considered. One would think that they would have checked him out, but you can't presume that they did. The 100 mile distance from Tallahassee is just far enough that he would probably be outside of the range of local missing persons that they would check out.
    I checked out the John Doe's profile on NamUs and the only person the Lake City '94 John Doe (being there is also a '78 John Doe as well) was considered to be was a missing 13 year old named Danny Jackson from Gainesville. I did alert the Columbia County Sheriffs Office on my find, and I am awaiting more information from the sheriffs office. I know, being this is one of the only cold cases in Lake City, this will be taken under heavy consideration. I actually encourage some of the people on here to call CCSO and tell Sheriff Mark Hunter and the investigating officer to heavily consider this find. I will be posting this story on America's Most Wanted forums tonight as well because I believe its time to bring new life into this case because I believe that this John Doe should be considered a match to MP Erik Patchin. Yes, the comparison between Patchin and TGD "Jason" Doe failed, but this could be a great possibility...a very great possibility!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-26-2017, 11:44 AM
  2. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 10-06-2017, 01:11 PM
  3. UT UT - Jack Simmons, 24, Salt Lake City, April 1994
    By MagnoliaMountain in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 12:59 PM
  4. Identified! UT - Salt Lake City, Body in Red Butte Creek, Jun'10 - Douglas Nelson
    By armywife in forum Identified!
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 03:35 PM

Tags for this Thread