1199 users online (251 members and 948 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 306
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Thanks for the info Cindi-Lou. I would perfer to keep threads separate because the last thread was discussing a possible match. Now, because it did not go through, I started a new one to get the public involved. And I saw the flyer. Thank you. I can submit this tip to CCSO on Monday, when I get done procesing the other potential leads. Please keep working hard. I hope to have a website up and running soon to talk about this case, and include a message board. Thank you.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,856
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFutchLakeCityFL View Post
    Thanks for the info Cindi-Lou. I would perfer to keep threads separate because the last thread was discussing a possible match. Now, because it did not go through, I started a new one to get the public involved. And I saw the flyer. Thank you. I can submit this tip to CCSO on Monday, when I get done procesing the other potential leads. Please keep working hard. I hope to have a website up and running soon to talk about this case, and include a message board. Thank you.
    We don't do threads anymore that focus on a specific possible match between one UID and one MP. Most of the threads are now structured for one UID, and unlimited MP's. There are a few exceptions. For example we have several threads that cover multiple UID's attributed to a single serial murderer.

    But we have removed all Possible Match, Submitted, and Ruled Out flags from the threads, and have merged all threads that cover a common UID.

    Consequently, I just merged the two threads that cover this UID.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-12-2012 at 09:30 PM.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Ok I will follow that...no harm I suppose lol...

    I do wish to share that I will be having an online site dedicated to this case up tomorrow. I will have thorough details on the case listed on there. As I mentioned, I encourage everyone who may have a potential match to contact the Columbia Co. Sheriffs Office. I will post the number up here in a few.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    UPDATE: As of today, I still have not been able to do any website for this John Doe. I do need alot of help with this case and would love for you to submit any tips or possible matches you have on this John Doe. I have a new goal now of trying to identify this person....by the end of 2013, I hope to have a match. But I cannot do this alone. Please help me if you can! Submit your tips to Sheriff Mark Hunter and the Columbia Co. Sheriffs Office. Mail them at:

    Columbia County, Florida
    Sheriff’s Office
    Sheriff Mark Hunter
    4917 U.S. Hwy 90 East
    Lake City, FL 32055-6288

    Or you can call the Investigation Division at 386-758-1095. We need to add pressure on this case. I hope we can do this together. After you submit the tips, please let me know, and I can work with the MP's local PD/SO. Please Sleuthers, help me out!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184

    Update!

    UPDATE: I am now in the process of working on the new site for this John Doe and will also include the case that I am also working on as well in the 1978 Lake city John Doe Case. Please STAY INFORMED! KEEP ADDING PRESSURE ON THE COLUMBIA CO. SHERIFFS OFFICE TO STAY WORKING ON THIS CASE!!!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    When you look in the NAMUS profile for this UID, what does "CA Pound# 6B94" mean? It is listed under the Physical/Medical section for the 'Skeletal Findings'.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    When you look in the NAMUS profile for this UID, what does "CA Pound# 6B94" mean? It is listed under the Physical/Medical section for the 'Skeletal Findings'.
    Never mind... I figured it out for myself - 6B94 is the case number for the skeletal 'autopsy', which is interesting to read. After reading it, I bet the UID was close to 17 years old. I am betting anything this was a step-parent murder, possibly with the female party being the one who tried to dump the torso in the dumpster and was unsuccessful. There probably is no missing person report. The rest of the family has to be wondering what happened to him though.... I am new to this case, but Zahra Baker comes to mind, as does "Baby Grace" - Riley Ann Sawyers. It was media attention that worked in the Riley case. This case needs lots of publicity with an appeal to family members who might be wondering where their nephew/uncle/cousin/brother, etc REALLY is. Count me in for helping.... as if I needed something else to obsess over. I am attaching the actual document for the examination of the skeletal remains.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Never mind... I figured it out for myself - 6B94 is the case number for the skeletal 'autopsy', which is interesting to read. After reading it, I bet the UID was close to 17 years old. I am betting anything this was a step-parent murder, possibly with the female party being the one who tried to dump the torso in the dumpster and was unsuccessful. There probably is no missing person report. The rest of the family has to be wondering what happened to him though.... I am new to this case, but Zahra Baker comes to mind, as does "Baby Grace" - Riley Ann Sawyers. It was media attention that worked in the Riley case. This case needs lots of publicity with an appeal to family members who might be wondering where their nephew/uncle/cousin/brother, etc REALLY is. Count me in for helping.... as if I needed something else to obsess over. I am attaching the actual document for the examination of the skeletal remains.
    Thank you Reannan...lets collaborate together. I read that report months ago and also received help understanding it from a friend who is an anthropologist, who did study work on human skeletons. I was able to get ahold of Carl today, but will have to talk to him tomorrow because he had family stuff to do today. Would you be willing to trade emails? I think we should def work together and try and get this case mainstream! My email is polomosianguard@gmail.com

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFutchLakeCityFL View Post
    Thank you Reannan...lets collaborate together. I read that report months ago and also received help understanding it from a friend who is an anthropologist, who did study work on human skeletons. I was able to get ahold of Carl today, but will have to talk to him tomorrow because he had family stuff to do today. Would you be willing to trade emails? I think we should def work together and try and get this case mainstream! My email is polomosianguard@gmail.com
    Not sure what I can add Jason.... I am certainly interested, but I think this case is going to be hard to solve because it is fairly cold and I believe complicated by the UID having had a complicated life. My gut instinct tells me this case is related to one of two circumstances:

    1. It is family related, and they have gone to ground. If a 'step-parent' or 'boyfriend' killed this young man, then the mother knows about it and has helped hide the fact all of these years.

    2. The young man was already on the fringe of society when he went missing. He could have been a runaway and living as an escort or drug addict that got mixed up in a bad scene. No one from his 'real family' would list him as missing because they already decided he was 'lost' when he ran away. No one from his current life-style would have listed him as missing because they know, or suspect, what really happened to him.

    All of the above are purely my opinion based on only a few hours of studying this case (I have done almost nothing else - except fix dinner - tonight!!!) I am fairly confident this UID is not in NAMUS as a MP. That doesn't mean he won't be put into NAMUS at sometime in the future. Is there anyway to get a local news source to do an article on this case? We need public awareness to get someone who knows or suspects what happened thinking and realizing that they need to come forward and ask a few questions about where their friend/family member has been all of these years. My heart breaks for him - SO YOUNG!!!! He deserved better than what happened to him.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    136
    Such a sad and disturbing case. Is it known whether or not there was any signs of sexual abuse on the torso (i.e. the anus)? The fact that the body was dismembered is reminiscent of the way Dahmer and Nilsen disposed of their victims bodies, and those two definitely sexual defiled their victims bodies.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Not sure what I can add Jason.... I am certainly interested, but I think this case is going to be hard to solve because it is fairly cold and I believe complicated by the UID having had a complicated life. My gut instinct tells me this case is related to one of two circumstances:

    1. It is family related, and they have gone to ground. If a 'step-parent' or 'boyfriend' killed this young man, then the mother knows about it and has helped hide the fact all of these years.

    2. The young man was already on the fringe of society when he went missing. He could have been a runaway and living as an escort or drug addict that got mixed up in a bad scene. No one from his 'real family' would list him as missing because they already decided he was 'lost' when he ran away. No one from his current life-style would have listed him as missing because they know, or suspect, what really happened to him.

    All of the above are purely my opinion based on only a few hours of studying this case (I have done almost nothing else - except fix dinner - tonight!!!) I am fairly confident this UID is not in NAMUS as a MP. That doesn't mean he won't be put into NAMUS at sometime in the future. Is there anyway to get a local news source to do an article on this case? We need public awareness to get someone who knows or suspects what happened thinking and realizing that they need to come forward and ask a few questions about where their friend/family member has been all of these years. My heart breaks for him - SO YOUNG!!!! He deserved better than what happened to him.
    You could be on to something there, Reannan. That is something I do not dismiss. I have always wondered: was it a single father who could not take it anymore with his rebellious son? Was it a **** who did not like what this boy was pushing, so he had to go barbaric on him? Or was it someone who just randomly picked this boy to put him through some crazy suffering? Who knows? But lets keep that as a possibility. When I discuss this with Carl tomorrow I am sure he will agree. As for media coverage, its highly impossible unless a major breakthrough occurred. I know if we can get a hold of John Walsh, I am sure he would take this case too! I always say don't rule anything out! Lets put pressure on the Lake City Reporter or the news stations in Jacksonville, Tallahassee and Gainesville as well as some media in Lake City. I feel the heat is on in this case now.

    And as for the sexual discoveries, there was no indication of sexual assault whatsoever. This was just cold blooded murder.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184

    PART 1: Anonymous Source Discusses New Leads

    This week, it was brought to my attention from an anonymous source that there was more to the story than what the reports indicated. The source, <modsnip> that worked the scene that day, stated more information than was reported on the online sources.

    According to the source:
    1) He stated that the victim had not only severed hands, legs and head; but also his genitals were severed and so were patches of skin where perhaps tattoos could have possibly been. On the NAMUS report, the Medical Examiner who had reviewed this case indicated that the victim was circumcised. According to the source, there was no way the Medical Examiner would have been able to determine that. The penis and testicles had been completely cut away. Also of note is the sliced skin where the tattoos should have been. This was not indicated in public reports, although it is not certain if the skin was cut to remove tattoos. This should have been public information.

    2) He also states that, contrary to online reports, that this victim had to have been in his early twenties to early thirties. In the public online reports, it indicates that the victim was between fourteen-twenty one; a report was also done by University of Florida's famed Osteologist and Florida Museum of Natural History's curator Dr. William Maples, which concluded that the victim was in his teens. The source said that based on torso structure and physical, that would have to have been impossible. This will be revisited later.

    Because of these new leads, it is now safe to assume that now we have new direction. Since the departure of Sheriff Trammel, the investigation stayed cold and remained cold leading up to the present time. No active leads had been received by the CCSO and no media attention has been placed on this case. The last time media attention was placed on the case was the time during the June 1994 investigation.

    With new leads and a new direction, this case can only get hotter; especially with help from the public. Only time can tell as to whether or not this case will get the notification that it deserves. A mom and dad could still be wondering where their son is...a brother or sister wondering what happened to their sibling...or friends who wonder what happened to their old bud. The sad part of John/Jane Doe cases in general is that some of these cases will never be solved. But in this case, I have a special feeling that this will be solved.
    Last edited by beach; 09-19-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: still too easy to ID this person. erring on the side of safety.
    Lake City John Doe/Fred Laster: www.lakecityjohndoe.weebly.com
    1978 Columbia County John 'Forrest' Doe Discussion: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...st-area-Nov-78
    Where is Detra Mcguire and who killed her baby? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...amUs-MP-13094)

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    136
    Wow what an update. I wonder why they would not rectify this information on the DoeNetwork or other websites? This is a huge discrepancy in information between what is out there and what your source has told you. I wonder how the bone analysis could have been so wrong? It seems to me that, that would be an accurate measure of age. I wonder if perhaps there was a sexual angle to this corpse since the genitals were completely removed.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by JupiterAmmon View Post
    Wow what an update. I wonder why they would not rectify this information on the DoeNetwork or other websites? This is a huge discrepancy in information between what is out there and what your source has told you. I wonder how the bone analysis could have been so wrong? It seems to me that, that would be an accurate measure of age. I wonder if perhaps there was a sexual angle to this corpse since the genitals were completely removed.
    Thank you for your response JupiterAmmon...we are way ahead now than we were months ago. There are more updates coming within the next couple of weeks from the same source. I believe this is what the CCSO and FDLE deem sensitive information that did not want leaking around. However, why would they not, when it is important information that could help the identity of the torso and also lead to the capture of a fugitive? And why would the NAMUS report say circumcised when the informant said that this victim's genitals were dismembered? Mind you, the informant was the second person on the scene that day. As for the bone analysis, I honestly would stay with Dr. Maples' report because the informant's description was an educated guess. And as for a sexual angle, like Riannan said earlier, it is possible that this guy could have been a male escort and was in the middle of a bad situation...or the victim could have actually been a rapist and he was involved in payback murder? Or it could have been a family member who murdered him and said that their child had run away. All of this somehow seems fishy when you compare the documents online and ACTUAL first hand accounts of the scene...who agrees?
    Lake City John Doe/Fred Laster: www.lakecityjohndoe.weebly.com
    1978 Columbia County John 'Forrest' Doe Discussion: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...st-area-Nov-78
    Where is Detra Mcguire and who killed her baby? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...amUs-MP-13094)

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    18,098
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonFutchLakeCityFL View Post
    Thank you for your response JupiterAmmon...we are way ahead now than we were months ago. There are more updates coming within the next couple of weeks from the same source. I believe this is what the CCSO and FDLE deem sensitive information that did not want leaking around. However, why would they not, when it is important information that could help the identity of the torso and also lead to the capture of a fugitive? And why would the NAMUS report say circumcised when the informant said that this victim's genitals were dismembered? Mind you, the informant was the second person on the scene that day. As for the bone analysis, I honestly would stay with Dr. Maples' report because the informant's description was an educated guess. And as for a sexual angle, like Riannan said earlier, it is possible that this guy could have been a male escort and was in the middle of a bad situation...or the victim could have actually been a rapist and he was involved in payback murder? Or it could have been a family member who murdered him and said that their child had run away. All of this somehow seems fishy when you compare the documents online and ACTUAL first hand accounts of the scene...who agrees?
    Though a sexual murder is possible, the details you describe seem a bit more oriented toward making identification possible. Especially the (possible) removal of tattoos or other identifying marks.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10-26-2017, 11:44 AM
  2. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 10-06-2017, 01:11 PM
  3. UT UT - Jack Simmons, 24, Salt Lake City, April 1994
    By MagnoliaMountain in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 12:59 PM
  4. Identified! UT - Salt Lake City, Body in Red Butte Creek, Jun'10 - Douglas Nelson
    By armywife in forum Identified!
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 03:35 PM

Tags for this Thread